• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Brews & Horror d'Oeuvres

Pyoopi

greedy heart stealer
Staff
Project Staff
Artist
Squirtle Squad
Bells
Island
TeeheeTiki
Toy Hammer
Coconut
Pink Heart Balloon
Coconut
Toy Hammer
Coconut
Banana
Toy Hammer
Banana
Coconut
bannerKitchen.png
Upon entering the Bell Tree Manor, you hear a methodical chopping noise down the hallway. You're filled immediate dread but soon realize there's a familiarity to it like someone preparing a meal. The constant, tok tok tok, entices you to move closer where you find a door emitting a warm glow. Ah! It appears to be a bustling kitchen and you enter hastily to be greeted by the line of cooks. However, you are the only one standing in the dark, derelict kitchen. There's ingredients strewn about, pots and cutlery ready to use but where's the chef? Interesting...
Task 🦇

Create a spooky-inspired drink or hors d'oeuvres (appetizers). You may choose one or both!
Give your creation a title and a short description of what you made.

Rules 🦇

Decide to make either a spooky-themed drink or hors d'oeuvres for this event! (You may do both if you desire)
You're allowed to use premade baking, cooking ingredients and materials.
Example: Apple juice dyed with food coloring. Oreo cookies with Hersey Kisses on top.

Drink requirements
  • Drinks can be hot or cold.​
  • They can be alcoholic or non-alcoholic.​
  • You should have at least a minimum of ONE drink presented.​

Hors d'oeuvres (appetizers) requirements
  • They can be hot or cold, sweet or savory, etc.​
  • You should have at least a minimum of THREE hors d'oeuvres presented.​
  • Example: three deviled eggs​
Please include a title, a photograph of your tasty creation, and a short description of what you made. Please remember to include a name card of your TBT username that's clearly written and upload it to this thread by 11:59pm EST on Sunday the 31st of October, 2021!

How to Submit 🦇

Submit your entry by posting it in this thread by 11:59pm EST on Sunday the 31st of October, 2021. Your TBT username must be visible on a name card in your photograph. If it is edited in digitally then your entry will be rejected.

However, please note that to be eligible to be nominated for a Halloween Favorite your entry must be submitted by the earlier deadline of 2:59pm EST on Sunday the 31st of October 2021!
Witch's poison and Werewolf paws

test_photo.jpg

The drink I created is a black margarita that's rimmed with green sugar crystals. For my hors d'oeuvres, they're madeleines covered in a hazelnut frosting with almond halves as claws. Two of the paws are sprinkled with the green sugar.

Reminder: Make sure you don’t eat your entry until you take all the photos needed and it gets approved!
(Don't be like me and forget your TBT name card..)
Reminder: Make sure you don’t eat your entry until you take all the photos needed and it gets approved!

Prizes 🦇

Participation:
  • 30 Haunted Coins
  • 1 Golden Haunted Coin

Halloween Favorites:
  • 1st Place: 40 Haunted Coins
  • 2nd Place: 30 Haunted Coins
  • 3rd Place: 20 Haunted Coins
  • 4th Place: 10 Haunted Coins

Frequently Asked Questions 🦇

Q. How will the Halloween Favorites be decided?
A. The staff will review and nominate entries to go to a community poll. Only entries submitted by 2:59pm EST on Sunday the 31st of October 2021 will be eligible to be nominated.

Q. What counts as a hors d'oeuvre?
A. Generally, it's a small savory dish that's served before or with a meal. Think of small bites, snacks and finger foods. Both flavors savory and sweet will be accepted.

Q. When you say, 'minimum of 3 hors d'oeuvres', does that mean we have to make 3 dishes or is 3 pieces of the same dish?
A. You must make three pieces of the same dish. For instance, if you plan on baking pumpkin cookies, you will need three pumpkin cookies shown in your entry.

Q. Can I make one large dish instead of hors d'oeuvres?
A. No, this event calls for small eats and only hors d'oeuvres, appetizers, tapas, and snacks will be accepted.

Q. Can I use food dye in water for my brew?
A. As long as it's decorated in a spooky or Halloween manner!

Last edited:
I have a question about this event if ya don't mind!

Of course our food/drink is important, but is presentation also considered for Acceptance/Halloween Favorites? Say the kinds of dishes you use, or what you might put around it? (Like the rats or candles in Pyoopi's example!). Also, are we allowed to use multiple photos to show process/proof (as a drink may not be easily visible in a opaque mug) of theme?

I have a question about this event if ya don't mind!

Of course our food/drink is important, but is presentation also considered for Acceptance/Halloween Favorites? Say the kinds of dishes you use, or what you might put around it? (Like the rats or candles in Pyoopi's example!). Also, are we allowed to use multiple photos to show process/proof (as a drink may not be easily visible in a opaque mug) of theme?
The presentation is more of an extra fun bit if you're feeling extra spooky-spirited. The focus is more on the food and/or the drink itself you create! So if you just have pink plates but your food is very Halloweeny, you're not going to be judged for using happy, pink plates.

If you want to show more than one photo, that's fine but place them in spoilers separate from your main entry photo. The single photo you choose to be your official entry will be the one judged for Halloween Favorites.

I have a question - can frosted cookies count as a “sweet” appetizer? I know they are technically desserts but I have all the supplies for Halloween cookies I’m planning on making, so I just want to check to see if they would work for this event :)

Edit: nevermind I see pumpkin cookies was used as an example in the FAQ. ignore me!!

Since it's sunday, spend a little time brewing up something in the kitchen 😉
I've made halloween cookies and an autumn potion!

🎃 Halloween Cookies

Simple cookie recipe with cacao flavor. Afterwards, used icing to decorate them.

🧙‍♂️ Autumn potion (served warm)

boiled (500ml) cranberry juice together with 2 cinnamon sticks and 1 chinese anise. Let rest on stove for 5 minutes, take out the anise and serve in a glass with orange slice and different kind of berries!​

1.PNG

2.PNG

excuse the lack of fancy culinary work but this student budget can only afford so much food!! i present: jack o' sandwiches
image0.jpg
they were intended to be quesadillas but not quite sure my flatmates will look at me the same if i explain i'm cooking for an ac forum competition so.. cheese sandwiches it is :)

Hi! I don't have access to any foods I can put together for a decoration. Is it okay if I draw mine for my submission?

Well, 😅, since i have been recently relocated for my job i am currently in a foreign country in a hotel room there is no much I can do 😅 pardon the simplicity of my entry ( i love baking so it was really a blow i could not do some powder bloody magic 😈 )

Title for my entry: the witches horcrux 🧙‍♀️

I made a monster with Babybel, sugar glacier and black Haribo, A gosht with sugar glacier, babyble and black Haribo, a lollipop looking bloody eye with sugar glacier, black Haribo and babybel

247639254_242229651271720_9191622736689411483_n.jpg

247590852_432656384882197_2761791646664029337_n.jpg

Last edited:
Are we allowed alcoholic drinks? So I can mix vodka and monsters and make a drink that can kill god
Yes, that's fine! In my example I made a margarita.
Hi! I don't have access to any foods I can put together for a decoration. Is it okay if I draw mine for my submission?
Sorry, this event calls for physical foods or drinks only to be accepted.

We don't have to do it the same day that we get the key, if I understood correctly, right ?
Because I've got an idea but need to buy some stuff for it before 😩

What does a vampire drink on his day off?
Blood Light.
Full Moon Drink

This non-alcoholic creation meant to imitate blood liquor is made with sparkling water, Splenda, orange food coloring, vanilla food syrup, and a hint of lemon. The bright orange color is achieved by pouring in the Splenda and food coloring at the same time. To finish it off, it’s poured into a galaxy colored mug and served with an orange pineapple pick.

C645E7A4-3398-4BD1-9C79-E9D59D52ABAD.jpeg

Here's mine!
IMG_20211024_132347.jpg

I call it, the haunted glass of water! How did it get orange? Why did it get orange? No one knows..... It's not recommended for human consumption though. This was made with maple syrup and water mixed together to get the orange color! Beware the haunted glass of water, everone!

Here is mine. I'm calling it Vampire's Delight.

For the drink: berry punch bottom layer, strawberries and cool whip blended middle layer, cool whip top layer, red sprinkles topping on glass.

For the cookies: chocolate chip cookies, red icing, marshmallows, and almond slivers for the fangs, lol.

imagejpeg_0(18).jpg

I wasn't sure if we had to choose either drink/snack or if we could do both. So here's the cookies if we can only do one.

imagejpeg_0(20).jpg

Back