• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Woods Expedition 3: Dollhouse of Horrors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bells
Green Candy
Yellow Candy
Red Tulip
Orange Candy
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Timmy Christmas Doll
Good afternoon and thank you for receiving me on this cold day! I'm relieved to be indoors after a journey and a long night spent in a hole-filled tent on the way here. It feels as if the road to your town is harder and harder to travel with every visit, but I've made it in one piece and, despite my current state of weariness, am excited to share an opportunity with you all. Based on the information I've already received from many of you, I understand that my letter arrived a day before I did. I knew it would be important to start as soon as possible, and your findings will be useful in planning our next expedition into The Woods.

woodsExpedition3.gif

After the previous expedition I led two years ago, I did not expect to return for another. The treasures we earned, along with the multiple alarmingly narrow escapes from danger, inspired me into an early retirement. My life has since been filled with relaxation in place of terror. I have spent this time freeing myself of the horrible memories I gained here. However, I will never forget that, out of my many expeditions throughout the world, it was in your Woods that I endured the most horrifying experiences. But also an abundance of wealth! As a person driven by business and the pursuit of bells, as I'm sure many of you share, this is exactly what has brought me back to you today!

Word of our previous exploits started to spread and my reputation as a guide with it. It was from that notoriety that I was approached with a generous offer and hired under contract to find a particular item lost in the very Woods to which I swore to never return. My new employer's daughter, Katie, had gone missing in these Woods four years ago, but was successfully rescued and reunited with her mother. Unfortunately, her favorite doll was left behind! This doll must be so important to her, that her mother sought me out for its retrieval all these years later. That poor child.

What an opportunity this has created for all of us! The mother has instructed me to hire a team of rugged trekkers to make this expedition. You will each be paid 800 bells, with 10% paid upfront. If you are interested, let's get started on planning our trip through The Woods.

The information you have discovered for me yesterday was helpful in determining two strong leads about the whereabouts of this missing doll. The first points to a doll you are all calling Wix, while the second one has been called Pierrot. I'm afraid that there has been disagreement among the group over which of these dolls actually belongs to Katie. Instead of letting this argument delay our expedition, we will enter The Woods in search for both! Those of you who believe the doll to be one or the other should focus on luring it out of the Woods. I will be waiting in camp to retrieve whichever doll the majority of you brave adventurers believe to be the correct one. I am still very tired after my overnight journey to your town, and we will need a central base of operations after all. I did say they need to be "lured" because it's been said that these dolls may be possessed by spirits, but I promise that has nothing at all to do with the reason why I won't be entering The Woods with you!

In this event, you and the rest of the TBT community get to decide what happens on your expedition to retrieve Katie's doll. Each day until Halloween, two options will be posted in The Woods: one from Wix and one from Pierrot. By sending any amount of your Fear Essence to one or the other, you effectively vote for what happens.

Many of the options you can vote for will unlock small events that will allow you to earn Spirit Tokens. For example, you can decide if you want there to be an event that requires you to be creative, or one that requires you to guess the amount of candy in a jar. You will then be able to buy prizes with the Spirit Tokens you earn from participating in the selected events. The shop is already stocked with some spooky collectibles to spend your tokens on, including three new ones!

dollStrange.png
candy-spirit-wix.png
candy-spirit-pierrot.png
Strange DollSpirit Candy:
Wix
Spirit Candy:
Pierrot

On the other hand, some options you can vote for may be to add even more prizes to the shop. It can also be for something completely random to happen on The Bell Tree! You won't know what the choices are until the voting starts, and even then they may not be explained in full detail until after the voting is over. Whether you vote for something that can earn you more Spirit Tokens or for something you think will be more interesting is entirely up to you!

To send your Fear Essence to either account, click the About Me tab under their profile or go to one of their posts. Click their Fear Essence amount and specify how much you would like to transfer to them. The doll with the most Fear Essence at the end of the day will have its option selected and it will be reset for the next vote. Fear Essence can be earned in various ways over the next two weeks and you can choose to spend it every day or save it for another one.

The tables below display the current status of each day and event. Click the number of the day to go to the day's discussion thread in The Woods. Click the vote start date to go to its announcement in this thread.

Day
(Disc.)
Vote Start
(Ancmt.)
Wix's OptionF.E.Pierrot's OptionF.E.
1Oct 19Event: Haunted Home Designer1784Event: Pen and Poltergeist1162
2Oct 19/20Remove tree from TBT's banner288Turn tree in TBT's banner upside down898
3Oct 20Event: Phantasmal Forum Fashions1639Event: Counting Cavities - Round 11574
4Oct 21Ban Justin for 1 day2275Close the forum for 2 hours331
5Oct 22Event: Monster Mash-up2123Event: Hell's Kitchen1293
6Oct 23Anarchy mode2117Word replacement263
7Oct 24Event: Dollywood1734Event: New Horrorizons2000
8Oct 25Prize: Cursed Username881Rotate past banners1658
9Oct 26Event: Candy Factory1909Event: Counting Cavities - Round 22906
10Oct 27Event: Caption Crypt2575Event: Counting Cavities - Round 32457
11Oct 28Prize: Doll Bundle Raffle2163Prize: Candy Bundle Raffle841
12Oct 29Event: Candy Factory (second chance)4543Event: Counting Cavities - Round 3 (second chance)1489
13Oct 30Fear Essence theft276Stuff rains from sky1615
14Oct 31Remove tree from TBT's banner (second chance)5208Word replacement (second chance)5788
(Jack) Fear Essence theft (second chance)237(The Last Tree Ghost) Close the forum for 4 hours (second chance)1572

The events that have started so far are:

Event (Click for Thread)TypeStart DateDue Date
Animal Crossing home and outfit decoratingOct 20 12:00 AM EDTOct 28 2:59 AM EDT
Closed
Forum profile decoratingOct 21 10:00 PM EDTOct 24 10:00 PM EDT
Closed
Drawing based on predetermined cardsOct 23 10:00 PM EDTOct 31 11:59 PM EDT
Closed
Animal Crossing character creationOct 25 10:00 PM EDTNov 1 8:59 PM EDT
Closed

Round 2
Candy countingOct 27 10:00 PM EDTOct 31 11:59 PM EDT
Closed
Caption writingOct 28 10:00 PM EDTOct 31 11:59 PM EDT
Closed
Coloring line drawingOct 30 10:00 PM EDTNov 2 8:59 PM EDT
Closed

This thread will be updated each day, so check back to see what's happening next.

I want a strange doll so bad lol

I knew you'd make it !! Thank you for the detailed explanation.
The Wix candy definitely looks the coolest.
I wonder though, if there will be hints for which doll is the correct one, and if anything bad will happen if we get it wrong?

OHH THIS IS Really spooky, and I'm so excited to see what the different votes are going to be each day!! That will make about 2 weeks, cool!
Also.... I need that Strange Doll... it seems quite easy to get it considering the amount of spirit tokens given for the first tasks..

This is my first chance to get to meet you, The Woods Expedition Guide. I'm intrigued and a bit nervous all at the same time. I'm loving the Strange Doll & Wix Candy though so I'm looking forward to going into The Woods.

That Spirit Candy is the most beautiful collectible I've ever seen.

Also yay, The Woods Expedition Guide is back! Very nice.

I am loving that Wix Candy, it's gotta be expensive thou since it's top tier. It would fill my spooky lineup perfectly.

Today's voting thread has been posted in The Woods here with the two options you see below! Today, the voting will be shorter than the subsequent days because the voting will only last until tonight. Going forward, new options will be posted around 10 PM EDT and end on 10 PM EDT the next day when the next one is posted.

Day 1

Voting starts: October 19, 2019 2:30 PM EDT
Voting end: October 19, 2019 11:59 PM EDT

headerWix.gif

Unlock an Animal Crossing (multiple games) event called Haunted Home Designer that awards 7 Spirit Tokens for participation, and an additional 4 for selected staff favorites.
hauntedHomeDesigner-small.gif

To vote for this option, send your Fear Essence currency to Wix.

headerPierrot.gif

Unlock a writing-based event called Pen and Poltergeist that awards 7 Spirit Tokens for participation, and an additional 4 for selected staff favorites.
penAndPolt-small.gif

To vote for this option, send your Fear Essence currency to Pierrot.

So maybe me waiting to make a candy set this year was a bad idea hahaha.
Might be tough but I will give it a shot!

Anyway, looking forward to peoples' entries!

Also, not sure if this is intended but the shop values may need updating!
They seem to have the values of years passed?

Last edited:
I voted for Haunted Home Designer because I can't write for the life of me

Just like I do with the rest of the Halloween events here, I usually skip out on them. (Because they're hard goshdarnit!)

Maybe i'll do the Haunted Home Designer, but how many Fear Essence do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back