• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your most recent gaming purchases

Mail Time on switch! It’s also available on Steam and the ps4 + ps5, but I prefer playing games on handheld.

I’d been contemplating buying it since I first saw it in the 2023 Wholesome Snack Game Awards, and finally took the plunge a few days ago when I saw it was on sale for 20% off!

One of my goals for 2024 is to expand my game horizons a bit. I’m honestly
kinda embarrassed whenever someone asks what games I’m into and the answer I give them is so short lol, so I want to change that this year. I don’t have an idea in mind for how many games I want to try, but I think Mail Time was a good game to kick my goal off with!

The pros definitely outweigh the cons. The art style is super cute, especially when engaging in dialogue with one of the characters! I think my character is cute as well. The character customization options are nice; I like that there isn’t so many options that it’s overwhelming, but not so little options that it’s underwhelming. I appreciate that you can select the pronouns you use and can change them at any time in the settings menu. It made me really happy to see they/them as an option, even though those aren’t the pronouns that I identify as.

The gameplay has been fun so far. There isn’t anything complicated about it, which I like and appreciate. It’s a cute little game that’s perfect to play when you just want to unwind and lose yourself in a game for a bit. The characters are all so diverse and charming; I can’t tell you how many times the dialogue has made me smile or laugh, it’s just a wonderful mix of funny, heartwarming and ridiculous. There’s something so simply fun about delivering notes and letters, completing tasks, picking up trinkets, sampling mushrooms to unlock new hats and earning patches. I’m not sure how much gameplay is left for me since I’ve earned most of the patches, seem to have met all of the characters (minus Greg), have found most trinkets and sampled 8/9 mushrooms etc, but it’s been a wonderful time. I’ll continue to enjoy it for as much gameplay as I have left!

That being said, I have two gripes with the game. The first and biggest one is with the mechanics. Having to use the same button for jump, double jump and glide just doesn’t seem like the best idea. I know there are only so many buttons on the switch, but it’s still kind of annoying to be trying to double jump and end up gliding instead, especially when I’m high up and messing up can result in me falling off of wherever I am. The camera angles are also really bad at times. There’ve been moments where I’ve been trying to jump onto something and the camera will just zoom right into my character’s face. There has not been a single moment where I’ve needed to see my character that up close lol, and it’s inconvenient when I’m trying to jump somewhere and suddenly I can’t see my surroundings or where I’m landing. Trying to select anything in any of the menus is a pain as well. The only indication that you’ve selected something in a menu (ex. settings menu, inventory, when choosing a new mushroom hat) is a white lining around the option you have selected currently and the option‘s symbol wiggling a little, both of which are hard to see. Maybe I’m just going blind LMAO, but I don’t think I should have to squint in order to see what I have selected.

My second (or third lol) gripe is that it’s a little buggy. The graphics quality will just suddenly decrease and everything becomes blurry and grainy. I’ll earn a new patch and I won’t be able to select the bubble that closes the pop-up, which causes me to have to save and quit and reload the game. I’ll get a new letter or item from a character to deliver and my character won’t be able to move after. I have to pop my inventory up and scroll through it to remind the game that my joy-sticks work ig in order to get my character to start moving again.

Overall, it’s a super charming game and I’m having a lot of fun with it. I don’t know if the game works better on desktop or ps4/ps5 or if my gripes are present in those versions as well, but with the way it works on the switch, I wouldn’t say that it’s entirely worth the $23.49 CAD I paid for it. Definitely not worth its original price of $25.99 CAD + tax. I’d respectfully say that it’s worth $15-$20 on the switch with how buggy the game and its mechanics can be, but I don’t regret my purchase at all. Super cute game, I’m honestly gonna be bummed when I complete it. 💗

Last edited:
Mail Time is my most recent gaming purchase, too! I got it a little while back and still need to finish it to completion. I really love how adorable it is-- the environments are so fun to explore and the characters are all so cute and charming. It is worth noting that it's a bit buggy on the switch, though! My character tends to get frozen whenever I earn a badge. (I end up hitting random buttons until it unfreezes-- I haven't dealt with an outright crash or anything like that yet.) It didn't impact my opinion of the game too much though and hopefully there will be updates in the future to fix those little things.

I bought Cozy Grove on switch almost 2 weeks ago! I’d been looking for a new game to play since completing Mail Time, and was most intrigued by Cozy Grove out of all the other games I looked at. I’m very picky about the games I buy though, so I didn’t get it right away. With how expensive games can be, I want to be 100% sure that I’m going to enjoy a game and get my money’s worth before I decide to get it. Especially digital copy games since I can’t return those.

I’ve heard nothing but positive things about Cozy Grove, though! All of the reviews I read spoke highly of it, and any complaints I saw were from around when the game first came out. I also noticed that it was on sale for 43% off, and that was the final push I needed to get it!

I’ve only been playing for the past 8 days, but I’m enjoying Cozy Grove a lot so far! It’s such a charming, relaxing game for me to sink a couple of hours into each day. The art style is so lovely; I can’t wait to be able to admire it in all of its glory once the island is permanently in colour! I love all of the characters that I’ve met so far; their unique personalities are all so charming, and all of their designs are so cute! Jeremy, Patrice and Francesca are my favourite bears so far, but Mr. Kit and Pandam are adorable as well! I love red pandas, so I can’t tell you how excited I was to see Pandam for the first time! I have a soft spot for all of my bears, though. 🫶 I can’t wait to meet the rest of them!

Gameplay-wise, I have a love/hate relationship with it being a slower paced game. I really appreciate that there’s only so much to do each day and that it’s the kind of game that you can only really sink a couple of hours into at a time. It made starting and learning how to play a lot less overwhelming for me knowing that there wasn’t going to be a bunch of things thrown at me all at once. It does kind of suck at times when I’m so into the game and there isn’t anything left for me to do until the next day, or I just want to find out a bear’s backstory right then and there, but I love that it seems like I have months of content to look forward to! Time travelling also is technically an option if I ever get too impatient, but I’ve heard that it can mess up your game file, so I don’t really want to take that chance. Plus, I think it adds to the game’s charm to take it one day at a time.

I honestly don’t really have any complaints so far. I love doing tasks for my bears each day and getting to enjoy their areas and designs in colour, even though it doesn’t last. The spirit birds are so pretty, and I love that they glow at night! I also love that I can have cats, and I can’t wait to see a spirit deer for the first time! The critter and fish names are so silly and unserious I love them; I love how some of them kind of have scientific or realistic-sounding names, and then you just have others like “Future Banker” and “Kpop Anti-fan”. 😂 I love, love, love that I can hug the bears!!! I have a feeling that I’m going to need the hugs more than they do once they start remembering and revealing more about their backstories. 😅

My only complaints so far are very minor:

° The game can be a little buggy at times, especially when I first boot it up and when colour is returning to an area. It’s not a big deal or anything that causes the game to crash thankfully, but still.
° My eyesight might just be bad lol, but trying to find items on the ground for the bears when the island is mostly still uncoloured is a pain in the ass. The items are uncoloured just like the island, so they blend in. That, plus all of the greenery and the imps, makes stuff really hard to find sometimes.
° Why is my backpack so small!!!! I’m begging for there to be a bag bear or something, because I’ve had to upgrade my tent so many times now just to get more storage room because I’ve run out of space in my backpack!
° Let me hug Mr. Kit 😔

Overall, Cozy Grove has been so lovely so far. It’s been a welcome distraction from some of the stuff going on in my personal life, even if just for a couple of hours each day. I look forward to playing every day and seeing what new things I’ll get to discover! I can’t wait to meet the rest of the bears and continue helping the ones I’ve already met, even though I have a feeling there’s some heartbreak in my future. I’m also so excited to check out the DLC once I’ve gotten further along into the baseline game!

Last edited:
just bought buddy simulator 1984 for playstation, found it whilst scrolling the store!! the game has changed my brain chemistry

I wanna say my most recent game purchase for Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon, and I absolutely loved! Although it’s quite different from of bayonette, it was actually my first Bayonetta game. I was immediately drawn due to the art direction. While playing it they gave me so much inspiration. There was a lot of jestery/clownly imagery as well as a lot of uses of different textures and colors through out the game, and and those particular things have always given me so much inspiration. I’m very happy I decided to purchase it!

baldur's gate 3! i was steam sharing with my partner and wound up loving it a lot more than i thought i would. it's not the type of game i usually find myself playing but ooooh boy do i have the brainrot over it now.

Got an eshop voucher for my birthday, so I also bought cozy grove while it's on special! Haven't had the chance to start it yet though.

I bought myself Warioware Get it Together as it was on sale and I enjoyed the demo I played of it a while ago!

I bought Super Mario Bros Wonder last month which makes it my newest game! I have to be honest and say I haven't done much so far... 😅 My switch only tells me I've played for about an hour but I definitely want to play it more when I have some more free time. 😭 The other games I play require daily logins for the most efficiency + limited events have been happening, but I'm hoping to go back to SMBW once that dies down. I remember the New Super Mario Bros DS game being the first ever game I played on my DS at the time, and it was one of my favourites during my childhood! I think the last one I got was SMB2 for the 3DS and if I'm being honest, I can't recall much of that game and fell out of the 2D platform games after that.

Despite that, from the bit I've played of SMBW, I was already feeling somewhat nostalgic even though this is a fresh take on the 2D platforming games, which was really cool because it feels like I'm revisiting an aspect of my childhood. But I'm still impressed with the fun surprises this game has had to offer so far, and I'm definitely excited to play more. 😊

Late last week I purchased Demon's Tilt, a pinball game that is in the same sort of style as a game from my childhood known alternatively as Devil's Crash or Dragon's Fury. I found out about it initially a year or two ago, but never really felt like taking the plunge at its regular price point when I could get some other game instead. I just so happened to see that it was on sale on the eShop when I was renewing my Nintendo Switch Online subscription, so I figured there would be no better time and grabbed it. I like it.

19 inch sephiroth :> i actually don't have space to display him with the full wing, i ended up taking half of it off so he has a baby wing lol

i love the steelbook, it's late so i can't play until tomorrow > <;
GH4p7arbIAAWqDJ
GH4p7_DagAAKkgT

Alan Wake: Remastered, Freedom Planet, and Dementium: The Ward, all for the Switch. They're all real fun!

I bought the New Neighbears DLC for Cozy Grove (Switch) yesterday! I was initially planning on waiting until I was a little bit further into the base game, like 2 or 3 months or so, but I found out that the DLC includes an in-game Rainbow Cat, so obviously I had to ditch my original plans and get it immediately!! It was also on sale for 22% off, so I picked a good time to get it! ☺️

The DLC includes the free Rainbow Cat, some cute clothes, a closet expansion, a new type of critter to catch (butterflies!), a new category of badges to earn, and 4 new bears to meet! I don’t think I’ll be meeting the new bears for a while since I still have 5 base game bears left to meet, but I love my Rainbow Cat, the DLC clothes are super cute, and I love the butterflies!

just bought like a dragon: infinite wealth. games being $70 is sooo crazy. i really enjoyed yakuza: like a dragon and tried to play as fast as possible knowing a sequel was coming out soon lol. i also got the xbox game pass so i literally "bought" a crapton of games. i also bought GTAV not too long ago and i'm looking forward to playing that and causing max chaos in the game 🤭

The last game I bought was Loop hero long ago. I tend to spend hundreds of hours in the games I buy before I get new ones.

I know for a fact I'll get Legends Z when it releases (unless it ends up looking terrible)
image-31.png

FF7 Rebirth. I've been waiting for it's release for so long, and will be waiting another long 3-4 years again for the finale! I'm loving it so far. 😍

Bought Cozy Grove + New Neighbears DLC + the soundtrack on Steam!! I went in planning to just get the base game, but it's hard for me to resist a bundled sale on things I know I'll probably buy later anyway. ;v; It's really cute and I'm enjoying it so far! I've played as much as I can until tomorrow but still found myself itching to get back to it a couple times. I tend to be a lot more tentative on getting real-time based games, but I don't think I'll mind it with this one since there's no punishment for missing days, nor will things stack up and get overwhelming either.

Back