• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your Ideal Map

MollyTheDuck-x

Bells
I'm just curious, what would be your perfect map, the map that you're hoping will pop up when you're resetting.

I don't mean a map that isn't possible e.g split-river or houses on the beach. But maps that are possible but it would be near impossible to get them exactly how you're imagining it e.g with the buildings in the exact spot and the right fruit/grass pattern/town hall colour.

I'm just intrigued which maps are the most popular :)

My biggest requirement is that Re-Tail is not only close to the beach, but close to one of the slopes leading to the beach as well. I'd prefer Town Hall to be up north too so that the south side doesn't get too crowded, but other than that, I'm not picky about my map at all!

For Pripyat, I had a clear vision of what I wanted and I reset until I got it:

Red train station
Yellow town hall
2 beaches with ramp access
peaches, cherries or apples
triangle grass

I wasn't too picky about where the buildings and plaza were or about the number of ponds. I just kept looking until I found maps that looked nice to me. From there, I checked to see if it had everything I wanted. It took a couple of days.

I like symmetry if that makes sense? I like maps that are kind of straight. I don't like maps with a really squiggly river that divides the land up weird. My second town has a really good map imo
Olympus.jpg

It took me nearly 2 days to find my ideal map for Sodapop.

Reasonably straight river
Town hall and plaza near each other
Both of those things up north and off to the side
Retail off to the side
Oranges
Triangle grass

I got it too! Actually Sodapop's river is almost identical to MightyMunchlax's above my post.

Just started Prima! (Replacement for Camellia in my signature)
I restarted for about 2-3 days before I finally got a map I was happy with.
  • Peaches
  • Retail near beach/slope
  • Beach going left
  • Plaza next to train station
  • At least one sectioned area where I could decorate
  • A nice area where my home could have landscaping in front and the river behind

I'm going to start a new town with my second copy of the game after the holidays. I'm looking for:

• Re-Tail close to the train station (this is better for turnip selling)
  • Plaza not on the edge of the map (it's one of the things that really bothers me about Catopia)
  • Town Hall close to the train station (for convenience)
  • A short river
  • Vertical ramp leading to the beach and dock
  • Only one or two ponds
  • Peaches or apples as my native fruit

I hope I can make all of that happen, but I may have to give up on some of these if it takes too long to map reset.

Last edited:
The map I got for my restarted town, Wulas, is almost perfect, but I'm not picky enough to have kept going and resetting haha

I would have liked:
- A red town hall / train station (I ended up with green... Not my first choice, but I'm planning on remodeling both of those, so nbd)
- Cherries, apples, or peaches for my native fruit (I got cherries)
- Either square or circular grass patterns. I don't like the triangle grass haha (I got square)
- The town hall, retail, train station, and plaza all in the same area (They ended up being in my top left corner of the map, and I built my police station below the town hall, and the cafe below the police station! My plaza is to the right of the police station and cafe, just below retail. I like that they're all in the same area)
- A map that's fairly equal with dividing the northern and southern halves. I want enough space in the south to be able to put all 10 dream villagers (The northern half is a tiny bit bigger, but the southern half had enough space to make a residential area, as well as fitting my campsite. The northern half has plenty of space for a park, too!)
- One or two ponds (I got one, to the right of retail)
- East coast (sea along the right side of the screen, and I ended up getting this)

My ideal map is VERY picky XD
-As less ponds as possible. ESPECIALLy none in the middle of the front of retail XD
-Beach on the left and bottom, and no private beaches ;3
-South facing waterfall, cuts through the middle so no awkward narrow spaces up top
-Rock placement.
-No native pears
-Any grass pattern
-Central town plaza, Retail in the middle of the map
-No green or blue train station

I was lucky to get most of this in Flaketon, I spent over 8 hours resetting XD

Actually my current map is my most ideal for me. Right hand beach. Small private beach but long public beach accessed by both ramps for fishing. Interesting river. Train station, Town Hall, plaza and Re-Tail all near each other and in the north of the town. Triangle grass and cherries :)

Last edited:
tumblr_nzemx7qK8W1sp0igmo1_75sq.png
tumblr_nzemx7qK8W1sp0igmo2_75sq.png

Those are the river shapes that I look for the most. It doesn't matter if the river is flowing from the left or the right, if it's shaped like either of those I'll most likely stop and take a walk through town to see if I like it.

Ideally, once I've found a river that I like, I want:
- Re-Tail to be near the top on the opposite side of the train station
- The plaza to be lined up below town hall
- Apples
- Green roof on train station and/or town hall
- No villagers blocking bridge or beach access
- No villagers near the lower corner of the narrow part of the river because that's where I like to put my house
- As few rocks as possible and hopefully none where a path would go

My main town, Pemberly, is closest to my ideal. It's got pears instead of apples, and the train station used to be red or brown but it's been changed to the Zen style.
tumblr_inline_nrsf2rkX3t1qihn7h_500.png

Last edited:
Back