• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Xbox 360 or PS3 ?

TommySnow said:
Hey guys just an update :) Im mainly think towards the Xobx :) Mainly because ALOT of my friends have it and I don't really care about a DVD player :L Anyways........ I would like to know some good games! I like RPG and Flying games :) Also I like games like Oblivion!
Fable 3, Fallout New Vegas.

TommySnow said:
Hey guys just an update :) Im mainly think towards the Xobx :) Mainly because ALOT of my friends have it and I don't really care about a DVD player :L Anyways........ I would like to know some good games! I like RPG and Flying games :) Also I like games like Oblivion!
Mass Effect and Dragon Age are pretty good RPGs, atleast my bro's like 'em. But they're both rated M so..

MC Lars said:
Tom said:
I'd go with the PS3. I prefer it overall really.

- Blu-Ray Player
- Free Online
- Variety of Exclusives
-God of War
-inFamous
-LittleBigPlanet
-ModNation Racers
-Heavenly Sword
-Fat Princess
-MAG
-God of War
-Etc.
-Controller is Just Right (In my opinion, I don't see why you need a huge ass controller)
-Other reasons that I'm too tired to list right now

Xbox is alright I guess. I see no purpose in owning one, and mainly more negatives than positives pop up in my head when I think of one.
You know you only gave 3 reasons right? lol.
You sir have invoked the wrath of SPORGE!!!

How dare you dis infamous and Little Big Planet! Those are two well crafted games! inFamous a little mor generic true, but it is stilll a fine game, and it actually did weigh in on my choice to get a PS3 last year. Little Big Planet though is amazing! As far as games with replay value go here is a game with limitless potential! Couple it with the fact that not only can you make your own levels, but you can share your own levels on FREE online, and while online play other peoples inventions for FREE as well!

By the same regard I think modnations racers did pretty well, I haven't played myself though.

TommySnow said:
PS3 cheaper o_O Are you serious? If I get a Xbox I will only get a 4MB on or something like that..... Get a external hardrive later...... And thanks you for not spamming :p
Good luck with the 4Mb hope you don't plan on downloading Games tv shows or movies!

Also the ps3 is only Higher because it already comes with a Hard Drive and BluRay Player

And onlines free but i guess you pay for online when you buy the system :p

Well its up to you Man but if you go online with Playstation send me a message and i'll add you as a friend.

I really sounded like a Fanboy....My bad :(

MC Lars said:
Tom said:

- Blu-Ray Player
- Free Online
- Variety of Exclusives
-God of War
-inFamous
-LittleBigPlanet
-ModNation Racers
-Heavenly Sword
-Fat Princess
-MAG
-God of War
-Etc.
-Controller is Just Right (In my opinion, I don't see why you need a huge ass controller)

Xbox is alright I guess. I see no purpose in owning one, and mainly more negatives than positives pop up in my head when I think of one.
You realize it was 12 am and I really didn't give a damn to write more?

MC Lars said:
Tom said:

- Blu-Ray Player
- Free Online
- Variety of Exclusives
-God of War
-inFamous
-LittleBigPlanet
-ModNation Racers
-Heavenly Sword
-Fat Princess
-MAG
-God of War
-Etc.

You probably haven't even played more than 2 or 3 of those, if that.

Pear said:
//RUN.exe said:
Pear said:
//RUN.exe said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Halo, GoW? You're gonna say they're bad games?
2 good exclusive series (when really only halo 3, reach, and ODST and GoW 2 are exclusive)

WOW man i'm so totally convinced 360 is a worthwhile purchase just for spess mahreenz
There's only two good PS3 exclusives too, Uncharted, (Not exactly my cup of tea, but I see why some people like it) and LBP.
hahaha christ you're dumb.

//RUN.exe said:
Pear said:
//RUN.exe said:
Pear said:
2 good exclusive series (when really only halo 3, reach, and ODST and GoW 2 are exclusive)

WOW man i'm so totally convinced 360 is a worthwhile purchase just for spess mahreenz
There's only two good PS3 exclusives too, Uncharted, (Not exactly my cup of tea, but I see why some people like it) and LBP.
Aight then dude, name some others. And as someone else in the thread put it, try not to bring up all the JRPG DESU games.

Pear said:
//RUN.exe said:
Pear said:
//RUN.exe said:
Aight then dude, name some others. And as someone else in the thread put it, try not to bring up all the JRPG DESU games.
infamous
heavy rain
MAG
MGS4
bunch of other *censored.2.0* people have already listed

i can also name more 360 exclusives, mostly just pointing out what a weak argument "gearz n halo" was.

I support the top two he just listed.

Might I add Ratchet and clank, or the resistance games? Insomniac games is pretty much ps3 exclusive.

//RUN.exe said:
Pear said:
//RUN.exe said:
Pear said:
infamous
heavy rain
MAG
MGS4

i can also name more 360 exclusives, mostly just pointing out what a weak argument "gearz n halo" was.
I know, I was naming the top two most common. Things like Fable, Forza, L4D, Viva Pinata (That game's legit) etc.
There's very few single console games nowadays anyways, the vast majority of stuff is multi-platform.

Both systems have more than enough games to satisfy any genre by now. I don't think they hold much weight unless there are exclusive that you feel you have to play.

Pear said:
//RUN.exe said:
Pear said:
//RUN.exe said:
infamous
heavy rain
MAG
MGS4

I know, I was naming the top two most common. Things like Fable, Forza, L4D, Viva Pinata (That game's legit) etc.
There's very few single console games nowadays anyways, the vast majority of stuff is multi-platform.
viva pinata is on PC.

Pear said:
//RUN.exe said:
Pear said:
//RUN.exe said:
Halo, GoW? You're gonna say they're bad games?

Exclusives are down to opinion, so you can't rate a console on the opinions.

As you say you don't get UnCharted, some people (like me) don't get Halo.

Anyway, I think Sgt. Garrett hit the nail on the head, you have to ask yourself questions: how important does playing with your friends seem to you, which console has features that would be most useful to you etc.

Exclusives aren't down to opinion at all. It's fact. Uncharted's exclusivity to the PS3 doesn't change at all even if you don't get it. It only means one less sale for the developers.

-Aaron said:
Exclusives aren't down to opinion at all. It's fact. Uncharted's exclusivity to the PS3 doesn't change at all even if you don't get it. It only means one less sale for the developers.
You don't buy a system just because it has more exclusives than another.

Marcus said:
-Aaron said:
When you really can't decide, it sometimes comes down to the exclusives. Would you rather buy a system that has a lot of exclusives or a system that has a little of them? I'm sure you'd pick the one with the more exclusives, since you'll get a better variety of games to play.

-Aaron said:
Marcus said:
-Aaron said:
When you really can't decide, it sometimes comes down to the exclusives. Would you rather buy a system that has a lot of exclusives or a system that has a little of them? I'm sure you'd pick the one with the more exclusives, since you'll get a better variety of games to play.
Not if you knew you didn't like those exclusives/ knew you wouldn't buy them. :/

Back