Would you do this?

Would you time travel if you're bored?

• Yes, if I'm bored, I will.

Votes: 37 60.7%
  • No, I won't time travel no matter what.

Votes: 24 39.3%

• Total voters
I've found that I enjoy the game more when I DO time travel. So, to each their own.

The only town I don't TT in anymore is Noveon, and that's because it's almost complete, so I'm focusing more on Luneta and Pyrena. I choose to TT in Luneta and Pyrena because then I have no trouble getting my dream villagers the moment they appear in the marketplace, and the sooner I have all my dream villagers, the sooner I can start landscaping, which is what I have the most fun doing.

There's nothing wrong with TTing, and there's nothing wrong with playing the game in real-time either.

Last edited:
Yes I TT when I'm bored.

Which is the vast majority of the time. . .

I just want to play the game faster and enjoy it for the features it offers rather than getting bored and eventually ditching it from waiting.

It makes me feel self conscious when people judge others for TTing, because at the moment I probably do it more than anyone else here. :(

I time travel day by day when im finished with one day i go to the next or the game would be so boring being stuck in one day all day blah >.< but that's just me.

I time travel whenever I feel that I've done everything I could do in the current "day" or when I want to finish or get something quickly that requires waiting til the next day(s)

Wow man it's just a game no need to go crazy over TT everyone plays the way they want why judge if you TT like i said its only a video game just chill relax and play :)

Wow man it's just a game no need to go crazy over TT everyone plays the way they want why judge if you TT like i said its only a video game just chill relax and play :)
Yeah I can understand people being upset when it comes to hacking/duping and stuff but...TTing??? It's harmless and does nothing to ruin the gameplay, unless you do it wrong.

Yeah it's apart of the game if the game did not want u to TT they would not let u change the dates and times. but my main issue is why even care its only a game lol

It doesn't even have to be when I'm bored. If I'm done with what I need to do one day, but I still want to play, I'll TT to the next day. It's not a big deal.

I prefer playing one day at a time when I feel like it. Time travel just doesn't fit into my play style because I can't realistically use time travel to buy a ton of furniture because I don't have the money for it.

Time travel is more for if I wanted to experience holidays and stuff. I don't really care about holidays since they're more work than fun anymore.

Why are you so upset? No one in this thread was judging anyone else. It was a simple question: Do you time travel when you're bored? The OP didn't make any assumptions at all. Personally, I don't care if people time travel or not because it doesn't affect me or my game in any way. But, please, don't be rude just because it's something you don't agree with.
I don't understand why you're being so overly-dramatic over time traveling in a video game lmao and TTing doesn't usually bring bad things unless you do it wrong (literally everyone knows TTing a whole year in one go is a bad idea). No point at all in being rude and judgmental like this. Like Belle said, no one was even making judgments. OP asked a simple question.

I'm not trying to be rude at all, so sorry if you interpret it that way. I'm just trying to make a point and make people realise that the fact that almost everyone on the online Animal Crossing community time travels lately isn't 'the' way of playing. I don't think one should feel obligated to time travel in order not to be secluded.
I was not judging anyone in particular either; I'm just referring to the feeling the community gives me. And I know that my post seemed much more dramatic, but sometimes the words don't go the way I wanted them to be. :s I don't hate anyone for time traveling, I just think it should not be seen as ordinary since in the end, it is taking advantage of the settings in a way they are not supposed to be used.
My post was based mainly around my own experience and the feeling I'm given that I, as someone who doesn't time travel, am quite secluded from some parts of the community because I do not time travel unlike others.

I'm not trying to be rude at all, so sorry if you interpret it that way. I'm just trying to make a point and make people realise that the fact that almost everyone on the online Animal Crossing community time travels lately isn't 'the' way of playing. I don't think one should feel obligated to time travel in order not to be secluded.

There is no right or wrong way to play, though. People should do whatever makes them happy.

I usually never time travel , i don't do it because i want the game to keep exciting me , i don't want everything to happen in a couple hours..

I'll timetravel throughout the day, like to 5 pm so the items I ordered will be delivered. I always go back to the right time though.

Is it seriously hard to play the game without changing the clock all the time? That's messed up.

Taking into account people don't want to have to deal with ACNL's slow mo style, yes it is. Most of the game is nothing but one big case of "tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow", if not longer. From the time an animal says they r moving to when they move out, assuming u don't talk them out of it, is a total of six days. During that time, no one else can start the talking about moving out process. Then when a animal shows up could be the next day or multiple days. Camp site visitors are often times far and few between.

I TT when I have to and sometimes just to get things done quicker, so yeah I would!

Nah, I prefer to play in real time ^^; I TT'd a villager into boxes for someone once, and it felt really weird not being on the right day XD Although I have considered it, just to do stuff I missed out on... maybe someday :p

Back