Would you do this?

Would you time travel if you're bored?

• Yes, if I'm bored, I will.

Votes: 37 60.7%
  • No, I won't time travel no matter what.

Votes: 24 39.3%

• Total voters

RainCrossing

Bells
Hi! I am just curious to see if you would time travel to the next day if you are bored. I find it interesting to see if other people time travel like I do, because I sure would time travel if I'm bored, especially since Isabelle would suggest time dream suite tommorow :blush:

I time travel in small doses, but I generally like to play in real time. I don't want to lose Willow or Agnes, so I'm very careful. Usually I'll do it when someone wants to move out. I'll time travel to the day after they say they're leaving and then I go back, so they can be gone sooner.

ive seen other forums where plenty of folks speak up about not wanting to time travel. i seen othing wrong with opposing it- to each their own.

i time travel, but not from boredom, its to accomplish something. for example, to purchase items and have them delivered so i can make a trade with somebody; or to obtain gracie items i missed.

Animal Crossing is built around being a real-time game, in which a new real-life day means a new Animal Crossing day. That's the entire concept of the built-in clock. I have been playing City Folk for a long time, and because I wanted to see what happened, I sometimes time traveled forward a year or something like that. I wanted my grass to grow back, and I believe I hoped it would grow back, but overall I just did it to see what happened. As young as I was, I messed up a lot which led me to tears eventually. I hated what I did and the consequences: that I got my carnation letters already, that I received the letter to my future self (for which I asked my mother to set a date so I didn't know when I'd get it) and in the worst case that a villager I loved moved out. My villagers would ask why I'd been away for so long, my hair was messed up, weeds were everywhere and I felt horrible. I learned that time traveling is not meant to be the hard way, and have been scared of it since. I would not time travel so the next day would occur, since it simply won't make a difference: unless an event is on that day of course. But especially then I wouldn't, because I would look forward to the Saturday because of bug-offs and fishing tourneys.
What I'm trying to say is that I don't time travel (and don't see it as a way of playing, it's pretty much cheating with the ability to change the date you are given) and I have reasons for it; the entire idea of Animal Crossing goes away if you do so and it can only lead to bad things. There are simply no benefits to it, so I don't see why you would even want to.

What I hate about this community that everybody assumes that everyone time-travels just like them; when I were to announce one of my villagers was moving on a certain date, people would ask me to time travel to the villager's moving date or to 'hold him' for them. You time travel, alright. That's your choice. But don't assume everybody abuses the game like that.
Almost everybody here time travels, and 'challenges' are made up to play the game without time travel. Is it seriously hard to play the game without changing the clock all the time? That's messed up. But yeah anyway, I pretty much hate time traveling because of my bad experiences with it and because it'll only bring negative things to it. The only reason I would ever 'time travel' is because of daylight saving time. :rolleyes:

What I hate about this community that everybody assumes that everyone time-travels just like them; when I were to announce one of my villagers was moving on a certain date, people would ask me to time travel to the villager's moving date or to 'hold him' for them. You time travel, alright. That's your choice. But don't assume everybody abuses the game like that.
Almost everybody here time travels, and 'challenges' are made up to play the game without time travel. Is it seriously hard to play the game without changing the clock all the time? That's messed up. But yeah anyway, I pretty much hate time traveling because of my bad experiences with it and because it'll only bring negative things to it. The only reason I would ever 'time travel' is because of daylight saving time. :rolleyes:

Why are you so upset? No one in this thread was judging anyone else. It was a simple question: Do you time travel when you're bored? The OP didn't make any assumptions at all. Personally, I don't care if people time travel or not because it doesn't affect me or my game in any way. But, please, don't be rude just because it's something you don't agree with.

I TT in my cycle town because, well I'm cycling. :p

In Moga I usually don't TT. But I am right now because my dreamie is in boxes in my cycle town, I was holding her there because I accidentally let her go to boxes in my main town.

There are reasons to TT besides boredom. :p And I'm going through one of those reasons right now. Hehe.

No, I would never time travel if I was bored on a certain day. One of my favourite things about AC is the day-by-day experience, and I find that time traveling just ruins that. If I'm bored I just stop playing until the next day. Even when there is an in-game event coming up, I just like to savour the feeling of anticipation. :D

Animal Crossing is built around being a real-time game, in which a new real-life day means a new Animal Crossing day. That's the entire concept of the built-in clock. I have been playing City Folk for a long time, and because I wanted to see what happened, I sometimes time traveled forward a year or something like that. I wanted my grass to grow back, and I believe I hoped it would grow back, but overall I just did it to see what happened. As young as I was, I messed up a lot which led me to tears eventually. I hated what I did and the consequences: that I got my carnation letters already, that I received the letter to my future self (for which I asked my mother to set a date so I didn't know when I'd get it) and in the worst case that a villager I loved moved out. My villagers would ask why I'd been away for so long, my hair was messed up, weeds were everywhere and I felt horrible. I learned that time traveling is not meant to be the hard way, and have been scared of it since. I would not time travel so the next day would occur, since it simply won't make a difference: unless an event is on that day of course. But especially then I wouldn't, because I would look forward to the Saturday because of bug-offs and fishing tourneys.
What I'm trying to say is that I don't time travel (and don't see it as a way of playing, it's pretty much cheating with the ability to change the date you are given) and I have reasons for it; the entire idea of Animal Crossing goes away if you do so and it can only lead to bad things. There are simply no benefits to it, so I don't see why you would even want to.

I don't understand why you're being so overly-dramatic over time traveling in a video game lmao and TTing doesn't usually bring bad things unless you do it wrong (literally everyone knows TTing a whole year in one go is a bad idea). No point at all in being rude and judgmental like this. Like Belle said, no one was even making judgments. OP asked a simple question.

Last edited:
I enjoy the game much more when I don't time travel. Time travelling makes the game go by way too fast, and in a matter of a couple of weeks I feel like I've done everything there is to do in my town. The only exception is maybe for plot resetting, but I go straight back to the original date when I'm done anyways.

I used to, but I stopped TTing awhile ago, at least in the traditional sense. Sometimes though, when I don't have a chance to play at all, I'll set the clock back to the a.m. so I can still experience that day.

I've already finished everything I can think of in the game except completing my catalog and catching a certain crab.
Now I have no reason to time travel because all of my villagers are permanent. Boredom is inevitable but I just deal with it.

I only time travel if I need to but now after my last 2 pwps I will never time travel. I dont want to lose my dreamies and if I am done with the daily activities in acnl ill just stop playing for the day :p

Last edited:
I used to TT in my NL game, but it was in my early days of having it and I did it to get most of the Main Street shops.

Now, I don't do it, because I don't want to risk losing any of the five dreamies in my town or any flowers. Not even if I'm bored, because other video games exist.

I don't time travel at all as I would rather play in RT. I time traveled today but, only because I noticed my 3DS time was out of whack and saying it was 1:15 in the morning when it was in the afternoon. I changed my time to the right time and ended up going backwards (yay?). So I had to fix my AC time too. Besides the rare screw up, I don't ever TT. I'd just rather enjoy the game than feel the compulsive need to control it. D:

I love to time travel :) I do it every day. It is an intregal part of gameplay for me. And for the person who was so horribly upset and offended over it, find yo chill, mama. It's okay. We all play the game in our own way and as long as we are having fun, that's all that matters. It's a game, it's meant to be enjoyed as you see fit.

I TT in Mayglade, and I TT'd in Wild World (I think I set the year to 2016; it was 2013) but I never TT'd in my first New Leaf town.

Yes, I'll time travel.

If I have time to play AC, I want to enjoy it as best I can.

In Cocoplum, I am already in the year 2018 and I can tell you, the future is beautiful :) Taste the Rainbow!

i'll TT to get a villager out or if i didn't get a chance to play that day, but i generally play the game day by day because it's more fun for me that way but i don't judge people who TT like crazy, it's their game, not mine.

Back