• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Will you be buying the physical or digital release?

Physical, because I like to own things in real life and not just own a digital "you can play this" license that can potentially be taken away from me at any point somehow.

This for me as well! I always get scared I'll lose the game or something due to data loss. I like the physical copy.

I thought about getting the digital copy, but I've always had a physical copy of AC games, and like others have said, for ones I really love/want, I'd rather have something in hand than the digital version.

I have preordered my physical copy because of many of the reasons people have mentioned. I think it will be a little annoying though - my NL was digital and it was nice to have it always accessible and not having to change the game cart all the time.

I am also away on release day and I am so tempted to get a digital copy as well so I can start playing from midnight and not have to wait three days to play it. That it also excessive though so I probably won't do that.

I will be getting it digitally as a pre-order. I had bad experience with preordering games in stores (sorry, the last copies have just been given out for today) and from Amazon (delivery late and only after the Weekends or such). And there are not many stores in my area that do sell games, so I don't want to take the risk of hoping it is in stock once I am off work at the evening

Last edited:
i want it digital, its main reason I got a switch and I want it available to be played 24/7.

Physical. I don't agree with Nintendo's ecosystem. TBF though, my opinion comes from 3DS. I'm assuming it works the same way with Switch.

So I said I was buying the physical copy and it was too be delivered to my house. I am STILL getting the physical copy except now I am paying slightly more and I'll get the pre order bonuses AND I'll be collecting on release day because I am terrified it would not turn up on the day haha

I want to pre order the physical copy to get the preorder bonuses, but no doubt I'll just end up forgetting and then buying the digital release on the day :rolleyes:

I worry for my sleeping pattern ha! So I'm gonna ensure I've got the weekend off and the Monday so I've got 4 solid days :D

Probably digital because it will be a pain swapping the cart in and out for other games. It's better to have a digital copy of a game you play all the time so it's always available.

But I don't know what the physical copy preorder bonuses will be.

Probably digital because it will be a pain swapping the cart in and out for other games. It's better to have a digital copy of a game you play all the time so it's always available.

But I don't know what the physical copy preorder bonuses will be.

That is true. I’m so lazy that I just won’t play a game I want if I have to switch it out lol. I procrastinate even that.

That is true. I?m so lazy that I just won?t play a game I want if I have to switch it out lol. I procrastinate even that.

That's pretty bad =P But yeah I have too many other switch games that I need to play and I will feel like a bum if I slack on Ringfit! I'm afraid I'm gonna wear out that little rubbery hinge by switching out carts so much.

I am buying a physical copy. I like actually having something and the box art is cool. Also, I will get it on the day it comes out so might as well actually get something other than a code.

Digital for sure. I'll be playing in bed a lot and don't want to be fishing around for the cartridge at 7am, or at night when I'm already cozy.

Also the 4 giant Rubbermaid bins full of dvd's in my basement is a constant reminder to not hoard.

Physical. I don't agree with Nintendo's ecosystem. TBF though, my opinion comes from 3DS. I'm assuming it works the same way with Switch.

What is it that you're concerned about? I buy all my Switch games digitally, so I may be able to clear a few thing up for you.

due to my distance from a gamestop, i'm getting digital!
town for me is 30 minutes out, and i don't think i can get anyone to take me out there just for that. :'))

Back