• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Will you be buying the physical or digital release?

Speeny

Bells
New Horizons Token
November Birthstone (Topaz)
I've gone digital with most of my games. Plus, I guess this means I'll have it as soon as midnight hits. :lemon:

Physical, because I like to own things in real life and not just own a digital "you can play this" license that can potentially be taken away from me at any point somehow.

I plan on getting the digital version since I have an eShop gift card. :lemon:

My whole life since digital downloads on your console became a thing, I’ve been against them, most likely because if your console corrupts, you can’t get the digital downloads back.

I always buy games physically so I won’t have to fear it get lost for good and having to buy it again, and I like the original idea of buying it in stores and having a nice box to add on it.

Usually I buy physical copies of games, so I'll probably do that again this time. BUT - - if it looks like I can get the digital copy a day or two earlier, it's possible that I might choose that option.

i haven't even thought about it. i'll probably get it physically. games i like the most are physical because i don't want to risk something happening to the digital copy

I always buy physical copies when they're available, so that's what I'll be doing for AC Switch, as well.

I only buy digital copies if they are on sale and pretty cheap or there is no physical one available. Since I'm also collecting some video game franchises (like Zelda, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing) I kinda need the physical copy. :)

I like the idea of getting it digitally so that I can play it at midnight as soon as it drops

Physical. It makes it feel more special to me holding the actual game in my hands.

Physical. It makes it feel more special to me holding the actual game in my hands.

Exactly this. Plus it gives me something to stare at longingly when I'm stuck working on assignments

(Also, I really like your sig. Punchy is best boy)

Physical. I owned digital for Pok?mon Alpha Sapphire, and it took up so much space, so I don't want to go through that again.

I like to have my games physical so if it happens that I'll buy a Switch, I'd definitely like to have the Animal Crossing game as a physical copy too. :)

I'm honestly not sure. It's a title I might double-dip on. I almost always go for the physical copy, but with Animal Crossing, while I want a physical copy to hold, the ability to launch it any time without needing to swap out a cartridge, especially while traveling, is amazing.

Physical, when the original switch I had was sold and I got a new one later on all of my data was gone for every digitally downloaded game despite using the same account and being able to re-download them. If I get a sim card I may download it just in case the switch dies so I can switch them out but.... dont want to risk it lol

Digital, we don't do physical anymore because my boyfriend's gamecube collection takes up to much room in our small house x)

Probably gonna buy the physical copy of it, especially because of the game case.

Physical because I like to own the cases. But its gonna suck waiting until morning to get it while others will be playing at midnight unless Gamestop has a midnight release.

Back