• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Will you be buying the physical or digital release?

For the sake of celebration, I'll be buying the physical copy. You know, to look over in all its glory. I don't mind waiting a few days to actually play the game; since getting a Nintendo Switch, I've realised how much I don't trust myself, and the device, to buy a digital copy.

I'll probably be getting it at a later date unfortunately, but I prefer getting the physical over digital for many reasons; I'll have the game still if anything happens to my save or switch (please oh please cloud saves), it looks nice with all my other games, and it's easier to take necessary breaks when you can take the game out and put it away. Please remember to take breaks from your electronics and such. Stretch your wrist!

For the sake of celebration, I'll be buying the physical copy. You know, to look over in all its glory. I don't mind waiting a few days to actually play the game; since getting a Nintendo Switch, I've realised how much I don't trust myself, and the device, to buy a digital copy.

it's the same with me. I pre-ordered the physical copy so there was something I could hold.

I'm going mostly digital on my switch, and I want to always have AC with me. Can't beat the convenience of digital!

I will be getting a new Switch Lite Bundle with the pre-installed game (I am sure that it will be announced soon so don't let me down Nintendo) and a physical copy for my normal Switch. (My boyfriend and I need two consoles to play the game as we want anyway.) I will get the normal Switch for Animal Crossing since I love to play in TV mode, but will use the Lite for any other game and vice versa. :D

I buy all my games digital for three years or so. I will fet NH also digital. I can play at midnight and be ready as soon as it releases!

Physical. Digital purchases just don't do it for me, it's just not the same. I always like to hold the game in my hands; it feels like you're getting something for your money.

Physical here. My internet connection is so slow that it takes me nearly a day to download a game. I want to play asap.

I'm considering to ask for March 20th off at work just so I can go grab my copy as soon as the store opens and then run back home to play immefiately.

I bought my first copy of New Leaf as a digital copy right at midnight.
As some of the other people in this thread mentioned, there are some risks to doing that,
so as of right now I am planning on getting the physical copy.

But I still want to be playing this game the day it comes out,
so I guess that means pre-ordering (if i ever remember to actually sit down and do that.)

Physical here. My internet connection is so slow that it takes me nearly a day to download a game. I want to play asap.

I'm considering to ask for March 20th off at work just so I can go grab my copy as soon as the store opens and then run back home to play immefiately.

Do shops in your area do night before releases? Gamestops around me can sell the game at 9pm the night before.

I know I said I'd be getting a digital copy, as that's my preference, but I'll actually be getting the physical copy-I preordered it from Best Buy because I'll be having to go to bed night of release for classes, so...

I generally prefer physical whenever possible, unless I have spare money sitting in the eShop or a points card to use, so I'm going physical for Animal Crossing New Horizons. Pre-ordered already, can't wait for March. :)

Physical. Even though I'd love to be able to play right at midnight as I've booked the weekend off, I have every AC game in physical copy including Dobutsu no Mori for N64 and e+ for Gamecube. It's just one of those collections I can't break now. :p

Update: Pre-ordered the physical copy! And, just to note for some who are concerned about not playing it on the launch date: some retailers will have delivery options such as express delivery, whereby you'll have the game delivered on the date of launch (for a small cost, of course - which is still better than waiting a day). :rolleyes:

I prefer having physical copies of games both for collecting purposes and convenience. I tried going digital on my first 3DS and regreted the choice once it inevitably broke and I realized sending it in for repair was a lot more expensive and risky than just buying a new 3DS.
I don't fancy putting all my eggs into one basket and then losing that basket in just a flash.

Animal Crossing is a nice game for digital...but I'm getting the physical version for $35, so went that route.

Back