• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Why won't my character tan?

Ouri

Bells
Hi everyone! So i've been trying to get my villager to the darkest tan shade possible, and so far i'm still at the palest shade :( what i've been doing is staying at the island during the daytime (usually from 10a-6pm) but after one day of tanning for 5+ hours I appear to be the same shade. I know that you can't see your tan until the next day, but does it take multiple days in order to get a noticeable tan? Do I have to repeat this process for a number of days until I get to the shade I want or am I doing something wrong?

It takes approximately 7 days straight on the island to tan. Just stick with it and you will tan.

It takes approximately 7 days straight on the island to tan. Just stick with it and you will tan.
this is what i wanted to know, thanks! Will I still tan if I time travel each day inorder to get the tan? (Like after tanning 5 hours for a day, then time traveling the next, tanning for another 5hours and so forth)

Yes, I've done that and have tanned. Just be consistent and go each day. If you miss a day, you will go down one shade!

Back