• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Switch Lite Help

Dunquixote

I am Furrdinand von Aegir!
Ha-Cha!
Bells
Red Pikmin Easter Egg
Froggy Easter Egg
Yellow Crescent Moon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Shadow Kitty Plush
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Red Super Star Trophy
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
My switch lite stopped charging; it was at 20% when I turned it off. I’ll be getting a new switch soon but I don’t think 20% is enough battery life to transfer all my data unless the process is quick. I haven’t downloaded the app yet that transfers my island data yet either. Does anyone know if there is anywhere that can fix switch lites or at least help me charge it until I get my data transferred? I’m not sure if it is the charger or console or both. so i could wait until i get the switch and try charging it then (if the charger is compatible with the switch lite). The charger for over a year has been falling out when I move slightly and it is plugged in, but it still charged. Now it has stopped completely charging.

So the chargers for the Nintendo Switch and Switch lite are compatible! But... If you have a USB-C you could maybe test to see if it's the console or the actual charger? Although I do believe Nintendo does not recommend it-I charge my switch with my phone charger at times and I haven't had an issue so far.
My sister's switch lite has a port problem and sent it to Nintendo- but... her island got erased cause she didn't back it up. And also the repair cost was over $100 dollars , if I remember correctly.
I don't believe the data transfer will take too long but I'm not sure if you need to charge your device to actually start the process....? I can't remember..

So the chargers for the Nintendo Switch and Switch lite are compatible! But... If you have a USB-C you could maybe test to see if it's the console or the actual charger? Although I do believe Nintendo does not recommend it-I charge my switch with my phone charger at times and I haven't had an issue so far.
My sister's switch lite has a port problem and sent it to Nintendo- but... her island got erased cause she didn't back it up. And also the repair cost was over $100 dollars , if I remember correctly.
I don't believe the data transfer will take too long but I'm not sure if you need to charge your device to actually start the process....? I can't remember..

I just transferred save data from my old Switch to my new ACNH one not too long ago, and you do indeed need to have your Switch charged in order to complete the transfer process.

EDIT: I think it depends on how you go about it, but at least when I was transferring my data if it wasn't charged I'd get a screen saying "you need to have your device plugged in" or something along those lines.

I just transferred save data from my old Switch to my new ACNH one not too long ago, and you do indeed need to have your Switch charged in order to complete the transfer process.

EDIT: I think it depends on how you go about it, but at least when I was transferring my data if it wasn't charged I'd get a screen saying "you need to have your device plugged in" or something along those lines.
yeaaahh, i remember something vaguely like that too! although i do remember from experience.. if you unplug your device after that initial screen it will continue with the transfer!

Last edited:
yeaaahh, i remember something vaguely like that too- although if you unplug your device after that initial screen it will continue with the transfer

Ah, now that is something I did not know. I left mine plugged in cause I was really afraid the transfer would fail if I unplugged it, LOL!

Ah, now that is something I did not know. I left mine plugged in cause I was really afraid the transfer would fail if I unplugged it, LOL!
hahah, my memory is spotty but it's coming back to me.. i do remember being worried about that since i only had one charger and had to transfer one system to the other
i believe i was also worried about that too but it went well!

Thanks so much for replying and for sharing this! 🙂 I don’t have any usb-c chargers so I’ll have to wait until my switch comes tomorrow to try. If it doesn’t, I may have to contact Nintendo, though Idk how they can help me with this. Too bad Best Buy only offers support that is under their geek squad warranty unless that has changed recently.

Thanks so much for letting me know too! 🙂 That’s good to know!

Back