• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Trapped in Dream Addresses

TheThomas5252

Bells
Switch
5366-8954-2399
So I've been visiting a lot of dream towns to try to complete the dream badge before the online shuts down, and while doing so I came across a couple towns where I was trapped and forced to turn my 2DS off. One of them was named Cooltown and I couldn't get back on the bed because a fountain blocked it, I didn't get the dream address for it though. The other was one where the screen was glitching out and I somehow ended up on the train track and couldn't get down, and I couldn't get back on the bed because it was teetering off the train track. I didn't get the name or dream address for this one, but I really hate when players do this to people, especially while trying to visit as many dream towns as possible for a badge. I didn't even know these players existed until recently, has anyone else encountered these dreams or similar ones that forced you to turn the system off?

I haven't been to dream towns in years so I haven't. However, I believe I remember hearing that if you come across one that has the entrance to main street unblocked, you should stay away from there. I don't remember why. Perhaps because there are ways to save game progress over there...? (Digby and the post office)

I haven't been to dream towns in years so I haven't. However, I believe I remember hearing that if you come across one that has the entrance to main street unblocked, you should stay away from there. I don't remember why. Perhaps because there are ways to save game progress over there...? (Digby and the post office)
@TheThomas5252 I'm really sad to hear your experience, also I can confirm what Seastar said.
I discovered this by chance and I was terrified, basically when you start a dream your town is momentarily replaced with that of the other player, but without actually "saving". If you manage to access the main street the game will think that the dream is actually an authentic town and superimposes the dream town on your original one, so you can no longer access yours! A real nightmare. Since I learned about all these problems with dreams, I no longer use the random search for Luna but only dream with dream addresses of people who share it

Does anyone know if you can still get the dream badges by dreaming of the same few towns over and over?

Back