• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Why won't my character tan?

Ouri

Bells
Hi everyone! So i've been trying to get my villager to the darkest tan shade possible, and so far i'm still at the palest shade :( what i've been doing is staying at the island during the daytime (usually from 10a-6pm) but after one day of tanning for 5+ hours I appear to be the same shade. I know that you can't see your tan until the next day, but does it take multiple days in order to get a noticeable tan? Do I have to repeat this process for a number of days until I get to the shade I want or am I doing something wrong?

yeah I go pretty much naked without any hats and a sleeveless shirt/ shorts

It takes approximately 7 days straight on the island to tan. Just stick with it and you will tan.

It takes approximately 7 days straight on the island to tan. Just stick with it and you will tan.
this is what i wanted to know, thanks! Will I still tan if I time travel each day inorder to get the tan? (Like after tanning 5 hours for a day, then time traveling the next, tanning for another 5hours and so forth)

Yes, I've done that and have tanned. Just be consistent and go each day. If you miss a day, you will go down one shade!

Back