• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why Did You Pick Certain Villagers? What About Them Makes You Love Them?

Rex of Elysium

Bells
The title says it all, why did you pick the 10 Villagers you want/have?

For me I have reasons that extend beyond 'they are cute'.

Males:

Hopper - Cranky Penguin
Hopper was one of the first Animal Crossing villagers I ever had. He has been with me since the Gamecube, and I love the penguin villagers. Not only that, but I feel the Cranky villagers are some of the most fun. Just the idea of a grumpy old penguin makes me happy, and Hopper delivers on having a fun villager, with a very appealing design. Those bright red eyes are really awesome, and try to tell me that those eyebrows are not the most majestic thing you have ever seen!

Hans - Smug Yeti/Gorilla
I love cryptids, with the Yeti being my favorite. Hans' color pallet is really nice, and his model looks great. Don't like how they changed his shirt between games, but that's easily fixable with gifting him his original shirt. Also, much like Hopper, I have a history with this character. When I was playing New Leaf for the first time, I had someone move out. I was surprised to see a plot down only a few days later, and when I checked the name, I saw the plot belonged to Hans. I had no idea who he was, and was kind of disappointed it wasn't someone I knew. However, my attitude changed the very next day when I met him. I thought he would be some lame species like a squirrel, but instead I got a big strong yeti! I immediately took a liking to him, and over the next few days quickly became one of my favorite villagers I ever had. I was saddened when he moved away without telling me. When my parents got me the card for him in my Easter Basket along with my other favorite male villagers, I was so excited. I quickly moved them in. Sure I have lost that island, but my current island will soon be moving him in.

Rory - Jock Lion
My favorite species and my least favorite male personality. I feel Rory is a villager that is overlooked, but I feel he is the best Jock in the game. His house looks like a beach, and it's honestly very appealing. His red and orange colors look nice, and with his moustache helps give him a little extra flavor to the design.

Chester - Lazy Panda
I love pandas. They are such cool animals. And Chester is just so precious. I love how he is named after a Chess set, since he is black and white like the board and pieces.

Ken - Smug Chicken
For my extra male, I has many choices, but went with Ken since I like the Chicken model, and he's a ninja.

Females:

Cherry - Tomboy Dog
I love the Tomboy villagers. I don't see why people dont like them as much as the other female personalities, when they clearly have cooler designs and attitude than the other 'girly' personalities. Cherry was the very first move in I got in New Leaf, and loved every moment of having her. So I am so hyped to have her again.

Marina - Normal Octopus
While my least favorite of the 3 Octopi, I still like Marina a lot. I needed an extra female, and had all my males picked out. I really wanted an Octopus, so I picked Marina.

Skye - Normal Wolf
Funny story. I posted about wanting Skye on the 'Looking for' thread on the New Neighbor Network, and just decided to use my free ticket from the renovation of Residential Services. So, I went out to get some supplies, when Skye just showed up on the island. So I invited her, since she is a very nice design.

Ankha - Snooty Cat
One of my starting villagers in New Leaf, and my favorite overall female villager. While Tomboy is my favorite personality in the game, Ankha is my favorite female. I love mythology, and the Egyptian motif is very appealing.

Audie -Peppy Fox
Normally I don't like repeat species, unless it's something like a set, like Cece and Viche or Francine and Chrissy. But I feel Audie, while using the wolf model, is designed to be a fox. I love these villagers a lot, and needed a Peppy, my least favorite personality in the game (Aside from Audie, Tammi, and Apple, there are no to her ones I like that I can think of off the top of my head). I love Audie's design as she is so cute, and honestly, really complements Skye's colors. Sky has the colors of the day time, while Audie has sunset colors.

Bill - One of the starters! I didn't know if I was going to keep him or not but I decided to in the end. He's an old friend from past games.
Zucker - He's so nice and I love food-themed villagers!
Fauna - One of my favorites, the plain design is actually really cool imo, she's one of my favorites.
Bruce - Bruce is just awesome, I really love deer in general and when I saw him on an island I had to get him.
Blanche - I was sick of using Nook Miles to look for a good snooty villager, but she has grown on me.
Mira - She was picked as a placeholder after I got rid of Cherry.
Chadder - Once again, I love food themed villagers.
Rocket - No one chooses Rocket, Rocket chooses you :( Random move in.
Carmen - Chosen on a whim.
Cyrano - Also chosen on a whim.

Hans was in my campsite just the other day!
Well I only have three dreamies so far: Julian, Ankha and Lucky. Ankha is top tier, her personality and look is my all time favorite. And of course if you have Ankha you have to have Lucky! They live close together, Lucky is a lazy sweetheart<3 his house house is my favorite to enter along with Julian’s. Julian is magical. I’m wanting Olivia and Kitty because if their personalities. Walt because he’s a tough manly roo. Naomi and Vesta would be the last on my list. I recently found Dom and Wendy and are starting to really like them!

Ruby: because she's a moon rabbit....need I say more? 🛸🌙
Genji: he's a japanese rabbit, with a cool design and a cool house :sneaky:
Coco: she's unique looking .....and she's also a rabbit. 🐰
Raymond: not my favorite amongst my villagers, but I love his color scheme and design generally. 🐱🕶
Ankha: amazing design, great house interior, an egyptian queen 👑
Marshal: dangerously cute, love his angry face :love:
Tasha: basically the female version of marshal, unique design, looks like a skunk, has one of the best houses in this game, very underrated and is the picture of cool 💖
Wolfgang: can't decide between him and Fang, both are my favorite crankies in the game 🐺
Stitches: I mean, he's a stuffed animal? very cute and aesthetically pleasing design 🍩🦟
Diana: A graceful, fashionable deer, with a great pastel color scheme...I mean, she's Diana. 👠💄

Melba - Found her on one of my first islands, and instantly loved her.
Tangy - Same as Melba.
Octavian - Ran into him while villager hunting, and couldn't say no.
Marshal - Same as Octavian.
Apple - I was looking for a jock villager since I didn't have one at the time. I ran into her, and kind of had to invite her because she was my mom's favorite villager.
Agnes - Turned her down twice and wasn't happy about it. Marcie moved in unannounced and made me angry, so I thought it's time to kick her out and get Agnes.

I didn't choose Anabelle, Judy, Antonio, or Cranston. Most were chosen by my mom except Judy, who moved in randomly.

Billy - my jock starter. Didn't pick him (or any of my starters). I keep him because he's cute, hilarious, kinda dim-witted, and he zooms around. Love him.

Ursala - my uchi starter. She's cool, made a good early impression on me. Espera wouldn't feel right without her.

Clay - my lazy starter. While I'm not that attached to him, the other villagers are, so much that I feel bound to keep him. He's been Billy's neighbor and best buddy this whole time. Roscoe also appears to be taking a shine to him. (Also it's his birthday today!!)

Sprinkle - my peppy starter. I'm happy to make do with her starter house, and I actually think it looks pretty nice the way I've got it. She's cute, round, full of personality, and she's all the peppy I need. Also zooms around.

Rodney - Lionel was my forced smug, and once I finally got rid of that nuisance I set out to find another smug and thought, "Y'know, I had Rodney in NL and he wasn't so bad. Why do people hate him with a passion now?" That quickly turned into a strong desire for Rodney. I got him. He has lived a luxurious life on Espera since. I'm sure I don't need to explain further.

Melba - longtime favorite villager of mine across multiple AC games. The only villager I have an amiibo of.

Savannah - a friend of mine I play NH with also loves her. As far as normals go she deserves more popularity. I've always thought she was cool. I don't know if I'll keep her forever, but I certainly don't mind her.

Bill - found him on a mystery island without looking for anyone in particular. Thought he was okay. I'd prefer a duck like Joey or Drake over him, but he's not bad and he fits surprisingly well into my bamboo/zen area.

Roscoe - a carefully chosen villager meant to represent a buddy of mine (read: would-be boyfriend if we weren't half a world apart rn with no idea where our futures are headed). Said buddy of mine is not the type to play games like AC, but Roscoe's edgy yet refined taste reminds me of his.

Purrl - a snooty villager I kinda just settled on after having lots of snooties and not really clicking with any of them. She's okay. I think I just don't care for any of the snooties. Astrid was probably my favorite out of them all, but her theme just doesn't fit the island.

Last edited:
I wanted an all-bear-cub town. I also wanted every personality, but there are no smug bear cubs. :cry: I amiibo'd a smug into town just until both my husband's and my character had the final smug reaction (showmanship) & I'm pretty sure we have all the smug DIY's. Then we booted him.

Normal - June & Pekoe
Peppy - Cheri & Blue Bear
Uchi - Tammy
Snooty - Judy
Lazy - Stitches & Pudge
Cranky - Vladimir
Jock - Poncho

In New Leaf I have an all-dog town & an all-pig town. I just like single species towns. :giggle:

Alfonso- For me, he's a must have in every game. He's my favourite villager. I love his design and the fact that his catchphrase is 'itsa me!'.
Julian- Another one of my favourites. He's a unicorn so what's not to love? His house also wins the game. It's hands down the best. I also love the smugs personality.
Wolfgang- Best wolf. He fits the cranky personality so well. He's a great villager and kind of like a grandpa :3
Zucker- Never really thought much of Zucker until I found him on an island hop ages ago. Moved him in and fell in love pretty fast. I love the food themed villagers.
Marshal- Everybody's favourite smug boy. I never really took a liking to him before New Horizons. Didn't really see the hype. But after moving him in from an island hop, I could see why people adore him so much. He's got such a cute design and I love his little grumpy face. He fits in so well with my island too.

Marina- She's not going to be around for much longer, but I found her on an island hop and couldn't say no. She is such a cutie and I liked the idea of having her and Zucker living next to each other. I also love how overly pink her house is. 😂
Melba- Such a baby. Had being wanting her right from the start. I always wanted her in New Leaf. She is such a sweetheart and I love her house interior.
Goldie- Oof. Goldie had being on my list of villagers to have for a while. She moved in a couple of days ago. I can't really say much about her yet, because she hasn't even being on my island for a week, but so far I really like her.
Lily- Best froggo. Best froggo house. I know everyone loves her, but how could you not? I think she's a good fit with my fairycore island. I moved her onto the beach, she's living her best life.
Diana- My queen. She's another favourite. I had her in my second New Leaf town and I was obsessed with her. She got some upgrades in New Horizons and I love everything about her, her design and her house. She's never leaving my island. xD

Okay, most of my wanted villagers are for my theme (cursed forest) but I at least like them all. However, most of them would mostly equate to “(s)he’s a deer, so (s)he fits the theme”, so I’ll just go over the ones that got me to that decision:

Diana: She’s an AMAZING snooty. She’s not at all stuck up. She almost seems to prefer being out in nature! She definitely doesn’t mind my character being a feral forest child lol.

Deirdre: She was my starting sisterly. At first, I was just keeping her as a stepping stone to Burger Sheep (second best sisterly now) but she slowly but surely won me over. I let her go temporarily but only to get her true house back!

Erik: The ONLY deer I got in my years of playing NL. He’s cute and simplistic, and I love him for that. He also works really well in the prince tunic!

Don’t get me wrong; I LOVE the rest of the deer (Zell’s a cool hedge fund manager, Beau and Fauna are just so sweet looking, I was seriously considering Bam as a starting jock, Lopez has an awesome house, Bruce just emits kingly energy, and Fuchsia, while she’s my least favorite of the deer, is one of the better sisterlies overall) but the three listed above were the reason I went from general woodland to mono-deer.

Punchy - my BFF from NL. I could NOT have an island without Punchy since I had the most fond memories in Nl with him; of course, I wish that I found him without using his amiibo card. I just love that sassy expression and in NH, his overal expressions are just great — especially when he widens his eyes open in bewilderment.

Kiki - Punchy’s gf — WIP. I have been shipping them since I did a HHD where I used both of them to pose in a house that I decorated for Punchy. I had adopted her in NL and grew to love her as much as Punchy. I love her eyes, color and her squished nose. Her dialogue in NH is cute; she reminds me of myself or at least her anxiety does to a degree.

Rudy - one of my starters. I did not expect him as much as I do now. Because of that, I ended up gifting him random items because i decided i regretted that and wanted his original house. After reinviting him, I gave him a viking helmet to go with his viking outfit and he put it on display so I had to boot him and reinvite him again. Never again, will I let him leave. He has helped me appreciate jocks more (since I disliked them before just because I didn’t like Hamlet mostly since he wouldn’t move) even though I still hate the sweat and muscle talk. Rudy’s expressions are just as cute and priceless as Punchy’s; maybe even more. He is so funny when he is mad stomping around with an umbrella or pop can in hand too; it looks like he’s flailing around lol. I feel bad for feeling this way. I used to be iffy about his rudolph design but now i think it is kinda clever and creative :).

Ankha - don’t have her yet but I have loved her since NL and her theme (not her house. I think her house could have more thought put into it). I don’t like villagers with excessive makeup but I absolutely love Ankha (her eyeliner seems minimal to me anyways). I love Egyptian/Middle Eastern culture — i love any cultural/historical references tbh, but especially Middle Eastern or Egyptian. And she’s a cat 🥰. I didn’t like snooties much but I think I loved her right away.

Marshal - don’t have him yet but had him in NL. I didn’t have interest in him right away and I didn’t like smugs thanks to Keaton who was the only other one I had, but once I saw he looked like a different personality from what he actually had, I knew I’d like him. Also, those cheeks and tail are so irresistable. 🥰 Seriously, the cutest squirrel ever even though I love most of the squirrels. I want him on my island because I really adore him and miss him; if I find Lolly before him though, there is a chance I keep her instead since I’ve never had her but want her since I love her design and one of my late cats was a gray tabby.

Raymond - I never cared about popularity and while I was aware he was popular, I was interested in him initially only because he was a cat and at the time none of the other new villagers interested me. Later it was also his design; i love how grumpy he looks when he is actually a smug. That toothy grin of his melted my heart when I went to ask him to move in from a friend i made who sold me him when a potential trade fell through. 🥰

Rosie & Merry: Rosie was higher on my priority list in getting, but I found Merry first one of my earliest island hops. I accidentally let Rosie move in NL and never was able to get her back; I know I met Merry and replaced Rosie with her. I think now in NH, I am equally fond of both of them and their designs. I love Merry’s hair, eyes, color and smile. Rosie’s color I liked better and I thougt her eyes were derpy but in a cute way ^.^

Roscoe - has been my favorite cranky since NL; he was one of my newer discoveries back then. I loved how his eyes turn yellow when he’s mad. However, I really don’t like him having the music hobby since the cranky singing voice does not match him (in my opinion). He goes well with my town but I might consider replacing him.

Sherb - I don’t like the goat villagers but he grew on me thanks to some sherb fans posting cute screenshots or pictures of him. he looks adorable in a sleeping cap (well they all do) and his color is so cute. I have been debating though whether or not replace him with Dom if I find him again since I really do like Dom’s expressions better and found I talked to him more. I like them almost equally though >< i wish i could have them both. I really don’t like his interior, though it isn’t the worst one out there and isn’t bad.

lolly: lolly was one of my absolute favourites in nl. when she moved in, she plopped her house right next to mine, ensuring that she would be the first thing i saw whenever i booted up the game aha. i haven’t had her in nh, yet, but i adored her in nl and i still adore her now and can’t wait to have her again c’:

skye: she was my first ever camper in nl and so i think i’m a bit sentimental when it comes to her aha. but other than that, she’s absolutely gorgeous and is my favourite wolf villager and i just,, really love her a lot aha. there was a period of time where i considered not having her as i felt i wasn’t as attached to her as i had been during my nl phase. however, when i ran into her while island hopping, i realized that that was cap and that i still love her dearly and so, i invited her. i’ve had her for a bit now and i’m definitely questioning myself for ever thinking about not having her; she’s genuinely so beautiful and i’m obsessed with her,,

margie: when originally thinking about who i would want on my island, margie wasn’t a name that came up. before, she wasn’t a villager that i ever really thought about and i didn’t really care for her. however, during the nh nintendo direct back in february, they showed a clip with her in it and suddenly i was staring at the screen like 😍. i’m not too sure what it is but she just looked so pretty and i decided that she would be one of my dreamies. i’ve had her for a few months now and i love her even more now than i did back in february!

audie: this one was also,, a lil bit unexpected. when art of the new villagers leaked, initially, sherb was the one i was drawn to. however, when a better photo of audie started circling around, i immediately fell in love with her; i loved her design so, so much and i adored her name and the meaning behind it. for the first while after the game released, she was the one dream villager that i was desperate for and so, imagine my surprise when i booted my game up one morning and she was just chillin’ in my campsite. i genuinely just stared at her like 👁👄👁 for a bit lmao

sprinkle: there’s not really any reason for this one other than i think she’s the absolute sweetest and is so, so adorable c’:

diana: the snooty villagers don’t really appeal to me visually but diana is one of my favourites; i’m absolutely obsessed with deers, irl and in-game, and i love diana dearly. she’s so gorgeous + i’ve heard that she has a nice interior and so i’m very eager to have her at some point!

beau: in nl, beau was my #1 favourite villager. i mean, i was already obsessed with him before the game even came out in NA aha. i still remember when he moved out because i hadn’t been playing and i was literally devastated. but now, i thought i got over him a bit as despite me initially planning to have him as my lazy this time around, too, i ran into a different lazy villager that i thought i liked more,, until i ran into beau while island hopping lmao. i had to kick out my cranky villager to make room for both of my permanent lazies but i mean,, it was definitely worth it and i still love beau with all my heart :’)

zucker: this one took me by surprise. i honestly,, have never cared about zucker lmaoo; i never disliked him but i just didn’t really care for him, if that makes sense. so, when i ran into him while island hopping, i invited him as i knew that he was sought after and i could make a bit of bank once he moved out but then,, i got attached smh. i don’t really know what it is about him but he’s the kindest and is just,, a big ol’ baby and i love him aha

kid cat: kid cat was one of my starters and while i wasn’t planning on him, initially, i grew attached to him pretty quickly, too, and i’ve had him ever since aha. he’s adorable but i have considered letting him move out a few times; he’s adorable but his dialogue is a bit annoying and i’m not really into the constant talks about fitness and his muscles. still, i love him despite the dialogue and i don’t have any plans to get rid of him anytime soon ;w;

i left out uchi as i’m not sure of who i want, yet >_<

Last edited:
I don't have ten favorites, still hunting around for the permanent residents. I'll list the favorites, and potentials.

Peewee: met him in acnl and I liked his design. I like that gorillas will moon the world. He's a good cranky.
Tiffany: also met her in acnl, and thought she was cool. I like her make-up and her fishnets.
Reneigh: didn't think she'd become a permanent resident but I like her look. She's cool and edgy. Plus she owns a juice stand near her house, lol.

As for potentials
Rory: usually never went for lions but I like his face and his design. I also really like jock personalities.
Cole: I like his face as he's sort of intimidating but still goofy.

Then I'm thinking Rod might be a good match for my island. I'd also like to try Coco.
Honestly, I'm looking for villagers that can survive on a murder pirate island. 😌

I chose my villagers around my theme (forest/woodlands/country village) so went with species that you would find in those places (deers, wolves, squirrel, etc). Having a diverse roster of personalities was also important (although I still don’t have a sisterly).

Stella - my first normal found on a mystery island. I had no idea you didn’t have to invite every villager you met on mystery islands when I first started playing lol. Luckily Stella is fabulous and I fell in love with her immediately.

Chief - my first cranky. Same as Stella, I just took him without thinking! I love the wolf design and am so happy he’s on my island (and NEVER leaving).

Diana - Best snooty in the game imo. She’s classy, elegant and brings a sense of sophistication to my island. I bought her off someone on here.

Fauna - I love deers and think she’s one of the more natural looking villagers in the game. I bought her off someone on here.

Wolfgang - I wanted him because he’s one of the “coolest” looking villagers and wanted Chief to have a “friend” lol. Again, he was bought off here.

Marshal - The only smug that fitted my theme and that I was interested in tbh. I totally understand why he’s the most popular villager in the game. Bought him off here, again.

Sherb - Wasn’t looking for him specifically but he was on my list of villagers to consider when I went island hopping. Got him on my 21st NMT and am so glad I took him home. Don’t know whether he’ll be my permanent lazy as I have Beau and Punchy’s amiibos, and would love to eventually get Erik.

Kiki - my dreamy since I started playing NH! Finally got her amiibo card a few months ago and was able to invite her. Love seeing her walking around my island everyday 💖

Bam - I was gifted him from a user on here. I’m not a huge fan of the jock personality but I have fallen head over heels for him! Will probably end up being my permanent jock.

Rosie - I had just kicked out my former resident peppy Bunnie and it was a twist of fate that Rosie was a random campsite villager only a few days later! I love her design and her personality suits her perfectly!

Males

Ken: He's a dark ninja chicken and he goes very well with my island's theme

Rolf: He's a white tiger and he goes with my island's theme

Stitches: He's a lazy teddy bear brought to life

Clay: He's a lazy dogu statue brought to life that thinks he's a hamster

Lucky: He goes great with my Halloween town at the moment

Zucker: He goes great with my pseudo-Japanese town

Erik: I'm keeping him around until after Christmas but I love his moose design

Julian: He's a smug unicorn who is fabulous for my island plus I love mythical creatures

Females

Phoebe: I love her phoenix design and it goes great with my island's theme

Coco: She goes great with Halloween because of her creepiness

I’m just here to say that I’m so happy to see another Rory fan! He was never a dreamie however he was a starter & grew on me. He lives on my island ever since! I think he looks just cute/ kinda derpy. And you don’t see him a lot on other islands so his face is kinda refreshing. I agree that he’s underrated. He’s the best lion!

Apollo- Had him since the Wii and I will never not have a town with him. I love grumpy villagers since they seem to connect the most with me. We hated each other and now we are best friends, that's the best part about him!
Sherb- Was one of my first three island hopping villagers, really cute when I got him but since he just grew. He has his more foresty themed house as a starter and just has a fun vibe that he loves the outdoors to me. Also, he enjoys cute clothes so I love to get us matching outfits
Tex- No, awful, just need to swap him with my Diana amiibo.
Cookie- Always had my eye on her but again as a starter house, she has this vibe of a homegrown star, I love feeling like am building her up.
Genji- Overwatch Genji influenced me, but I needed a cool jock and he just fills in space I didn't know I needed.
Reneigh- A punk rock queen, we love a hipster and I love how active she is on the island. She's the resident airplane runner and I couldn't love her anymore.
Grizzly- Another Wii boy that can't let go of, we were neighbors back then, hated each other but slowly we are warming up to each other. Not as big of a fan on the switch since he's more farmboy fisherman grumpy than the straight angry old man.
Sylvana- I fell in love when island hopping but I passed on her once, a friend gave her to me and I have been struggling a little. She's very reclusive and I barely get chances to interact with her, unfortunately.
Marina- a cutie pie I had on the 3DS and my partner got them, they thought I would love her because shes pink and what do you know, I do love her as much as before!
Raymond- I just got him recently while island hopping and I really enjoy his presence honestly. I haven't talked to him much nor given him anything, I am kinda afraid to ruin him, and then everyone will be mad at me :(

Goose - starter villager; grew attached.
Katt - starter villager; grew attached.
Sherb - first lazy I came across and he was new in ACNH so I took him.
Wolfgang - first cranky I came across. I was hoping for Lobo and thought, "eh, close enough."
Julian - I'd wanted him during ACNL days and never had the chance to get him. When another staff member said he was leaving I asked if I could take him.
Raddle - I'm a scientist, so naturally he appealed to me.
Whitney - she was in my campsite and I was in need of a snooty.
Fuchsia - I like her style. I think she pairs nicely with Katt too. They're totally BFFs.
Papi - he was in my campsite, had a cute design, and I hadn't had a new villager in a while.
Carmen - she was in my campsite and I was in need of a peppy.

As you can all clearly see I put a lot of thought into my villager choices. :rolleyes: 😂

So, as an overall, I came into the game knowing I wanted to do a theme that incorporated my villagers and since birds are my favorite type of animal, I decided to have all of the bird villagers in my town, which of course affects who I'm choosing.

For my town:
Apollo: I've always loved his look. He fits the cranky look to a T and I've always had a soft spot for bald eagles. He's been in my main town for NL before as well so I have some history with him that ultimately made me want to bring him in over other awesome crankies like Buzz, Frank, and Hopper.
Cranston: I LOVE almost all of the ostrich villagers, and for an aviary they work perfectly because even though they are all technically a part of the same overarching species, each of them is designed with a unique bird in mind. Cranston is a crested ibis, for example. Which I love. Even putting that aside, Cranston's whole vibe is just so zen yet so vibrant. I love the mixture of red and whites that he has going on, I love his house and Japanese theming, he's just a really well-done villager.
Egbert: MY FAVE<3 Egbert has been my top favorite AC villager since City Folk and it still has not changed to this day. He's a cute little chicken, he's my fave personality type (lazy), he's my favorite color (yellow), his stressed-out facial expressions are ADORABLE, and he was one of my first best friends that I had in my main CF town. There's no way I couldn't have Egbert in my town, even if I wasn't going for a specific theme.
Friga: This one is interesting, as I've had Mallary, Miranda, and Becky in her slot and I've ultimately landed on Friga. She's always a villager I tended to forget about, despite the fact that she's a penguin and she's super pretty. I love her black and pink coloring, her eyes are also really pretty as well and always draw me in. I think the NH polish that she got definitely helped to make her stand out from some of the other penguins as well with that pink underbelly. I've only had her for about two weeks now but I can honestly say that I really love her so far!
Julia: Another amazing ostrich who is actually a trans peacock queen<3 If my profile isn't an indication, she has quickly skyrocketed her way to my top 5 favorite villagers of all time. Not only are her colors and design just beautifully mesmerizing, but I find that her more cutesy and wide-eyed design makes her stand out from a lot of other snooty villagers with their heavy makeup and blush. I even love the little hairs that poke out of the back of her head (Definitely look a lot better than Sandy or Queenie's do). Never paid her any mind in NL, despite having her amiibo card, but in NH she has taken my island by storm<3
Molly: Another nostalgic NL villager for me. Even though Molly has a very basic design, it just works so well for her normal personality. She's beautiful and adorable, and I love that she is designed based on a female mallard. I feel like that realistic design fits my aviary theme more than a lot of the other normal birds.
Phoebe: My Phoenix queen<3 Even though she isn't the most realistic design for a bird, I still think Phoebe's bright colors and weirdly hellish vibes make her an amazing villager with an amazing design. Of the three sisterly birds (Phoebe, Flo, and Plucky), she was easily my favorite, even though I do have a soft spot for Flo too. But I think Phoebe's design and her house interior add some much-needed variety to my island.
Piper: It's a little sad because I originally moved Piper in with the intention of replacing her with Sprinkle eventually, however I ended up liking her so much that I've made her permanent. I've always liked Piper's minamalisitic and basic design, I feel like it suits her and her peppy personality very well instead of a super cutesy or extravagant design. She's also an albino Java sparrow, which is super neat, and I love how well she gets along with her neighbor and the only other Sparrow in town: Sparro xD
Sparro: Another one who I had no opinion on until NL. I always preferred some of the other male birds like Jay and Jacques before even thinking about Sparro. But I decided to give him a chance and I honestly REALLY love him after having him on my island for a cuple of months now. It's so funny to have this tiny little tree sparrow as my island's resident buff boi and, like I said before, his relationship with Piper, as the other sparrow on the island, is super cute and adorable and I can never get rid of eithe of them now.
Tex: I've always found Tex's design to be appealing. From his markings that corroborate that he's an African penguin, to those glazed-over sleepy eyes of his, he's always been a character who I felt like I could never take seriously. As my smug, he's really great. I love his house, I love dressing him up in all sorts of extravagant blue and black outfits, and did I mention how melodramatic he is? I could never give up such a cute and controversial source of drama on my island.

My island doesn't have a particular theme, so I base a lot of villager selection around first impressions.

Agnes - she showed up at my campsite when I was missing a sisterly. Her design, especially out of all the pigs, is unique. She has grown on me a lot. I think she is one of the few campsite visitors whom I managed to get to successfully kick out a resident I was ready to let go in under ten resets. XD
Daisy - she was another campsite visitor and I was really missing Goldie. I love dogs, so I couldn't say no to this sweetie!
Elvis - I invited him via Amiibo. His design is a regal king, which was what originally appealed to me. However, I haven't really vibed with him.
Flora - she is a flamingo -- enough said, birds are cool. Her bright pink matches up with the peppy personality perfectly.
Judy - I found her on my first ticket while island-hopping. Previously, I told my S/O that her design was a bit scary, but then, he showed me gameplay that showed off her facial expressions, and my opinion about her changed. The cub is one of my favourite villager species, and I love her pastel palette and anime-style eyes, which are sooo expressive and fun.
Phoebe - cool design, and she lives in hell (throwback to my undergrad in engineering, LOL). She is my S/O's dream sisterly, so I will be passing her along to him once I've gotten her photo.
Olive - another adorable cub. I love so many of the normal villager designs, and Olive is no exception. I think her neutral colour palette goes well with autumn.
Poncho - another cute cub who visited my campsite when I was missing a jock villager. I like that he is a darker shade of blue and isn't in my face.
Raymond - my S/O's dream smug villager. I love how cute his small canines look when he smiles. Otherwise, his neutral expression reminds me of how I feel during work sometimes. XD I will be a bit sad to see him go to my S/O, but at least I will be able to visit him frequently!
Zell - I think I found him while island-hopping and thought he looked cool. I guess cool-looking villagers aren't really my type because I'm looking forward to the day when I can let him move out.

Back