Who did you choose to live in your town and why?

Moriyo Village- Phoebe, Julian, Sterling, Tia (thou she currently lives in Treehut, I haven't transferred her yet) and Ruby. Static & Fauna lived there for a long time, but Fauna I'm going to transfer to my new Secret town and Static, idk. The keepers have 'magical fantasy' elements to them, such as Phoebe being a phoenix, Sterling being a Knight, Ruby being the rabbit in the moon ect...

Treehut- So far I only have Julian, Roscoe and Wolfgang who are keepers. I do have Filbert's and Rodeo's cards, but I'm waiting to move them in.

Secret- Besides Fauna, just a bunch of woodsy animals.

Luminosa- so far I only have Whitney, who I recently transfered to there from Moriyo. Tutu, who lives in Treehut rn will live there to soon enough. The future animals will all be pretty white animals, except Tangy who matches the summer theme of this town. I wanted moon accents, so I chose animals like Whitney, Skye & Tutu who have moon-like colouring.

Last edited:
cheri - favorite villager from cube crossing that finally made a return
mira - sailor venus
ribbot - robot frog
friga - is just kinda here, no rush to move out though
aurora - zetsubou-sensei
stitches - patchwork teddy bear
ruby - moon rabbit
octavian - alien invader
papi - birthday
medli - windwaker

Hopkins: I love his whole theme
Lucky: I've always liked him
Roscoe: He moved in at random, but grew on me. Now I'll never let him leave.
Twiggy: Cutest. villager. ever!:lemon:
Whitney, I loved her in the movie and always wanted her in my town after that.
Frita: Like Hopkins, I love her whole theme. Her house is styled like a 50s burger joint, and she looks like a hamburger and fries. What's not to love?
Maddie: had her way back when in the GC version, jumped at the change to have her again.
Ellie: She looks so sweet, and I love her cafe theme.
Boots: Like Maddie he was one of my original villagers from AC gamecube and I wanted him back.
Beardo: Sherlock Holmes style bear? How could I not have him?

Beau - Neutral color palette, I love his face!
Bob - My one silly villager, I like his expression, but if I was still plotting I think I would swap for Muffy.
Fang - Neutral color palette, I love his face! He is an old favorite from when I played Population Growing.
Goldie - Neutral color palette, very cute! I have her card so it was convenient also.
Kidd - Liked his face and house.
Kiki - Neutral color palette, favorite villager pre-New Leaf.
Lolly - Neutral color palette.
Marshal - Neutral color palette.
Molly - Neutral color palette, very cute!
Stitches - My favorite villager, I like his aesthetic too! I have his card so it was convenient also.

I tend to stick to lazies and normals as I prefer their personalities.

Last edited:
I havent gotten all of my dreamies yet but here's why i chose all of mine
Sprinkles- was my first starter, and i love her personality and how genuinely nice she is to my charecter
Marina- an unexpected move in, I was first annoyed by her presence but she grew on me and i absolutely adore her
Tia- Her character design was so cutesy, i just had to get her!
Wendy- The cutest sheep and i just love her pastel design.
Diana- I loved her design and when she moved in I kinda adored her personality.
Julian, Costeau,Phoebe, O'Hare,- Their color designs are just all that and im kinda excited for when i get julian especially also Ohare's hat was a deciding factor on why i HAD to have him
Zucker- I loved him after i noticed he was designed after takoyaki. Me and my friends got one of my friends takoyaki supplies and now all my group does is eat takoyaki at her house. He just brings great friend memories. (and he's a real cool character)

Last edited:
In Fireleaf:

Bertha
Robin
Chrissy
Canberra
Egbert
Moose
Kid Cat
Gruff

These aren't my final villagers, but I plan on keeping most of them for a long time. I didn't actually choose them, instead they were just random move-ins. The exception to this is Kid Cat who I found in a giveaway thread on TBT. I had no initial plan to adopt him, but for whatever reason I felt like he would fit.

I don't have a full set of permanent villagers yet and I'm not sure if I ever will in Sakura. I like cycling out villagers every now and then to get a new face. But there are four permanent villagers so far and that number may grow if I get too attached to anyone else.

Grizzly: He was in my first GameCube town and has been my favorite villager ever since. I bought his card so I could move him in and he is never allowed to leave.

Hugh: He was a starting villager and I fell in love with his cute aesthetic. The different colored eyes, that sideways grin...he's just adorable. So I decided to make him permanent.

Mint: She was also a starting villager that I fell in love with. She's so tiny and cute. I love the way she sings my town tune and I also love her house, which was in a perfectly acceptable location. So she became permanent as well.

Annalisa: I asked her to move in via the campsite. So far she's the only permanent Zen-themed villager in my partially Zen-themed town. I love the anteater design in general, especially the way their snoots move when they talk, and her design in particular I find really pleasing. I think she's beautiful and unique and I'm happy to have her in my town.

I have a second town that I haven't officially started yet, but it's going to be themed. I just need to narrow down the theme because I have too many ideas. But once I've settled on the theme, I have a set of 10 villagers hand-picked to go along with each theme.

Last edited:
Whittown I have my starters except for Merry (leaving Pecan, Filbert, Wart, Jr., and Jambette), the first four random move-ins (Flo, Kyle, Papi, and Poncho), Tom (via StreetPass), and Cheri, who I moved over from Beantown. I realized I didn't dislike Peppy villagers, I just disliked Merry, and I missed having one around after I kicked her out. I decided to keep them all partly because I like where their houses are well enough and don't want to make massive changes lol. (I have one regret: not putting my mayor's house where Tom's houses is.)

Beantown I have my starters except Cheri plus my four movie-ins (Curly, Celia, Tucker, Tom, Ozzie, Agnes, O'Hare, and Queenie), and I moved in Eloise with an amiibo card. I'm definitely going to let Tom move out because he's also in Whittown, but I haven't decided who will take his place--will probably let it be random.

In town Kenma, villagers do cycle.
But I still keep:
Rosie- Best peppy villager ever~~
Kyle- My sis birthday date
Molly- Met through HHD and invited through campsite, What a cute duck.
Tia- Teacup elephant
Butch- invited through campsite

Town Lazy, villagers havent left yet...
must keep
Purrl- my birthday date
Stitches- My sis fav villager
Kyle- My sis birthday
Cookie- cute doggo
got amiibo card for dora, when someone leaves that town, i'll invite dora over cause my sis wants her in the town

Last edited:
In my new town of Cozy Oak, I have the following permies: Bones, Lolly, Sylvana, Ellie, and Hamlet. I have Pashmina's amiibo card on its way, and she will also be a permie. I'm focused on natural-looking villagers in terms of color this time around (browns, whites, blacks, greys, yellows). I may scan Dizzy in as well.

Last edited:
In Barley all my villagers are my original starters and I plan on keeping. Yeah they're all unpopular villagers minus Lucky but I've grown attached to most of them and don't want to make them move out. In a different town I'll use amiibo cards but in Barley I'm keeping all the starters purely because of attachment.Also Hamphrey will probably always be in my towns from now on and is never allowed to leave because he's like my favorite villager ever.Teddy came from the campsite and he is never going either. It was weird how I wanted him in my town and soon after there he was somehow

Last edited:
i don't have my dream villagers just yet, but here's my list (i seem to really go for the lazy villagers):

Zucker - love his design! plus, i haven't had any octopus villagers since WW
Tiffany - she was in one of my previous towns and i adored her!
Stitches - his design is super cute
Rod - i think he's pretty cool
Genji - i've only ever had him one time, but i wished i'd gotten to talk with him more
Doc - i absolutely love his nerdy look! i had him in a previous town along with Tiffany and i really love his character
Carmen - she looks cute, i love her color scheme
Beau - i have him in pocket camp and i just love his design and chill nature
Alice - she's really cute looking, plus i needed a normal villager

all in all, design + specific villager types are the reason why i chose these characters!

I have links to my three public towns: Applewin, ACNLpics, and Foster.

With Applewin, I did not methodically plan, from the start, exactly who would live in the town. I wanted my three originals, Normal frog Jambette, Jock duck Scoot, and Peppy bird Twiggy, to not leave because of the bonds they have with the humans, especially Mayor Jill. As for the rest: I accepted Smug goat Kidd, invited him to move in, from the Camping Ground. I won Bell Tree Forums bids for Smug horse Julian, Peppy cat Rosie, and Lazy bear cub Stitches. After starting the game, as my original town, in August 2013, they were established by the first quarter of 2014. Later in the year, I got Uchi ostrich Phoebe from another town I was re-setting. (She replaced Uchi bear cub Tammy, who I lost.) And then came Normal elephant Tia. She was won by me in a bid. I had her in two previous towns. And then I realized she needed to be in my original town. The last was Hamlet. I had one more slot available. I was in a casting mode. Who would be right for Applewin? I was thinking of Lazy villagers. (I no longer needed a Cranky or Snooty. And I needed, for balance, a male.) Then I realized, from my previous experience in a temporary cycle town, that the Jock hamster Hamlet is a terrific character. That he would be right for Applewin. He is! So, I chose him.

With ACNLpics, which I created over the Summer of 2014, I had a previous town named Progress. I was dissatisfied with it. In that town were Uchi cat Katt, Cranky werewolf Fang, and Cranky eagle Apollo—and I maneuvered to get them moved out of Progress and over to ACNLpics. In between getting that trio, my No. 7 villager (that is, when you look at the order of their names on the game’s menu screen) turned out to be Smug koala Eugene. (I originally planned for the Smug to be the sheep Pietro.) Eugene is so awesome that I changed my plans for him. I moved Merengue from another town (the same one from which I had done transfers of Tia and Phoebe over to Applewin). The rest were who I had in mind. I set up temporary cycle towns to transfer them over to ACNLpics. I can’t remember their seniority order, but I knew I wanted the luminous deer Diana for its Snooty, the dog Biskit its Lazy, and my original intention for the Normal to be the octopus Marina. I took a shine to Kevin, from a temporary cycle town, and chose this handsome orange pig as its Jock. I originally had for ACNLpics’s Peppy the squirrel Nibbles. I like her. But, I ended up having lost her. So, I replaced her with another squirrel, Peanut. Since this is a museum-themed town (the villagers’ pictures are on display in humans’ houses), I chose a good mix of villagers.

With Foster, which I created in January 2015, I came up with a fantastic map. I created it because of the Peppy penguin Sprinkle. She was in between towns. I adore her. I didn’t want to void her. At that time, I did not know I would buy more game cartridges of “Animal Crossing: New Leaf.” So, I found a map I love and called the town Foster. I had the five original villagers (none were kept; one was a repeat from another town). So, I slotted Sprinkle as No. 6. When it came to who I wanted representing the villager personality categories, I knew I wanted the Jock frog Ribbot and I wanted, as I previously experienced her in Progress, the duck Molly to be its Normal. I also decided the Snooty should be the werewolf Whitney. Then I found, in visits to other towns, I needed the Cranky to be the octopus Octavian. When it came to Smugs, I wasn’t choosy. I ended with two: Zell, the deer, came in first; he was followed by Rodney, the hamster. I wasn’t choosy with the town’s Uchi, slotted at No. 7, and so I was fine with the sheep Muffy. (I dig her. She’s a good character.) And then, from my experience with her in a cycle town (and having read others’ comments), I chose for an additional female to be a second Snooty: the ostrich Blanche. I originally had as the town’s Lazy the squirrel Filbert. He has since been replaced by the dog Bones. (This is good because I recently created an all-squirrel town, on which I plan to create a Bell Tree Forums thread, in which Filbert is a resident. It was required. I like to have five-and-five for males and females. And the squirrels have only five males, covering all villager personality categories: Crankies Static and Ricky, Jock Sheldon, Smug Marshal and, of course, Lazy Filbert.) So, I made some really good choices.

Last edited:
in tuesday:
olivia was a starting villager. i think she is beautiful and we spent so long getting to know each other
tom is moe's brother and he is a cat and he is cranky
moe was a starting villager. he reminds me of one of my sister's friends who i like a lot
julian was a random get after plot resetting after i had 8 villagers for a while
carmen is my best friend
bob is a cute cat
purrl is a cute cat
tabby is a cute cat
mac because danny loves him

In Macaroon I have;
Etoile
Marty
Toby
Chelsea
Chai
Fuchsia
Bones
Marshal
Francine

I cannot remember the last one, but I went with the majority of Sanrio Characters.
Sanrio was a big part of my life growing up, and I was honestly stoked to find out the collab of AC and Sanrio.
Little Twin Stars, My Melody, and Pompompurin are some of my favorite Sanrio faces. So I chose my top favorites.

The others are mainly for the aesthetics.

My town Salem has;
Lucky
Clay
Muffy
Kiki
Ankha
Stitches
Teddy
Ruby
Coco
Genji

For Salem, I went with a dark witchy theme, and I really loved the "spooky" and natural characters.
Stitches is one of my favorite villagers from the AC series all together, so he was added.

In Auroral, a good portion of my villagers are just starters who I've been too attached to to let leave! And in Dreamy, they're all... sheep jfdlksjfalk....

But for some specifics:

Auroral -
Curt - starter!
Blanche - starter!
Peggy - starter!
Sylvia - a random move in from one of my first few months playing. quickly fell for her, because i always wanted a kangaroo and i love the shade of purple she is.
Marina - random move in, but i absolutely died of happiness when i found out she was moving in, since i wanted to get all of the octopi eventually, anyway!
Octavian - my all time favorite villager, so ofc i had to have him. was super excited when he showed up in my campsite one day.
Stitches - originally, i only adopted him from my campsite bc i knew he was popular and was going to try and sell him, but i quickly became attached.
Diana - literally same thing as Stitches lmao....
Julian - i'd always been jealous that all of my friends had him just randomly move in, but i'd never seen him in my town before, but i was super lucky when my friend's julian moved out and into Auroral! too bad his house is in such an awful location, but i wuv him all the same.
Zucker - last but not least, my last lil octopus~ had to adopt him from someone on here after years without seeing him in my campsite weeps. but he's worth it, he's so dumb and i love him.

Dreamy -
Cashmere - i always hated her as a child, but as i've gotten older, i really started appreciating a lot of the 'uglier' villagers more! so ofc to make up for my childhood hatred of her, she was the first sheep adopted into my all-sheep town.
Willow - she's one of the prettiest sheep, imo! i really love her particular shade of yellow.
Muffy - Muffy was a friend's dreamy who packed her boxes without warning, so i saved her and brought her to my town. i wanted her anyway, and while i'm sad my friend lost her, i feel like i'll appreciate this muffy more than i would one adopted from a stranger! one of the very first things she did was sing me her old town tune ;v; she feels v special to me and i'll always treasure her
Pietro - (not obtained yet) i want him because my brother had him as a starter and absolutely HATED him. and i guess he's really unpopular with a lot of ppl, but idk.... he's rainbow-y.... a gay icon......
Frita - (not obtained yet) i love everything about her..... look at her........ do i need to explain it.....
Curlos - (not obtained yet) i remember a while ago joking with a friend that frita and curlos look like they're meant to be, and so ofc once i decided on getting Frita, i knew i had to get her bf too. (plus.... i just need more males jfkldsajfl)
Stella - (not obtained yet) pocket camp made me love her!!
Vesta - (not obtained yet) pocket camp made me love her, too! but my friend also has her in their town, and she's such a sweetie so ofc i want her even more bc of it
Baabra - (not obtained yet) waaaaay back when my brother first got ac for the gamecube, she was one of his starters!!! so ofc i have a lot of nostalgia for her!!!!
Wendy - (not obtained yet) i need a peppy sheep and she's the only one jdlksfjdsakl.... tbh i'd probably go with eunice instead but i dont need more normal villagers :' ) hopefully wendy will grow on me more once i have her, though!!

Solitude's animals

Sylvia: I've loved her since my first town so I was really happy to have her back
Apollo: my dream cranky for as long as I can remember so you can imagine my reaction when he popped up in my campsite
Goldie: I used to have her too, and she's probably my favorite normal I've had as a villager
Agnes: She's a toughie, she definitely grew on me.
Stitches: I shouldn't have caved, but then I got his card...
Willow: I didn't think I'd actually keep her for long when I got her, but I've gotten too attached to her. Maybe also cause she's my only sheep villager.
Tom: he's really sweet even though he's a cranky. I've had him for a long while now so I'm okay with him moving out.
Zucker: I've never had a food type villager so wanted to try it out! he's cute, and also my first octopus villager too!
Skye: Aww I really grew to like Skye, she's my first wolf villager and she's just adorable
Victoria: Not gonna lie, I kinda got her because I wanted a horse for DIE, but she's fun to have around c:

So far I’ve narrowed it down to cole, Kiki, nan, roscoe , rodeo, and Mathilda. I chose them because they all go well together because of their color. They also go nice with my overall town theme.

Also, where do you get your cute villager pixels???

Last edited:
Working on getting all the penguins in my signature ^^
Just came up with it today. They all have the eight different personalities too.
So excited! I’ve always loved the penguins and just couldn’t settle on anyone else for some reason.

Back