Pokémon Which Pokemon game are you getting?

Which Pokemon game are you getting?

• Brilliant Diamond

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Shining Pearl

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Both BDSP but not Legends

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • One of BDSP and Legends

Votes: 35 50.0%
  • Legends Arceus only

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • All of them!

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters
I’ll be buying one of BDSP (not sure if Diamond or Pearl; I’ve had Pearl before so I’ve taken a huge liking to Palkia, but I haven’t encountered Dialga yet so new experience) and Legends! I’ve been waiting for Gen IV remakes for so long you have no idea. Practically all my friends know how big of a Sinnoh fan I am, haha. I’m playing BDSP for the story and nostalgia so I don’t mind much of the stuff like the dex as long as they still tell the great story I once played. I’m thinking of making an all-Gen IV team once it comes out! I’m also really ecstatic they brought back Pokemon following you, I‘d be really happy to see my Glaceon (and many of my other faves) tag along 🥺❤️

Diamond and Pearl was the game I probably played the most after Gold and Silver and I have a lot of found memories doing all the extra stuff after the Elite Four. I had Diamond originally but I don't know which one I'm going to get. It'll heavily depend on the version exclusive Pokemon even though I can trade online for my missing favorites. I'm really excited for the Underground and the new feature they added. I don't care if they removed the Game Center, I can't even remember it playing a big role in the original.

I'm also getting Legends and I'm glad the new battle mechanic (pokemon can hurt the player) isn't as gimmicky and actually makes sense for the setting it's in.

I’m planning on getting Brilliant Diamond, choosing this one over Shining Pearl as I prefer Dialga, and Legends. I’ve not played Diamond for a long time, don’t actually think I still have my game anymore unfortunately, so I’m looking forward to playing the remake. My brother is going for Shining Pearl as we always pick the opposite games so I’ll be able to easily complete the Pokédex and get the version exclusives, especially handy as in the original games Spheal, one of my favourite Pokémon, was exclusive to Pearl.

From what I’ve seen so far I think Legends looks really interesting and enjoyable to play so I’m looking forward to its release next year.

Starter wise I’ll be picking the Water Pokemon, my usual starter choice, for each game.

i'm only getting legends of arceus. i really don't like the weird chibi style they went with for the DP remakes, so i'm not going to waste money on them. if they'd been made with actual full-body sprites like USUM, SWSH and the let's go games, i probably would've, but.

I'm planning on getting Diamond, since that was the version I got when I got my first DS. However, since I've always ended up with every version in every generation I've bought from Gen 3 forward, along with the fact that I have both a Switch and a Lite, I'll more than likely end up getting both. I don't have much interest in Legends so I most likely won't end up getting it.

I've pre-ordered the new Diamond and Pearl remakes in a "double pack" package and also the new Pokémon: Arceus spin-off! I've already got "Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee", but I'm not sure if I'll get Sword and Shield since I've heard bad things...

I've preordered Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and am very much looking forward to playing it since Diamond was my first Pokémon game.

I am undecided about Legends. I'd need to see more gameplay and read a few reviews first. :)

Originally I was leaning towards Legends and not BDSP, but after seeing the latest trailers, I'm thinking of maybe getting one of BDSP but not Legends... tough decision

I started the series in 2006 with the superior Pearl and I'll stay loyal to that. Tbh I don't see the point in getting both this time because the amount of exclusive Pkmn is minimal and trading has been made significantly easier.
I was pretty lukewarm on the remake when the 1st trailer released because my one condition for buying it was that they revive the underground and also improve on the contests in some way, preferably by giving them online compatibility.
They didn't do that but they did make a rhythm game out of it so I MUST get it now lol

Legends can stay away from me

Last edited:
Pearl was my Sinnoh game of choice back in the day, so i'm planning on getting SP (mostly for the multiplayer aspects; i'm lukewarm on the game and bitter i can't decorate my secret base with actual furniture, but i'm looking forward to exploring the Underground with friends) -- no plans to get BD.if i want to replay Sinnoh again that badly after the remasters i have a copy of Platinum. no plans atm either to get Legends, i want to hear more about it first

Definitely Legends.

I'm undecided on whether to get both BD and SP or just pick one. I got both Sword & Shield, and Let's Go Pickachu & Evee BUT it's a bad habit. I never care about completing the Pokedex anyway so seems silly to get both for the minimal gameplay differences I'd experience.

I'll be getting one DP remake and Legends as well. 😊The real question is, which starters to choose. 😩 I generally spend too much time picking a starter, and end up having to go with my gut feeling.

For Shining Pearl, the options are: Chimchar, Piplup and Turtwig. Usually I go for grass, but I think I really want Infernape? But I'm also strongly considering Piplup, mainly because it's really cute though.

For Legends, out of cyndaquil, rowlet and oshawott, I'm pretty torn between cyndaquil and rowlet. I just don't know.
Update: It's been two months and I'm no closer to deciding my starters. 😍

Also, I'm getting Shining Pearl (Slowpoke 🐚💙), but I need to trade ASAP for Seel and Poochyena. 😊

as of right now I'm only planning on getting Brilliant Diamond (bc I have Pearl and I want the opposite version) and even that's hesitant cause idk what the state of the national dex is in that game. Legends Arceus looks cool but as of now I'm not interested in buying it, maybe later down the road I will.
I believe they confirmed that the national dex will match the original game's national dex. Meaning Gen 5 onward for BDSP is null.

I am going to get one of the BDSP, but I haven't decided yet which one to get. I know that I can always trade to get the Pokemon that are exclusive to the other version. I can't remember which one I played on the DS and I really like the chibi feel of the game.

I will also be getting Legends!

I got Shining Pearl for Vulpix and my fav Misdreavus. I prefer the Diamond legendaries, but I don't really care.

Also wanna get Legends with my next paycheck, good thing it's an end month release for me.

Legends is coming out in a few weeks... surprisingly pretty minimal hype/trailers/news about it... anyone planning to get it right away?

Back