Pokémon Which Pokemon game are you getting?

Which Pokemon game are you getting?

• Brilliant Diamond

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Shining Pearl

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Both BDSP but not Legends

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • One of BDSP and Legends

Votes: 35 50.0%
  • Legends Arceus only

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • All of them!

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters

Snek

Time To Party 🎉
Bells
Switch
0744-8044-4420
Tasty Cake
Chinese Dragon Head
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Tail
Tasty Cake
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
More trailers were released a few days ago! After a few days to think about it...which games have you decided to get?

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are for those who to relive their childhood. You also get a Manaphy egg if you preorder!

Or...

Pokemon Legends Arceus, a new overworld re-imaginaton of the Sinnoh region. In the game, Sinnoh is known as the Hisui region to reflect that time period. There are new Pokémon forms, such as Fire/Rock Growlithe and Psychic/Flying Braviary, and new cross-gen evolutions, such as Water/Ghost Basculegion and Normal/Psychic Weirdeer (Stantler evo).

All have their charms and quirks!

Last edited:
Going to be getting one of BDSP and Legends. Regardless of what people may think of BDSP, I'm incredibly biased towards Sinnoh seeing as I started the series with Diamond. If they don't end up living up to the hype I'll be disappointed, but I seriously doubt that's going to happen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For a number of years, when playing Pokémon games, the way I would go about deciding on a team to use would be to come up with a theme to base a team around, choose the Pokémon I felt would best fit that theme while looking at every generation available at the time of the specific game I'm playing (for example, an Ultra Sun run could include Pokémon from any of the regions prior to and including Generation 7, or a Black 2 run could include Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova), breed the team members with the desired IVs, Natures, Abilities, and egg moves, give them the desired EV training, and give them nicknames that tie into the team's theme.

However, the Pokémon roster culling which took place in Sword & Shield, inevitable as it may have been, sort of severed my interest in the series. That method of play I'd grown so accustomed to was my way of making the games more interesting and engaging for myself. Aside from first playthroughs, I'm not drawn to just running through a game with one of three pre-determined starters and just going through things the standard way after I've already done it that first time. Combine that with stuff like the bad and/or reused animations and the ever-decreasing difficulty and I'm just...unenthused.

I'm going to be waiting for reviews and public opinion to roll in before considering purchasing any of the upcoming games. For what it's worth, while I can sort of appreciate some of the stuff shown in the most recent trailer for Pokémon Legends: Arceus, nothing I saw did much of anything to sway me one way or the other.

If I do end up purchasing them, I'm not sure whether I'd do Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl or both since I'd usually buy both versions of the games in previous generations, but it seems pointless to do so now since the Switch and its games are more expensive than the 3DS and its games, so I no longer have the option of trading with myself.

TL;DR: I don't know yet, waiting to see more post-release before deciding whether I'll be willing to buy any of them.

For a number of years, when playing Pokémon games, the way I would go about deciding on a team to use would be to come up with a theme to base a team around, choose the Pokémon I felt would best fit that theme while looking at every generation available at the time of the specific game I'm playing (for example, an Ultra Sun run could include Pokémon from any of the regions prior to and including Generation 7, or a Black 2 run could include Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova), breed the team members with the desired IVs, Natures, Abilities, and egg moves, give them the desired EV training, and give them nicknames that tie into the team's theme.

However, the Pokémon roster culling which took place in Sword & Shield, inevitable as it may have been, sort of severed my interest in the series. That method of play I'd grown so accustomed to was my way of making the games more interesting and engaging for myself. Aside from first playthroughs, I'm not drawn to just running through a game with one of three pre-determined starters and just going through things the standard way after I've already done it that first time. Combine that with stuff like the bad and/or reused animations and the ever-decreasing difficulty and I'm just...unenthused.

I'm going to be waiting for reviews and public opinion to roll in before considering purchasing any of the upcoming games. For what it's worth, while I can sort of appreciate some of the stuff shown in the most recent trailer for Pokémon Legends: Arceus, nothing I saw did much of anything to sway me one way or the other.

If I do end up purchasing them, I'm not sure whether I'd do Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl or both since I'd usually buy both versions of the games in previous generations, but it seems pointless to do so now since the Switch and its games are more expensive than the 3DS and its games, so I no longer have the option of trading with myself.

TL;DR: I don't know yet, waiting to see more post-release before deciding whether I'll be willing to buy any of them.

I get what you're saying. I used to do exactly what you did regarding trading with yourself. Its not that I didn't think that users would scam me, its just I wanted my name as the OT and that I wanted the Pokemon to be competitive. For example, Gengar. Gengar is one of my most favourite Pokémon. But because it only evolves when traded (such an archaic method...) I had to buy two consoles and two games to evolve it and other trade evos. I also wanted my Gengars to be competitive, mostly with Timid natures and IV bred. I also wanted all my Gengars with the "Mischievous" characteristic. Needless to say, it was a long and arduous process. Recent inflated prices made me turn to other games so I no longer wanted to buy both games like I used to do. I bought Sword and that was that. I may buy Brilliant Diamond, but with the recent game direction GF is heading I may just buy only Legends. I'll have to see more trailers for BDSP to make my decision.

I will be getting both games when there are out looking forward to playing both of them

I'm only planning on getting Legends: Arceus at this point. Nothing against the DP remakes, but I didn't have an interest in getting them before they were officially announced, and I still don't have an interest in getting them now, though they are looking good and I do hope that the people who pick them up enjoy them!

I already preordered Brilliant Diamond and Legends. I look forward to both though especially legends. I played the original Diamond back in the day and while I do like Pokemon remakes I remember liking the original gen 3 games more than their remake in gen 6. The remake was good but I liked how the original was more nostalgic and not as easy.

I'm really interested to see what Legends is like though. I appreciate GameFreak trying something new.

I'm getting Pearl this time (I had Diamond in the original DSP gen) as well as Legends. I'm a bit concerned about how motion sick I'll get playing these new games (Pokemon Sw/Sh made me suuuuper nauseous due to the POV changing a lot), but I hope they'll be fun.

I sometimes wish they'd return to all pixels a la Gen 3 (R/S/E and FR/LG) just so I wouldn't have a vomit fest... 😭

I've already pre-ordered Arcues, and just waiting for my paycheck to get Shining pearl. I am planning to get Diamond too, but not just yet.

I wasn't sure I wanted to get either, but I now made up my mind and am gonna try to get Shining Pearl and Legends. I know I can get Shining Pearl, but it might take some convincing for my mom to get the other game. I have a bad habit of starting over, so that may be the reason why she is skeptical about both. I'm trying so hard not to do that anymore. So yeah, gonna try to start frest with Pokemon with these two games. 🙂

I'll be getting Diamond and my sister is getting Pearl.
I didn't think I was going to be this hyped for the Sinnoh remakes but I kind of am. Especially the underground, and hearing the music really brought out some nostalgia feels for me. sinnoh used to be my least fav gen but now that Galar has taken that crown, I think I'll really enjoy BDSP.

Pokemon Legends looks fresh and that I'm excited about that. I'm wondering if the game will have shinies since they took out the over world shinies in SWSH, but the whole game is overworld this time.

Last edited:
I will wait to see more info on legends. I was impressed by the first trailer but when I heard how long it would be until they released the game, I thought it didn’t sound like a lot of time to improve on what they showed and add more. Will have to wait until Christmas. I have Persona 5 strikers as a bigger priority; I also want Cuphead, the new mario party too so will have to make a decision between them all. I may consider getting remake of diamond too in spite how I feel about the character models. ngl, I do miss pokemon and would like to play it on the switch.

I'm gonna get one of BDSP and definitely getting Arceus, although if I end up having to choose one between the other for some reason I'd definitely choose Arceus over BDSP. I think both games look neat in their own respective ways however.

MAYBE Legends... and that's a hard maybe. I have not been too pleased by the recent quality of Pokemon games. The Diamond/Pearl remakes graphics don't appeal to me at all personally. I'm probably going to pass even though I enjoyed Diamond as a kid.

I plan on getting Pokemon Brilliant Diamond because I like Dialga and it has a blue color that I like so it fits my style. Gen 4 was the generation that got me into the Pokemon Franchise and my first game was Pokemon Pearl and then I picked up Pokemon Platinum (I put 600 hours in that game and I loved it). Then next year when I save up enough money I plan on getting Legend of Arceus since it does look really interesting.

Really debating on Diamond. Diamond was my first pokemon game andI really enjoyed it. However, with them removing features (like game corner and gts), it concerns me. I cam get past that, but I need to see of newer pokemon will be available at all (even if juat by transfer).

If no newer pokemon are added, it would be more of a remaster then remake. Like I don't expect a complete national dex, but I would like to see Unova and Kalos Pokemon at the least.

I'll be getting Legends.

Not sure about the DP remakes, though. I'm really getting tired of big companies rehashing the same games over and over again, especially when they're never as good as the originals anyway. The unique pixel art made the old Pokemon games imho, remaking them into 3D doesn't really bring anything new to the table when the animations and models are the same as previous switch games.

I'll be getting one DP remake and Legends as well. 😊The real question is, which starters to choose. 😩 I generally spend too much time picking a starter, and end up having to go with my gut feeling.

For Shining Pearl, the options are: Chimchar, Piplup and Turtwig. Usually I go for grass, but I think I really want Infernape? But I'm also strongly considering Piplup, mainly because it's really cute though.

For Legends, out of cyndaquil, rowlet and oshawott, I'm pretty torn between cyndaquil and rowlet. I just don't know.

as of right now I'm only planning on getting Brilliant Diamond (bc I have Pearl and I want the opposite version) and even that's hesitant cause idk what the state of the national dex is in that game. Legends Arceus looks cool but as of now I'm not interested in buying it, maybe later down the road I will.

Back