• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which Animal Crossing game is your least favourite?

What's your least favourite Animal Crossing game?

• [GCN] Animal Crossing

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • [DS] Wild World

Votes: 64 33.0%
  • [Wii] City Folk

Votes: 99 51.0%
  • [3DS] New Leaf

Votes: 14 7.2%

• Total voters
I picked City Folk, it's not like that I completely hate this game, but compared to the other games, it's not really my favorite. Sure, I had fun with it, however, now that I think about it, there are some things that bothers me. Like that your house can only have three rooms in total, I really had some trouble when it came to do any kind of decoration. The city itself was also kinda disappointing. It's not bad from the idea and all, but they could have done so much more with it. Overall, I had more fun with Wild World around that time than with City Folk, probably because WW was also my first AC game which I loved a lot back then. Only thing I liked about City Folk was the way the town was built up. Like the overflow from the town to the beach and that because of this villagers were able to placed their houses around the beach. I kinda miss this in New Leaf.

Last edited:
I've never played City Folk so if I had to take my nostalgia goggles off for a second I'd say the first one is my least favorite out of the ones that I've played. :c

I love the game to death but you can't deny that there were just so many improvements made overtime! The first game didn't even have a true multiplayer option to play with your friends, you had to bring your memory card over to a friends house just so they could see your town, and you couldn't even play in it with them. It was still pretty sweet being able to show off your town like that at the time, but I'm too spoiled by online play these days. :c

I voted for CF because I couldn't get into it. WW had bad graphics but I enjoyed the gameplay regardless so I can't vote for it based on graphics. Animal Crossing I never played it but I did watch my older brother play it and it seemed interesting enough.

Wild World just hasn't aged well. Not just in graphics either. I wanted to play it a little while ago, but remembered that I'll never be able to unlock Nookingtons. I'm not buying a second cartridge and no one I know plays it. When you make certain features of an otherwise single player game only accessible by multiplayer, your game is doomed to age badly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And by "features" I don't mean Katie because she's made for multiplayer. I mean basic things like being able to unlock the final shop expansion.

I used to like City Folk, but after all it became my least favorite. Compare to the other Animal Crossing
games, I had not so much fun with CF then I had with Wild World or now with New Leaf. It felt more
like a bigger version of WW with some new stuff, nothing more nothing less.

Ciry Folk. It was too similar to Wild World for my tastes. The microphone was cool, but I missed being able to play with my best friend at sleepovers, ?cause we only had one TV. I?ve always been more partial to the handheld versions for that reason, among other things.

It's really tough. I haven't played GC Animal Crossing and Wild World and City Folk were too hard. I went with City Folk but I think that's more so because it was on the Wii and I couldn't play it as much. After how amazing New Leaf is I just couldn't get back into either of them. I do want to try GC Animal Crossing because it's the original and is still quite popular

My least favorite is definitely and by a landslide, City Folk. I didn?t find myself enjoying it as much as the other games in the series.

City Folk was the worst for me but only because it was on the Wii and I find myself wanting a more portable Animal Crossing experience. The reason GameCube ranks higher is because it was the first Animal Crossing, the one that started my liking and interest in the games, and also there wasn't a portable system to handle any Animal Crossing games yet, however, it would have been interesting if they made a Pokemon art style GameBoy Advanced game!

City Folk did have a lot of fun things for its time though, like the very beginnings of PWP's... that was revolutionary for me.

For me, Wild World was definitely the worst of the bunch and regressed the series at many fronts (especially when it came to the richness of the villager's dialogues and holidays). :/ City Folk put the series back on track before New Leaf came and fixed practically everything wrong that the series had done. There were only a couple of things that I wish New Leaf got from City Folk (like the bank cards so you can do huge purchases at Gracie's without having withdraw tons of bells from your bank account), but hopefully they will fix that with the new game coming out! :)

Last edited:
Another City Folk vote here.
I have a hard time picking between Wild World and City Folk, but I've found I'm so much more likely to pick up Wild World.

Last edited:
City Folk, mainly because of the wii controller that I never got used to. Had this been on a DS or on the switch controller, then I would have liked it much, much better ^^

I loved them all (expect City Folk because I never owned a Wii).

New Leaf was great, but Gamecube has it's special charm and the best music of all games in my opinion.
Played Wild World way too much.

This is really hard because they're all great and love all of them. But I would have to say City Folk solely because of the wii controls. The controls are so frustrating and makes it hard to do simple things. Also the characters get a little repetitive in their dialogue.At least Wild World is portable even if the grapics are kinda dated and the holidays are a little lacking. But still my vote goes to City Folk because of those annoying controls.

I only played two games which was City Folk and New Leaf
I hate City Folk so I voted that

I voted City Folk too. Probably because 1. My City Folk Disc literally stopped working for no apparent reason and I couldn't play it anymore and 2. I don't really like playing games that are on disc because they scratch waaay too easily. So yeah. :(

City Folk.

GC has its nostalgic feels, WW has a lot of charm for me (and I don't mind the graphics; I think the grainy effect is cute, like an old movie) and the best soundtrack, along with really detailed character personalities, and NL is the most polished and offers the most in terms of content.

Last edited:
I can't understand how people hate Wild World less than City Folk???

Last edited:
I can't understand how people hate Wild World less than City Folk???

I know right? To me, City Folk is such an amazing game in comparison and the online play was super amazing, it even had voice chat through Wii Speak! :eek: You also were able to use a USB Keyboard to type messages/letters instead of pointing the remote akwardly at the screen! xD Compared to City Folk, Wild World felt so dead in comparison (heck, most of the town was ugly dirt) while City Folk just felt so much more alive. New Leaf of course took that liveliness to a whole different level (I still think the GameCube AC is the most lively of the bunch though)! :)

Back