• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favourite era of Animal Crossing merch?

What’s your favourite era of AC merch?

• Gamecube (Animal Crossing)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • DS (Wild World)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Wii (City Folk)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3DS (New Leaf)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Switch (New Horizons)

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Koi Karp

Bzzzrrrtttt...
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Curious what people think about AC merch, and if they have a favourite era / item which is specific to an era?

My favourite is definitely the OG GameCube plastic villager houses released in Japan. My Instagram explore page is currently swamped with collectors showing them but like most of the early 2000s merch, they are pretty expensive 🥲🤩

The island theming of New Horizons isn't my thing, but I liked New Leaf stuff a lot. I have seen those villager houses though and they are really cute! I feel like they could make a fair amount of money releasing miniatures of Animal Crossing items for people to recreate their rooms in physical form.

I think the gamecube era merch was the best solely because of the e-reader cards. I like they they actually have personalized descriptions of the villagers and extra content on them! Cooler than the amiibo cards for sure.

I remember seeing gachapon machines here in the U.S. when Wild World came out and it would have little charms of villagers for your phone/DS. I remember it having Porter, the Able Sisters, Mallary, and the boy human with glasses and a BB shirt. As children, me and one of my friends in primary school both liked Animal Crossing, but... I liked her more... 😉 and I gave her the Mallary charm and we would sometimes "play house" with the little charms during class. I was the boy with the BB shirt. 😁 Looking back, she was more of a Deena than a Mallary, if I do say so myself, but in any case, because of that memory, I choose the Wild World merch. 🙌🎊

New Horizons has some really good merchandise but nothing compares to the ACNL era 🍃
The guide books, sticker books, amiibo, cover plates, balance toys, stamps, manga, etc 💚

Back