• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your opinion on this?

What's your opinion on this?

• Total voters
I think it looks really awesome. Designing my house and more importantly, the town, were my favorite aspects of New Leaf. I'm so pumped for it since they've shown that you can actually customize the town, too. It looks like a lot of fun.

For a spin-off, it looks fun. I think they're using it to test the waters on some new features for the next main game too, honestly.

As I posted in another thread (this one seems more fitting):

It?s ironic? These are the creative features I've always wanted. A ?free-world? Animal Crossing with the control to customize and move things around. But, unfortunately, with this new creative freedom, it looks like you?re stuck as a Nook employee with no home of your own to build. All this customization and awesome placement options are limited to other villagers homes.

It also looks like you cannot roam around this town going in and out of those cool weather patterns (and it doesn't look like there is any kind of cohesive town interaction where everyone talks with or about each other). In my opinion, they gave us all the freedoms that we wanted and tons of new features (control villagers, free range house placement, place trees and stuff anywhere, decoration, new public places, etc.), but they took away the ownership of the town itself. I guess we cannot have both.

I don?t know why they just couldn't release an ACNL sequel (or update) with these great new features added. I want the same ACNL game, but with creative ?god-mode? control ? no silly game limitations and quests (or at least make a creative mode optional). With this new release, they tease with the options we always wanted, but in a very different AC world where you are just a designer, but cannot live in or appreciate the town that you've created.

I love just walking around my pristine town aimlessly as I interact with other villagers and walking on the beach ? it?s very relaxing. In HHD, it looks like there is a lot of scene switching as you're limited to popping in and out of houses as you work on them and it looks like you can only roam around the upper portion of the main street area (or whatever they are calling it).

Hopefully I am wrong, but this is what I've gathered from watching this video. :(

so far I think it looks really cute and fun, and I'll definitely be getting it, but I'm not sure about the play value longevity-wise. I really hope that you can wander around your town a bit after you've designed your villagers' houses.

Fml after all the hate I gave this, I actually want it now it seems more fleshed out.

After watching the Japan youtube I preordered my copy today. It looks better than I thought it would be.
No way will I buy all the cards. Just enough for a full town if I can get any.

After watching more videos on it and seeing more of its features I really want this game now. It seems like a great experimental type of game which could make the next main entry of the Animal Crossing series even better.

It looks so cool now that another preview came out. I would change my poll answer!

I really want too buy it as soon as it comes out! :D You can actually squeeze in between couches/chairs! Mind BLOWN! ;)

i think this one looks fine. its a more in depth way of making towns that should be incorporated intoo AC wii u/nx. we all asked for more buildings, customizeable villager houses, and easy edits to the town. we got it in this form

At first it got me interested and excited since I found out late about it but only knew about decorating villagers houses. But I'm definitely buying it now after watching some game play. Though I don't like the fact that you can't walk around the village/town except for the area where you bould in the school/hospital/shop? I thought it'd be nice if you could. Basically this game is pretty much what I wanted in their other games, specially putting items on the ceiling!!!

First time seeing it, was like meh. Then new info came out and now i'm like I WANT IT!

Still won't buy the game just to design houses and their tiny little surroundings.

Every villagers house is a zone by itself it seems, so there's no town for me and other villagers to wonder around and meet each other.

Main thing about AC for me is interaction with villagers on long term

$40 is a really unattractive price for this game.

For what edition of the game? NoA will release a regular edition as well as a bundle with the amiibo adapter, and at this rate I can't see the game being $39.99. Hopefully it wont be, anyway =P

From everything seen at E3, just the fact that furniture can be placed outside, YOU PICK WHERE THE ANIMALS MOVE, and the fact that "downtown" develops depending on what you want, it's clearly a game I'll be sinking many, many hours into! Too bad scalpers are now scalping the Japanese amiibo cards, American stores better instill limits, because these are American sellers who pre-ordered Japanese ones, not fully understanding that they're not like the figures in that the look exactly the same, they're in Japanese on their cover, not English, on top of being random packs of only 3 cards!!

From everything seen at E3, just the fact that furniture can be placed outside, YOU PICK WHERE THE ANIMALS MOVE, and the fact that "downtown" develops depending on what you want, it's clearly a game I'll be sinking many, many hours into! Too bad scalpers are now scalping the Japanese amiibo cards, American stores better instill limits, because these are American sellers who pre-ordered Japanese ones, not fully understanding that they're not like the figures in that the look exactly the same, they're in Japanese on their cover, not English, on top of being random packs of only 3 cards!!

It won't matter. They're still region-free and you can tell who they are by the picture. I'll be getting the Japanese set so I'm ready for when the game comes out here xD

It won't matter. They're still region-free and you can tell who they are by the picture. I'll be getting the Japanese set so I'm ready for when the game comes out here xD

i was gonna buy a pack of Japanese cards just coz but looking on amazon they only sell them sets of 5 packs and dont sell them pack by pack so unless i can find somewhere that sells one pack i probably wont buy any

i was gonna buy a pack of Japanese cards just coz but looking on amazon they only sell them sets of 5 packs and dont sell them pack by pack so unless i can find somewhere that sells one pack i probably wont buy any

Look on Jauce.com or Rakuten.co.jp

Back