• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your favorite weather? (IRL)

I feel like anyone who says they love rain or snow isn't really dealing with the weather. I don't mind rain or snow if I am in my home, but I hate it when I have to be outside. Which is usually every day and it sucks working outside it in. It's cold, wet, freezing, and miserable. Your clothes get damp and you just can't get warm.

I prefer sunny weather. I can understand liking rain or snow and sipping hot chocolate in the comforts of your toasty house. But it sucks being out in it.

Having a winter birthday honestly made me dislike my birthday. Before being able to freely avoid the winter conditions of a northern state (I was born in Pennsylvania), I was associating my birthday with massive snowfalls, and I hated it. I feel like having a birthday any other time of year would make me not dislike it as much, but these weather conditions tainted my view of the day. It's not like I treat my birthday different from any other day of the year, though.

I feel like anyone who says they love rain or snow isn't really dealing with the weather. I don't mind rain or snow if I am in my home, but I hate it when I have to be outside. Which is usually every day and it sucks working outside it in. It's cold, wet, freezing, and miserable. Your clothes get damp and you just can't get warm.

I prefer sunny weather. I can understand liking rain or snow and sipping hot chocolate in the comforts of your toasty house. But it sucks being out in it.

This exactly. While I enjoy all forms of weather, the only kind of weather I enjoy being outside in is sunny and a comfortable temperature, lol. When it starts to get cold and starts raining, not really.

Definitely my favourite weather would be sunny and warm with a very light breeze. I just feel so depressed looking at cold dark weather and it is awful to be outside in.

I love overcast weather and I also love the rain and snow. Sunny days are cool too, but I live in a place where it's nearly always sunny. I enjoy the variation. I also really like thunderstorms.

I like when it's cold and overcast the best. Rain is also amazing. Snow is fun for like 2 days but it just gets annoying after that, there's not a lot of snow where I live anyways :p.

In Scotland you can get all seasons in a day.

I love spring/summer days. 20 degrees is perfect 💕

Snow is fun when you don’t have to go anywhere. rain soaks you to the skin and you are wet and miserable.

In Scotland you can get all seasons in a day.

I love spring/summer days. 20 degrees is perfect 💕

Snow is fun when you don’t have to go anywhere. rain soaks you to the skin and you are wet and miserable.
Sounds like where I live. It can be raining hard, sun comes out and it gets warm, and then later just drops and snows.

I absolutely LOVE rainy and stormy weather, especially if it thunders or humid and hot weather. Where I used to live growing up, we got rain nearly every day and storms just about every week. But now where I live it is classified as a coastal desert, from experience it means a forever spring-summer purgatory

I like overcast weather when it is bright but NOT sunny so the sun never gets in my eyes and my favourite temp would be about 15°C, I want it to be at least a little chilly so I can wear cozy clothes. If it's too hot for a hoodie/jacket/sweater layer then it's too hot.

when I’m out and about I like the slightly breezy with a light hoodie, sun and clouds working in harmony type weather; basically the beginning of fall season with temperatures around 60°F -ish give or take. but when I’m at home I love when it’s raining, the sound of rain is really relaxing especially when I’m all cozied up in bed.

I prefer when it's sunny and warm - I think 25-28 degrees C is the perfect temperature. I know some people would find that too hot, but for me that's perfectly comfortable. I find that the sun has a huge positive impact on my mental health; here in Canada, it was cloudy for literally a full month in December/January and then the sun came out for one day and I suddenly had SO much energy. The more sunny days, the better!

I love a really specific kind of weather day. We get these in spring and fall, and it's just perfect. Basically, it's really cool at night (between 45-55°F), but warms up to 65-75°F in the day. Breezy, but not too windy. Occasional big fluffy clouds, then in the afternoon (between 2 and 4pm) it gets cloudy and we get a little rain. Then it clears out and is breezy and sunny the rest of the day.

Those are my favorite days. It's perfect for outside work in the morning, and inside stuff in the afternoon. No need for any heat or air con, just open the windows. No need to water the garden. Those are my absolute favorite kinds of weather days.

I like it when it is constantly raining. I like the rain and it feels good on my skin so I don't mind getting wet. The extra humidity in the air also makes me feel better for some reason. There is also the famous after-the-rain smell and yes, I do love that smell! And yes, it is difficult to drive in the rain, but I am always extra careful so it doesn't bother me too much. Night rain is dangerous but I tend to drive on the slow side so its not a problem like it would be in the day. When it rains at night and I am in bed, it sometimes helps me sleep and the mornings feel fresher than they would if it didn't rain.

oooh omg weather thread! this is my favorite ice breaker question

I really like cloudy and rainy weather 🌧️

The ambiance it creates is so cozy and calming. The sound of raindrops hitting against the windows feels therapeutic especially when I'm like. indoors with a warm drink or listening to music. Cloudy days have this gentle, diffused light that feels soothing, and plus the earthy scent after rain is just delightful—as people have mentioned lol. I guess this isn't really a type of weather, but I'm also a fan of fog/mist.

I live in an area where there's no snowfall so I'd really love to experience that as well. It looks sooo fluffy and pretty in pictures, although I've heard it's annoying to have to... actually deal with on a daily basis, which is fair enough. As for temperature, I'm not a fan of weather that's too hot or too cold, so like maybe 60 to 65°F would be my preference?

I luv me some crisp fall. Perfect hoodie weather! And also natures fall colors are supurb!

I love when the sun peeks out just after it rains and everything is still damp and the earthy smell is still in the air but it's warming up again. That's my favorite kind of weather to be outside in. I also love thunderstorms and get really excited when they happen at night so I can fall asleep to the sounds of them

Back