• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favorite ingame weather?

Pate and Ketchup

Pan of Lilydew
Bells
Orange Bunny Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Do you prefer when it's sunny or when it rains? Or when it snows? I don't know if thunderstorms occur in this game or if it exists other weathers, feel free to give me some information! I'll discover them while playing but I'm curious haha.
I personally like when it rains. Sunny is not interesting at all. It's just like "normal". Rain is beautiful, in every Animal Crossing game I like the rain and not because the new creatures we can catch, just the atmosphere, the sounds... Clouds in the sky are beautiful too.

And you? Give me your opinion 💛

I really like the snow, maybe because I live in a sunny place and don’t get real snow! And I love seeing the aurora!
But actually what I like best are when there are floaters in the air, if any kind. Maple leaves, snow flakes, etc etc.

I enjoy the thunderstorms the most, I like how dark it gets and the downpour is really fun. Then seeing the lightning in the distance with the sudden lightning hitting nearby is pretty cool and scary. The only bummer is that it only lasts around a hour or so.

I like a lot of the weather systems, the fog is really nice but I never set my game early or wake up early to encounter it enough, haha.

I enjoy the thunderstorms the most, I like how dark it gets and the downpour is really fun. Then seeing the lightning in the distance with the sudden lightning hitting nearby is pretty cool and scary. The only bummer is that it only lasts around a hour or so.

I like a lot of the weather systems, the fog is really nice but I never set my game early or wake up early to encounter it enough, haha.
Agreed...I just never get to witness them, unfortunately.

I don't know if thunderstorms occur in this game

thunderstorms exist! I actually recently had one!

anyways, I'm tbh not sure what I prefer the most. I kinda wanna say thunderstorms, but that may be a bit of recency experience bias talking

probably some sort of rainy weather though. I like rain. it's good aesthetic for variety of ranging tones

Definitely rain, any kind of rain. I'm a pluviophile in real life and in games. I love how it looks, and how it makes everything else look. I love the sound of it. I love the way the music changes when it rains. In real life, I love the smell of it and taking walks in it. People offer me umbrellas, but you can't get rained on if you carry an umbrella. Rain is wonderful. 😊🌧

I love rain and thunderstorms the most. It always makes me so happy seeing the rain fall on the water! I also love the fog.

the rainy one is nice to look at and i like the sounds.. but i think the default sunny one is also really pretty!!!

Personally, I really like it when it is the stormy weather with the thunder and lightning. I remember it being very windy and I could stand outside in the rain to watch the lightning without fear of getting hurt. Then afterwards, if you wait long enough and it is during the daytime, there is a rainbow (sometimes even a double rainbow!)

In real life, I also enjoy thunderstorm but have to watch them from the safety of my house because I would not want to get struck by lightning.

I like the sunny weather best, probably because that's what I prefer in real life. It makes the island seem more cheerful.

383354261_679381894156162_5451854693421272358_n.jpg

I like the foggy days because they don't come around very often and it's a nice change from the normal weather.

I absolutely love the shooting stars, and if you are ever lucky enough to catch an Aurora that is magical 😍

I do love the snow at the beginning of the season. By the end I am fed up and just needing sunshine (a bit like irl tbh 😂)

Always enjoy the snowy weather when it comes back round as Christmas is my favourite time of year and it hardly ever snows where I live so it’s a nice novelty. Though during later January I find I’ve got tired of it and am ready for a change. Do also really like the sunny weather, not as interesting as the snow or thunderstorms but I like how bright everything is.

Rain.
I like the little details about it like the ground sound change, the water animation on the windows when you are inside of a building, how aggressive the water gets at the back of your island, and I like how certain kinds of fish appear more. Even better if it is a thunderstorm.

Rain looks pretty good in this game. Dirt paths also get muddy and detailed, which looks amazing, but doesn't look as nice to walk on. Sunny days are also nice to look at, as well as snowy days. Of course, just like in real life, I get pretty tired of it by mid winter, but it's good while it lasts.

My favorite weather phenomenon in-game, as well as in real life, is fog. Unfortunately, I never play my game that early because the shops don't even open that early under normal conditions. I utilize the Beautiful Island ordinance so I don't need to water the flowers to keep them alive, so Early Bird isn't an option.

Snow is fun since not only do I like snow in real life but it also allows you to catch snowflakes.

The thunderstorms are also pretty cool and atmospheric.

in new leaf, it was 100% rain and thunderstorms, but something about the sound mixing in NH (or just whatever sound effects they were using) doesn't hit quite the same, so for NH specifically, i don't really have one? fog looks nice in photos i've seen, but i've never had the chance to experience it in-game myself, really.

snow would be my least favorite because it really hurts my eyes, and i can't play with the sound on because the constant crunching when you walk on it is lowkey like nails on a chalkboard to me asdfghjk.

I love when it's rainy! Free nice relaxing asmr rain sounds lol

The rarest thunderstorm and fog. Although I'm pretty sure if they were more common, I wouldn't like them as much as I do now.

Back