• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's the nicest, coolest villager you have ever had?

Jables

Overlord Gardener
Bells
Silver Mailbox
Of course, "nicest" is an opinion; my nice may not be the same as yours.
By nicest, I mean someone who sells stuff for cheap to you, goes over to your house frequently, and/or is very active in tourney events.
For me, that is Penelope; AKA the second coming of Bree, the previous nicest villager I had.
Share your thoughts below! :)

For me that would be all of the cranky villagers i've had, that and the normal ones. Limberg was always nice to me so guess him.

My original starter villager back then in 2014 was Avery. He stayed with me for the next 3 years, before I decided to reset my town because I did not like it.
He was usually my best friend even as a cranky villager, and usually, he was never cranky half the time. He would literally visit my house every chance he could get, and would spam letters whenever. I would constantly do favors for him first mostly because I liked him the most in my town in the previous years.

As time grew by, I grew steadily tired of doing the same thing everyday. Everything was getting boring in my town.
I was contemplating whether I should reset my town or change the way it looks.
My Mayor's eyes finally broke me, but I was still stuck on letting Avery go or not.
(In my mind, I was like, SCREW IT, I'M BORED!)

I'm trying to get back into ACNL yet again, but i'm not motivated enough to continue to work on my town ;-;

That's really hard to hear :(
I hope you find the want to join the game again soon :)

Currently, it would have to be Hans. When he first moved in, I was so disappointed. I despised the gorillas, and when I discovered one was moving into my town, right next to my house, I was super frustrated. There wasn't anything I could do, of course, so I had to let him move in.

Go figure he would end up one of my favorite villagers in the entire franchise. He's just so sweet, he rivals my favorite villager spot with Bob. xD;

Felyne and Mitzi. Separate reasons:

Felyne: LOVED his design, he does cute expressions that I smashed through the game store (not really but I scraped my student allowance for his Amiibo and shoved him to my town). I let him wear a police outfit which made him more cooler!

Mitzi: The sweetheart of my town. She always saved me with needed things (like furnitures) and her expressions were just outright darling. (My town flag and Discord emote has her face in!) I would be devastated if she'd move out without me knowing.

Zell! He was in my very first town, and in one of my most recent ones. He was the only villager I ever got to take care of when they were sick, before the update removed that, and I thought it was such a cute idea. Fast forward a few years to now, and he's back in one of my most recent towns. I love him as it is, but he recently gave me a legit painting for free. It almost felt like a late thank-you for taking care of him so long ago! There are other villagers I consider more "favorites" than him, but Zell is always going to be special to me!

Zell! He was in my very first town, and in one of my most recent ones. He was the only villager I ever got to take care of when they were sick, before the update removed that, and I thought it was such a cute idea. Fast forward a few years to now, and he's back in one of my most recent towns. I love him as it is, but he recently gave me a legit painting for free. It almost felt like a late thank-you for taking care of him so long ago! There are other villagers I consider more "favorites" than him, but Zell is always going to be special to me!

Same here :blush:
I'm pretty sure smug villagers give nice gifts more often than many other personality types because Marshal has given me many paintings as well.
Also, I miss taking care of villagers, too.

None in NL.
They've all made me dislike them intensely.

Wolfgang, the way he was in WW.

Last edited:
For me, it's Maple. I have to wake up early for work, so I'm usually in my town during the wee hours of the morning... like before 7 am. No one is awake except Maple. Without fail, she's either walking around town or up and about inside her house. I greet her every single morning and I haven't skipped a day. Plus, she's just so sweet. She doesn't give me many cool items, but you really can't find fault in Maple. I hope she stays forever. Just today, Hopper is wearing the same shirt as Maple - too adorable!

Peewee in Wild World. The cranky personality in WW was a lot better than the one in NL (just my onion) so even though he was just a plain-looking gorilla I thought he was the coolest villager in my whole town lol I was sooo bummed when he unexpectedly moved out. Got him back in NL though and he ain't going nowheres

Peewee in Wild World. The cranky personality in WW was a lot better than the one in NL (just my onion) so even though he was just a plain-looking gorilla I thought he was the coolest villager in my whole town lol I was sooo bummed when he unexpectedly moved out. Got him back in NL though and he ain't going nowheres

I really liked him!
I had him in several of my old WW towns. ^_^

Him and Boone are basically the only ape/monkeys I like.

Last edited:
It was from my old town. Camofrog! At first I moved him into town just because I wanted a grumpy villager and I had his card. But after a while this little crazy eyes looking camouflage frog started to grow on me.
He used to sell me authentic paintings, writing me friendly supportive letters, and he was the only villager that sent me a beautiful purple rose for Valentine?s Day. Even when I didn?t write a letter to him, I used to receive atleast once a week a letter from Camofrog. Time passed, and my town got completed too fast so I got bored of having nothing to do...sold it to Nook and restarted.
But I still miss Camofrog. My town is now full but I could kick someone and invite him back... but it wouldn?t be the same Camofrog :/

Last edited:
I'd have to say Tia (and Erik, but mostly Tia.) She was one of my starter villagers and is now one of my "best friends". She always offers premium prices for bugs and sharks and she's popped by my house more often than the others. I don't even think she's asked me if she should move for the past few months. I have Tia and Merengue, but I'd pick Tia over Merengue any day. (Partially because I like the elephants ability on desert island escape.)

Chevre is by far the sweetest villager in my town. She's always giving me gifts and tips on stuff. I love her :blush:

When I was a kid, like 7, in wild world I had Pecan and she was so nice to me I swear to god we were like best friends and when she moved away I was so sad I reset my town just so I could get her again lmao. idk why but like she always gave me gifts and tips on how to make money around town, and would rave on abt magazines and i just loved her

Diva. I was shocked when she moved in and hated her but she turned out to be the sweetest, most precious villager ever! I hope I'll have her in my new town someday :)

Diva. I was shocked when she moved in and hated her but she turned out to be the sweetest, most precious villager ever! I hope I'll have her in my new town someday :)
I agree so much on this! First time I saw Diva in my town I was like “ok I want her out of here, and SOON”, but then day after day she started to grow on me. She is always nice and gives tips and she’s the only one that gave me medicine when bees stung me! XD
Plus when she’s walking around town she looks like such an elegant lovely lady. She really feels like a sister or an aunt that really cares about you ^^ I will never let her go, now!

Back