• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's the last movie you've seen?

Watched The Polar Express at home with my mom last night because she hadn’t seen it before. I cried during the ending, but not because of the ending. The ending was good. I just cried because I realized the last time I watched the movie was when I was a kid.

But then Zura showed me the Drift Express meme that I had never seen before and I laughed a bunch so it’s all good. :)

We just signed up for Disney+ so today I watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame for the first time. I recently read the book, and obviously the book has a lot more depth to it, but the movie was still fun and enjoyable. A lot of scenes were changed, of course, to make them palatable for a younger age group, but there were still plenty of nods towards the original work. I very much preferred the character of Esmeralda in the movie over the book. I hated the silly love-struck Esmeralda from the book, so it was nice to see her with a little backbone and sass even if she did still love the idiot Phoebus over the kind Quasimodo. Although Phoebus was portrayed in a much better light in the movie, too.

Well, the last movie I decided I could possibly sit through was probably Ralph Breaks the Internet. I was underwhelmed and kept cringing. I mean, it isn't a bad film, it's actually pretty good and got me laughing at some things, but oof. Some things were too much lol

The Steven Universe movie I think? I don’t watch movies too often. It was really good although I haven’t watched Steven Universe Future. I’m not very into the show as much as I used to be, I just kind of lost interest over time. I might get around to it eventually!

The new star wars movie. I knew it wasn't going to be great but then they killed off Kylo Ren. I want to fight Disney.

Downsizing

Seen it before but it's a concept that I find brilliant.
Shame the last third just ruins it

Rewatched Moana for the first time since I saw it in theaters, a lot more fun than I remember it being :O it goes pretty beat for beat in some spots but there's some real fun moments in the film.

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
Suffers greatly from the Disney sequel problem. As soon as the queen was introduced I knew what was coming. I have to say my favorite part of the film was more into Maleficent's history and where she came from, though little was explained about it. That, and the costume design. There is one part of the film where the queen insults Malificent for covering her horns during the pre-marital dinner, saying it made her look cowardly? I do not really see that in this. I know this film is fantasy based, but for the general time period and for politeness, modesty would be seen as empowering and a sign of dignity. If I recall correctly though the queen's hatred of the fae is very purposeless so I guess that is the reasoning? I could literally go on and on about this film.

Anyway, I felt as if Maleficent spoke maybe 20 words tops which was disappointing.
Her English accent was so well done in the first movie.

Last edited:
A drama/fantasy anime called 'Color Full'. A family member and I watched it on a whim, since it looked interesting, despite the fact we never watch animes. It was very intriguing, but I don't know what to think of it. I can confidently say I've never watched a film like that.

Dark Waters
I enjoyed it! Gives you something a little scary to think about.

so i watched this movie last night called SiREN, let me tell you.

do not watch this movie. it was genuinely the worst

The Rise of Skywalker.

I enjoyed it. Do I feel like they could have done a few things better or differently? Sure. But mostly it’s just personal preference for me.

Back