• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's the last movie you've seen?

I, Tonya-8/10
Well acted, interesting style, very funny but still serious enough to have some weight to it.

Watched 'The Guard' last night. Very funny, Irish black comedy with Brendon Gleeson and Don Cheadle.
Not a film for people who dislike swearing and/or unPC jokes though.

I went to see The First Purge on Tuesday, and the last movie I watched at home was Sideways (which I didn't really care for).

Room. I expected to be disappointed since movies based on books tend to not be too good, but I was sooo happy with it. I'd suggest you watch it if you haven't already.

Gangster No. 1, a few days ago on TV. I missed the first 10 minutes or so, but not a bad film. Ultra-violent and a lot of swearing though.

I watched Disney Hercules a few nights ago at home. Can?t remember the last thing I saw in the cinema because I really don?t like going.

Monterey Pop (1968)

watched it last night at friend's place.. whoo so nice to see it all again, last time was in the weirdo cinema ages ago aaa.

Just got done watching Kubo and the Two Strings. Loved it. It was a very nice movie. Loved the acting, the cinematography and the artwork. 8/10

Finally saw Black Panther. Really liked it. The acting was good, so was the cinematography, the fight scenes and it was worth the watch overall. 8/10

Just saw a Quiet Place. It was ok, but it was so full of plot holes that it could be distracting and the pacing was too slow and plodding at points. 4/10

I went to Ant Man and the Wasp with my brother a little while ago ^^ It was pretty good!

Mamma Mia! I think I’m going to see the sequel with my mother this weekend, so I decided to watch it again last night.

Theater: Solo: a Star Wars Story. Han's written like a complete flake, and the swift killing off of 'obligatory smol alien' and 'obligatory fussy robot' strongly indicated that the writers disliked them as much as I did but ran out of time to actually redo them. Note that I've liked the rest of the modern Star Wars movies.
(I think it's mostly on me that I wasn't into it, I don't like the kind of characters that would pit a major plot point on gambling, for example, but can admit that's in Han's character).

At Home: Ratatouille! I watched it with my seven year old cousin and thought it was wonderful. I appreciated that it uses a metaphor for prejudice that actually challenges an assumption the viewer may have (namely that sentient rats ought not be the most sanitary cooks), unlike something like Detroit: Become Human where the robots infamously aren't aesthetically or behaviorally very different from us at all. The writing behind Remy's double life and initial snub from recognition over Linguine is incredibly clever, they felt written from experience. The B plot about Linguine inheriting the restaurant was silly though.

A Quiet Place.

I was really excited to watch it and I wanted to like it but...I did not.

Back