• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the hardest letter for you to write neat?

What's the hardest letter for you to write neat?

• Total voters
Lowercase i probably - I write pretty quickly and messily so the dot ends up connecting with the line thing and it looks like a lowercase l haha

I'd say r & k, I'm a fast writer and those usually never look proper.

I don't really have a problem with writing my letters into words then sentences then a paragraph. I quite like writing tbh :3

For me it's either i, k, o, j and sometimes f.

I voted for i though because that's the one that usually give me the most problems. When I add the dot on top of the line, it's either invisible or a blotted mess.

Second would be k, especially if it's capitalised. I always get one end to be longer than the other or just plain looking weird.

'o' because it's hard to make a perfect circle without using some kind of stencil
and j for the same reasons as the letter i.

and I rarely have problems with the letter 'f' but I do when I start writing faster.

Last edited:
...all of them, according to school.
I write very small and fast, and it looks like doctor scrawl, and although I can read it just fine, not everybody else can...

Unlike most girls, my handwriting is not pretty and bubbly and large. If i want it to look like that, i have to write very slowly. Unfortunately, school didn't allow time for slow writing...

According to everyone I know, they mistake my A's for Cs and Es (I have no idea how they do it).

I don't think I have a problem writing any letter. I take pride in my handwriting. I've always had good penmanship, but in high school I worked on it extensively, trying out different styles to create my own signature way of writing. It's small but neat and includes a mixture of cursive and non-cursive letters.

The one thing that I do have trouble with is the number 3, though. I don't know why, but when I try to write it too quickly, the top half always looks squished and funky. But if I take my time, I can write it just fine.

ALL. I have the typical small and awful handwriting. Have never met anyone who could read my handwriting, especially my signature. When I sign for things at new jobs, everyone has to ask for my name, and when they try to guess what my writing says it's abysmal. Like not slightly off, I'm talking a WHOLE different name, not one letter right. LOL.

I write really, really fast and looking back on old writing I can't even read it myself. I would work on it if it wasn't such a staple of my person at this point. Plus I kind of enjoy it, I don't know. What's worse is my mom is getting a tattoo of something in my handwriting, while sweet I feel so bad for her and whatever people will make of it.

e is a really hard letter for me to write.
It often ends up looking like an o -_-

g and q. I don't know why I struggle with these, but I do. And it looks really bad.

Letters of complaint. It's hard to write neatly when I'm angry that I found a rat in my cucumber.

I'd say e, f and l.
E because I sometime make them look like an i somehow...
And as for f and l, my f looks like and l most of the time.
I really have a bad hand writing so I can't actually write any of the letters correctly, but those are even worse than the others.

No comment, my handwriting is terrible as well... but not because it’s too small, but because it’s too big xD

K would be the hardest one for me, next to upper case R. Whenever I do an upper case R, it looks strange and the K has a tendency to not be complete when I write it. I can't explain anyway else. :/

Back