• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what your favorite console?

I really like the Nintendo Switch and it's the one I spend the majority of my time on now but my favourite of all time is the Gamecube, it's the console I played the most throughout my childhood and there are so many games that I loved on it, including Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash and Pokemon Colosseum which are some of my favourites games of all time. Out of the handheld consoles I really like the DS and 3DS consoles, as well as the Switch, for the range of games that they had (in particular a lot of Pokemon games that I really enjoyed)

I don't really have a strong preference for or aversion from any of the consoles. In my opinion, they are all good.

for nostalgia reasons I'd say 3DS/DS, Gamecube, or PS2
otherwise I'd say switch cuz portability and you can play it as a home console. also PC since a lot games are on it (if PC even counts)

I really like the Switch, but the GameCube is my all time favorite console.
The games for it are just perfect and the controller.. I'd give anything to have the controller for literally every single other console. :D

my favorite console was the GameCube, it was my first home console and I remember playing so much Mario kart double dash as well as Mario Party 7. I also remember playing Paper Mario TTYD, that was such a fun game to go through! I miss all those games. I hope Nintendo brings back some classic GameCube games to the switch so that new and old fans can try them. :)

If only Switch had Virtual Console, free online, usernames instead of FCs, and relied less on Wii U ports, it might be up in my favorites - the ability to play everything handheld is amazing and it is a very comfortable system to play handheld, IMO.

Gamecube remains my favorite, I think. Fantastic games (of which pedigree Nintendo rarely reaches nowadays, IMO), and it's just a simple console with a great controller. Sony's home consoles deserve a mention, though. I've had a lot of fun with them over the years. I just wouldn't know which to claim my favorite.

I mean, the console I used the most (currently) is the Nintendo Switch, but my all time favorite console is by far the Nintendo GameCube.
Lot's of unique and great games :)

3DS or Switch, 3DS/DS because there's a huuuge amount of great games available and the Switch because I like how it's one big screen and how you can hook it up to your tv if you want. I also like the indie games available

PS2 because I spent so many hours on it playing some fun games

Gameboy Advance because it was my first console of my own, I had owned N64, SNES, and Sega but those were passed down from my older brother. The Gameboy was the first one I got brand new and spent maybe thousands of hours playing the Pokemon games

the switch, the only reason why it's currently my favorite is because of new horizons. i don't really play a lot of video games anymore other than ac so the switch is basically my go to. before i had the switch, the 2ds xl was my favorite console. i've had many ds consoles but the xl is my favorite because i feel like it's more light weight than the 3ds and plus i never really used the 3d function. i like the ds family in general because i feel like i could take it places and i could play new leaf anywhere. even though the switch was advertised as portable, i don't feel like i can take it everywhere like i could with my xl. i feel like the switch is too big for that and i liked taking the ds places because street pass was a fun thing if you were out in public.

The Nintendo Switch and GameCube are my favorites! There are lots of favorite games between the two of them, and I tend to like home consoles better. The Switch has the bonus of being portable with a good, sizable screen in comparison to other handhelds, and with Online, many NES and SNES games available.

I'd have to say the switch because of the fact that it can be docked and played in handheld. Its just so convenient and versatile. Other than that I really like the 3DS since it was very portable and also for nostalgic reasons. I have fond memories of cozying up with it in bed or on the couch on a rainy day or lazy afternoon.

The DS Lite was my favorite. My main console growing up was the Gameboy Advance so the DS offered me a place to play backlit GBA games AND DS games too! I loved that if I had my copy of Sapphire in the GBA slot, it would influence what kinds of Pokemon showed up in D/P/Pl.

I also enjoyed playing iconic (?) games like Cooking Mama, WarioWare, and BrainAge on the DS.

I don’t know if I have a favorite console. Two years ago, I would have said ps4 or 2; ps4 preferred though because I can take screenshots and upload them. I liked my 3Ds a lot though never played it in 3D lol. I’d also consider my switch lite because screenshot feature and upload ability,however, I don’t like how some games aren’t compatible with it unless I get a controller. Not a fan of the motion control type of controls anyways like for the mario party in the tbt fair; I prefer the plain old gamecube or n64 controls. They all had something I liked and something I felt neutral about or disliked. I’ll come back and answer again if I can think of a more definite answer.

In terms of nostalgia? ds/3ds, PS2, and the N64.

In terms of what I most enjoy using and has my favourite library- the Switch. Love it.

3DSXL is still my favourite console. To be honest I didn't even play a lot of different games on it (I initially bought it to play ACNL and eventually played a total of 6 games, only 2 of those I played very often), I just like how it felt in my hand and how reliable it was. I never actually used the 3D function though.

Oh man, this is really hard for me...I honestly can't pick between N64, PS2, and Switch. The N64 is just classic, I mean all you have to say is MarioKart. The PS2 library alone was just massive, and at the time, the dual functionality as a DVD player was pretty nice. The Switch being able to dock to a TV, be handheld, AND prop on kickstand and be it's own TV essentially is pretty great. And having a surplus of NES and SNES games available to play is awesome, plus now Super Mario 3D All-stars is also awesome. I love being able to replay all of those!

It’s hard to decide for me! In terms of the actual console, I’d have to say Switch since it’s a hybrid. Being able to play on the big screen and in handheld is a really unique feature, and it’s nice to be able to play the same games at home and on the go. That’s something I didn’t really like about the 3DS/Wii U era. I wasn’t able to play the games wherever I wanted.
Honestly, an honorable mention is the Wii U. I really liked some of the gimmicks added by the GamePad. It felt really natural in a lot of games like Scribblenauts and Pikmin. It also led to some unique party game experiences like in amiibo Festival (gasp) and Wii Party U. There were quite a few Pictionary-like games too that I loved to play with my friends. Nintendo Land was also really good, especially the multiplayer games that let you use the GamePad as a private screen. (And woah, after seeing what I wrote, maybe Wii U is higher up than I thought…)
In terms of actual games, though, I’d have to say GameCube. That had quite a few of my favorites—Mario Sunsine, Luigi’s Mansion, and the original Monkey Ball games. Even though I wasn’t really great at playing any of them, I have so many fond memories of playing (and being frustrated that I didn’t know what to do, lol).

I love the Switch and the 3DS! I am a huge fan of handheld consoles so I got the Switch Light due to the fact that it's about $100 cheaper and I would only really use it in the handheld mode anyways.

Back