• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what your favorite console?

definitely the 3DS and the switch. i love the clamshell design of the 3DS because it keeps the screens safe and makes it easier to carry around and i feel like there's so many possibilities for what it can do having two screens, a stylus, step counter, and gyro! it's a massive improvement on it's predecessors. also a great selection of games thanks to it being compatible with every ds game. as for the switch, i'm really into the motion controls and versatility of the joycons.... shooters with motion controls are THE way to go

definitely the original playstation. first console i actually owned myself and probably the largest library i had up until the digital PSN era 3-5)

in second i'd maybe say the ps2 or a gamecube.

GameCube, Gameboy Advance, 3DSXL :) not a fan of the switch design tbh. it's not very compact unless you get the switch lite, but even then it feels weird not being able to cover the screen like with the Gameboy or DS systems. and joycon drift is the worst lol.

Ugh this is a hard one... N64, GCN or Wii.

With all three i have such good times and such good games syii, if i have to pick one i'll go with N64.

Just cause the childhood beats hard. Diddy Kong Racing, DK64, Mario 64, Smash Bros, Goldeneye, Mario Golf, Mario Party 2 & 3, Wave Race, Rainbow Six, Paper Boy, Yoshi Story, Paper Mario and many others i can't just ignore.

I think I have multiple and it's Nintendo DS/3DS, Gamecube, Wii, Switch, and Gameboy Advance. I don't have a Gameboy or DS/3DS but I'll probably get one in the future again. Most likely just a 3DS though

My slowly dying PSP. I love my Saturn and it still has one of the best Mahjong games ever on it but I got way more use out of my PSP slim that came with Daxter. A game myself and many others are still stuck on the last part of the last boss of the entire game.

Definitely the DS. While it wasn't my first console (it was the Gameboy), I think I spent most of my childhood and early teen years playing DS games. It introduced me to a lot of good game series, such as Harvest Moon, Ace Attorney, and Super Mario, and it had really good Pokemon spinoff games like Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Dash. My favorite games as a kid were Pokemon Pearl and Super Mario 64 DS! Overall it had really fun games and I made a lot of memories with it. My console right now is full of scratches on the lower screen, oops 😅

I can't say I have one, but I have preferences over others.

Like I enjoy the ps4 more then the ps5.
Gamecube had some good games.

I guess ps2 would be my favorite, as I grew up with that.

has to be the 3ds for me, it was the first console that was truly mine and that i didn't have to share with my brother like other consoles we had lol. i recently got it fixed and hacked and i've probably used it more in the past year than i did in the 5 years before it broke lmfao

My favorite is Gamecube for nostalgia reasons and I also love the controller. I also like the Switch for its portability.

I would say my favourite console would be whichever I'm currently playing on. For example, I started with N64 and at the time it was my favourite. Then I got a PS3 and that was my favourite for quite a while. When I got my 3DS, that was my favourite. And now my Switch is my favourite. Whichever console is the one giving me joy in the present day is my favourite hehe.

PS2. It just had such a good and vast library. It also came at that perfect moment where I was soon able to save up my own money (drips and draps of minimal pocket money, but still!) to buy games, thus becoming the first console where I had more than a handful of games. Backwards compatibility was the best for me here too as it allowed me to play a bunch of great PS1 games I could never have when I were younger.

It also had quite a long lifespan before the next gen came around (being relevant for a year or two after that as well) which meant the PS2 followed me from the last year or two of primary school up till collage. That was the console which kept me entertained through some of the most significant periods of growing up.

Also the 3DS. Just such a good console. Street Pass was the real MVP here, absolute sham that the Switch doesn't have it. It was the first time I was able to carry it around with me and have friends to play games with outside though. Previously my friends before this either didn't game or didn't exist, so this was my first real taste of being able to play games together with people on a regular basis.

Well it would be the SNES, because that was the first game console I never owned as a kid and I played so many great games on it like Super Mario World. Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario RPG, and Yoshi's Island just to name a few. I am glad that I can play these games again the Switch under the SNES App since it was a dream playing these games on the go.

GBA and DS is probably my fave era. So I’d probably say DS as the DS can play GBA games. Only downside is it can’t play GBA games in multiplayer.

3DS was definitely one of my favorites. I love handheld gaming and there were so many good games that came out around that time. It was heavier and larger than the previous DS consoles too, which felt nice. (The concept of the switch is super awesome too! the execution left so much to be desired though...)

The Switch and the 3DS are my favourite consoles. With the Switch I have trouble with the joycons sometimes. I really dont want to replace them and they haven't interfered with my gaming too much so its still a good console for me. The 3DS was a huge battery hog but a great console. I really enjoyed connectivity compared to the DS.

I have pretty much every console and a PC but I’m definitely just more inclined to my Xbox more than anything else. I just couldn’t really imagine me ever really switching to another main console. I only have others for their exclusives 😅

The PC. It can do just about anything; Internet, watching videos, listening to music, surfing a little of that "woo-hoo" if you know what I mean, and of course, playing video games.

With more title exclusives being ported to PC everyday, console exclusives are also becoming less of a problem. Still an issue with certain titles like Animal Crossing and Spider-Man Playstation, but still.

Most of my games were bought on PC. I'm also most comfortable on my PC ever since I bought my gaming chair. My Switch requires me to sit on my bed since my wall-mounted TV is positioned behind my chair.

Back