• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

what was your purpose for joining tbt?

i joined for trading purposes. i wanted to get some specific items in nl and i didn’t really have an intention to stay but i’m so glad i did.

I joined to trade for some region locked items in New Leaf. I wanted things like the blossom lantern, hinaningyo, and general's fan which were only available in Japan. So after lurking for a while, I joined and earned some TBT to buy the items I wanted.

Then, I stayed because this community is so awesome and I got hooked.

I wanted to be able to trade items (and maybe even sell/buy villagers) and had heard this was a good site for it. I know some, like Nookazon, tend to be busier... but, well, I haven't heard much good stuff about using them. The feedback system here is FANTASTIC and I have NEVER had a bad experience. The worst thing that's ever happened to me on here was someone forgetting one item in a giant trade- I just shrugged it off as a super easy mistake.

But I didn't join until ACNH was released because, in ACNL, I could get almost every single item I wanted eventually. With the limits ACNH put on getting items, you're almost forced to trade... or pray for AMAZING RNG luck with tree drops/Redd items. As glad as I am that I joined (trading has been helpful and I've had good experiences with the people here), I'm still a bit peeved at Nintendo for forcing so much socialization in this game. I mean, this ain't Pokemon. We shouldn't NEED to trade 😛

I joined because I finally decided to pursue my dreamies in New Leaf and I believe I saw someone giving one of them away! My memories a bit dodgy though so maybe I'm not remembering all too correctly. It could have just also been because I wanted to start playing online and trading. Before joining the forums, I had *never* played online before. So it kind of brought a fresh perspective to the game for me after i joined ^_^

I joined to do some trading in New Leaf because I didn't have New Horizons yet at the time so I was playing New Leaf again out of jealousy 😅 I had never done any trading before or really engaged in any AC community but I found this place as one of the only active places for New Leaf trading in 2020.

Turns out this place is just the best place ever 🥺 I'm glad I found my way here

I dont really recall.
I believe I joined when I got a new 2ds so I could use amiibo in new leaf
Guess I was just hyped to get back into the game? Dunno

I came back because I remembered the site from when I first joined and wanted a place to talk acnh

Basically just trading items in Animal Crossing and trading or giving away my items to those who need it. :)

TBT Collectible collecting is pretty fun as well but not as high of a priority, though I do like trying to keep my lineup in-theme for each month.

I originally joined the forums because at that time I was in a group with a bunch of people who were from TBT, though I never really had a reason to be here so I just never posted and forgot about the forums after awhile. I ended up coming back in April 2020 after New Horizons came out, when I noticed the link to the forums on AC World and remembered I had an account here. I decided to do some trading here after seeing all the threads in Nook's Cranny, and eventually just stuck around on the forums even once my trading activity had died down.

I don’t remember, but I joined when I started playing NL so I can imagine I was just looking for somewhere with people I could talk to about the game as well as trade with! as my NL playtime died down I forgot about tbt but when NH came out I remembered the great community here and I’m so happy to be back

I lost my first copy of New Leaf (after I had put like 1200 hours into it) so I had to start over and wanted to get as many items as fast as possible! Kinda glad that it led to TBT, this is a great community

I joined for the streetpass balloons from New Leaf because I wanted them all !

I joined as I wanted to get Bianca for my new leaf town. First trades are very scary 🥺 Must have been totally traumatised as I didn’t start posting until new horizons came out. Everyone was so lovely and friendly I stuck around. Now you can’t get rid of me 😆

I have no friends that are playing Animal Crossing, so I joined back when I was searching mainly Villagers for New Leaf.
Never regretted joining. :D
Such a fun place and the TBT currency + collectibles are adding a lot to the forum aswell, instead of just talking we can
hunt for cool things 😎

I came across tbt when I started trading for NH and didn't really had the intention to join a online community (I hadn't done that in years :/ ) but somehow I've stuck around since then and enjoyed all the people I've came across & the events that happened here. In rl, I don't have many friends that play AC or even nintendo so this was a great feeling to hang out with other people enjoying the franchise =)

Honestly, I'm not sure? A friend got me to join during New Leaf, but I never, ever played that game with anyone here (unless Club Tortimer counts.).
It seems so strange to join a forum like this without intending to play the game with others, but here I am.

I wanted a more solid place to receive news and read discussion about NH when it came out.
I also wanted to try and find someone selling Pietro.

I had heard of TBT before this though, but I just hadn't joined because I'm honestly not a very social person. I'm still surprised to this day how much this forum has coaxed me out of my shell. I remember really struggling to type my first posts here. Now I most likely talk a bit too much.​

I remembered it fromw playing wild world,even though I didn't join back then. But when playing newleaf for the first time I immediately looked up this site again and joined, and than around the start of ACNH rumors I came back again haha. But this last time I stayed a lot longer and more active :)

i had made some friends online from new leaf and after using a few chat rooms one of them recommended we join this site. i used tbt to talk to them for a while but then we all stopped playing i guess? idk haha i came back years later to see about ordering another slushie machine since i had restarted my original town and didnt have a few of the limited time items.. and then i came back when new horizons was released so i could get different town fruits, and ive been mostly using the site for interacting with other people in the community since then but i do trade or visit other people occasionally

Back