what was your purpose for joining tbt?

The old thread I joined started getting really mean and the people weren't nice...so I decided to join here and was amazed at how positive and friendly everyone was! I joined and have been on for about 2 years now and still love it.

Last edited:
To be able to ask questions since New Leaf was my first Animal Crossing game. ^_^

To help my Japanese friend trade regional exclusives in other regions with Japanese players. Okay, I'm gonna be honest. I wanted to stop him from duping stuff, by supplying legit items one after another like forever.

He's been my very personal friend. And he doesn't play AC anymore. I miss the time we were hanging out.

I joined to get items and villagers from people.

To play with people cause I can never make friends but it backfired terribly now I feel like everyone hates me and I don't really go on tbt anymore because it makes me depressed.

I was bored on Christmas break and played lots of ACNL. I had a problem and googled it, this site was the first hit in the search. I just joined because I could and like to register everywhere as early as possible, but I only got active a few days ago.

Mainly to just get items and villagers I didn't have in ACNL, and just to visit other towns and such. I don't really do that anymore though.

I joined to find my dreamies! I already have found two and I am still working to find the other eight!

I joined for finding friends in Wild World. Man did it die shortly after that.

in relation to over many years, how active is tbt now?
is it considered like moderate, active or dead now ( just asking cuz uve been here a long while)

i joined because i had to restart Animal Crossing : New Leaf , and i really wanted my Rosie again. but i ended up staying because i like how nice most of the people are around here , that and its a very active site!

in relation to over many years, how active is tbt now?
is it considered like moderate, active or dead now ( just asking cuz uve been here a long while)
I honestly expected it to be me, Jake, the Staff and former staff at this point. In the olden days usually a year or two after the release people lose interest and stop talking about it. ACNL is the outlier though I'd argue Amiibo cashgrabs HHD and Amiibo Festival/Party gave us an extra burst.

i joined here so i could talk about ac with other people who really enjoy it.

i... actually don't talk about ac here as much as i thought i would when i joined, though. well, compared to how much i talk about other things on here. but that's definitely not a bad thing. in fact, it's probably made me come here more often than i would've done if this forum was only about ac :D

Last edited:
I actually joined strictly out of curiosity. But then I saw you could actually adopt villagers and I was hooked.

I joined because Animal Crossing is my absolute favorite game of all, and TBT is the best forum for it. Even before my account was made, I was lurking for months.

Sometimes a google search for acnl help would lead me to a thread here. I noticed how kind people were, unlike a lot of other forums I lurk, and decided to overcome my usual shyness and join in. The rest is history. ^u^

Last edited:
I joined because my best friend was on here for ages and she always showed me heaps of art of her mayor people made for her and would always talk about her friends on here so I decided I would join in on the cool community (and I'm kinda addicted to Animal Crossing Games so)

I joined, because shortly after I got AC:NL, I found out about how you can connect online to it (I usually played single-player games so it was a new thing for me except for the wireless communication bit xD), and I first joined GameFAQs. I cringed so much. People on there were rude, I rarely got a trade to go through, people stole/duped (I usually only play legit, so it really irked me when everyone asked me to dupe or borrow my stuff to dupe), etc.

My first trade on GameFAQs, I wanted some perfect fruit. When the person came over, they gave me perfect fruit baskets that say '0' fruit, and I was like "wtf you ripped me off". Turns out with a little research, they're perfect fruit spawners which I now have hidden in the deepest darkest part of my town so no one sees or finds them; they still kinda creep me out a bit tbh. In the process of looking up the weird 0 fruit baskets, I found a thread on TBT that explained them. I explored a bit, and the people seemed friendly, and it was active, so I joined, hoping I could finally get some LEGIT perfect fruit.

And here I am, over a year later, with my town even worse than when I joined; but at least I finally got some fruit.

Back