what was your purpose for joining tbt?

It was a couple days before ACNL came out here and I deliberately went looking for an active forum I could join to meet people to play online. I was already familiar with TBT from ACWW days and was happy to see it was still around.

I pretty much joined solely because someone encouraged me too. It was only a few months later that I was actively participating on any of the forum boards though.

tbh I just needed a place to kind of ramble about my special interest since none of my friends really like it so I can't ramble about it often ;v;

Probably just to talk to other people/be around other people that play ACNL. I didn't know anyone irl who played it at the time, and I thought TBT looked friendly enough. It took me like a year to finally start trading with other users because I wanted to get all of my villagers first, but it eventually happened and it was really helpful :) Lately, I've just been sticking around to kill time.

Last edited:
so that i could have a place where i was constantly frustrated with people's stupidity. also bc i was greedy and wanted igb

I know this thread is very old, but I just want to tell the truth of the real reason I joined this site in the first place. I came from a site called Nookazon and I posted on here to express how much I dislike the site, but sadly I started to handle things poorly. I started lashing out at people, only because they were helping me, but I let my anger get the best of me. Since then I gotten my first warning point. It wasn't a good impression it was my fault either way because I was foolish.

Then I started making threads about the game. Stuff I liked, disliked, and what I thought could improve on the game. At first things were going well but then I started getting attacked by certain people. I was free sharing my opinions on how I felt about New Horizons. I didn't say or call anyone names, I did not insult people. I feel like this is some sort of false reporting. I was trying to express how my thoughts are on the game and now I get a warning saying are how I'm the toxic one? There were many users who were attacking me just because I had a different opinion on how I felt about the game.

Here I was thinking this website would be a good way to express myself and of course I was told by others that its a nice community here. I haven't been treated fair ever since I got here. First I got a warning for me saying "whatever" during the time I made that Nookazon Moderators Rant, then I got 2 warnings for me having a different account when I was trying to start over and I was NEVER given the chance to select the account that I wanted. Instead I was forced to use this account.

I am not here to start any arguments but I just want to clear this whole confusion thing up. I got attacked by other users who kept assuming that I only post "negative" things about the game when in reality I've spoken about good things about the game and not just negative. Sure there are times I was hard on the game but I am not one of those people who is like "I hate this game so much" I am not like that at all. Many people on this site don't seem to understand the difference between having an actual valid opinion and then having to be attacked by others who simply don't agree with you. Its a hurtful feeling.

Since then it only gotten worse. I try so hard to be positive and pretend like everything is okay, but it is not okay because I find myself just finding it so hard to even try to ignore my problems and it becomes worse for me. Even when I try to open up a little bit, some people think I'm just overreacting or thinking that I am making the whole thing up. I don't expect anyone to feel bad for me or even open up to me, because I don't want to ruin their day or waste their time trying to solve my problems. Its something only me can solve. Of course I tell myself "well why I am saying this when I isolate myself?" Truth be told its because I have trust issues, due to being hurt so many times in the past and being mistreated.

I don't deserve to be happy not after all the things I've said and done, I am just someone who has suffered through too much pain and whenever I do try to feel happiness its like its there at one point and it fades away. I know it should not be this hard but it is as someone who has an autistic disorder and suffers from depression. I just realized that this site wasn't for me because I ended up saying things that I regret saying and all those warning points were really reminding me so much of what I've done.

So as of April 20, 2021 I decided to quit using this site. I just want to say this I'm so sorry everyone. I'm sorry to all the people I hurt. I'm sorry to anyone who was offended by my words or actions, but I just can't take this pain anymore. Feel like everytime I use this site I just feel like getting silenced or getting into trouble so easily. It has not been a good time for me. I know nobody would care if I leave this site for good since they got tired of me speaking, but for the sake of my mental health I am going to be leaving this site. I guess this is it for me. Goodbye Bell Tree Forums.

Last edited:
Joined to make ACNL friends and then ACNH friends. Have made a lot of good memories along the way and I still love the site, but now I’ve been here for too long. Sadly most other forums are either dead or terrible these days...

I joined to trade online with people back in the New Leaf days and stayed because this community is awesome!

I believe I joined TBT to trade since I wanted the 7-11 set really bad and other items. I was really nervous about trading and again after I returned from my NL hiatus, but I am glad I decided to try something outside my comfort zone. I normally don’t like multiplayer and am awkward at socializing yet I made so many friends and good memories here and have some friends I hang out pretty regularly in game 😊.

I had been thinking about leaving a few times, but I am really glad I haven’t. I have so many friends here, I love the contests, browsing the museum and seeing how creative and talented everyone on here is, trading even though I suck at the selling part of it 😅. And a lot of people here are accepting of my opinions and me in general which is really nice 🥺 since i don’t fit in really anywhere usually.
Post automatically merged:

oops forgot to mention i joined when i was playing NL.

pretty positive I just joined cause my brother joined a few months before I did in order to show off an AC related project he was working on and he ofc had me helping him out with it. but because he noted the game was basically gonna be a ROM hack of... I think AC:GCN? he was told by a staff member that he wasn't allowed to discuss it on the forum, so he became inactive.

anyways yeah I basically joined because he did and I was also very inactive until about June 2016 :>

Back