• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What was the first video game you played?

This
View attachment 227600
On this
View attachment 227601

I don't know if this is considered a “video game” but it’s an educational game on a educational game system. I don’t know exactly when I first played it but I had to be less than 5. My first Nintendo game was Donkey Kong country returns for the Wii (I was born in the mid 2000’s so I couldn’t of played classics on the NES or gameboys like all ya’ll :p)

Last edited:
I don't remember, but I think it must've been ocarina of time. I remember seeing my older siblings playing it and I played it in secret without any of them knowing. I don't remember how far I got. Later I replayed it and loved it. Still do and got to beat it without any strategy guide. (maybe it's an easy game, but that was one of my proudest moments in my early gaming.)

mine was actually animal crossing city folk. it'll always be my favourite. my mom played it so the game would progress and gave me tons of bells. my room was full of sweets furniture and computers, my two true passions. it actually taught me how to read. every time i would talk to a villager she would read it out loud for me and eventually i could read it on my own.

I'm not even going to try to remember all those Flash games or arcade games. I got my first system (DS Lite) in fourth grade i think. My first game was Treasure Planet GBA.

I'm having a hard time remembering. It had to either be the first Animal Crossing (Christmas morning 2002), or Super Mario Sunshine. I bet it was AC.

I was really little, so I can't remember much...
What I do distinctly remember is playing Spyro: Year of the Dragon on the PS1.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was really little, so I can't remember much...
What I do distinctly remember is playing Spyro: Year of the Dragon on the PS1.

I can't be sure, the earliest I can remember is playing Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time-- what a time to alive amirite

I remember when I was really young I would always watch my dad play Mario Kart Wii. I tried playing it but was really bad and came last in every race. I would always tell my dad to race on Grumble Volcano though because that was his least favourite track and the one he found the hardest.

Pretty sure it was Mario Kart on the Wii back in 2008! I was four at the time and me and my dad would play constantly. I should play it with him soon for old times' sake.

Pok?mon Silver or one of the older LoZ games, I believe it was LoZ: Link's Awakening on the Gameboy? It must have been in color, but for some reason I remember it in black and white. I played both of those games before I could even read, and continued to do so after I could read. Pok?mon Silver especially has a special place in my heart, I had to of played through the entire game dozens of times.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Sega Genesis. That was the first console I ever owned and the first game I owned for it. My dad and I played it for HOURS.

Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak. It was actually a fun game and required brain power.

It was either that or Pokemon Stadium 1. I can't remember exactly which I played first.

I was probably only 2 years old when I first played video games. If memory serves me correct, I played Super Mario Bros. 3, and the rest is history.

lalaloopsy: carnival of friends. it was a very fun game, and i loved lalaloopsy at the time cuz i was a child.

Last edited:
Back