• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was the first animal crossing game you played?

Which animal crossing did you first play?

• Wild World

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • City Folk

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • New Leaf

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Happy Home Desginer

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Amiibo Festival

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Pocket Camp

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • New Horizons

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Wild World as I never had a GameCube as a kid. I recently picked up the OG game though so better late than never.

I was never into Animal Crossing until later on, so it’s Happy Home Designer for me! 😊

Mine was wild world too, didn't play all that much but I remember some of my villagers and because I had fun I got new leaf with the 3ds and thats when I really got hook to the series 😌

New Horizons. However, I've always been interested in the series, having watched Vinny Vinesauce and chuggaaconroy's playthroughs of New Leaf. When I first got ACNH, I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's become one of my favorite games!

Animal Crossing Population Growing! Many tears were shed by the words of Resetti back in those days! I still listen to the gamecube music sometimes on Spotify. It's got my favorite Animal Crossing soundtrack to date. I'm fortunate to still have my original town for that game saved. It's fun to go back and check out what's going on in that town sometimes. :) It's been almost two decades!

my introduction to the series was new leaf! i kinda feel like i never heard anything about animal crossing until just before it released. and i've loved the series ever since! i think it was a pretty good game to introduce anyone new to the franchise :lemon:

New leaf 😭 and i remember how addicted i was 🙈, i LOVED it ( no worries ill leave at that haha )!

I actually bought the switch cause when covid hit us i had tons of time on my hands and it was at that time i realized that there was a new console and a new AC release so of course i indulged my self and jump in.

Now i am impenitently waiting for the next AC 😂
Post automatically merged:

My first Animal Crossing game was the original one on the GameCube! I've managed to play every main series game to varying degrees since then.
Woow thats soo cool 🤩!

Happy Home Designer was my first Animal Crossing game, even if it's just a spinoff, and not one of the main games in the series.

I actually never heard of Animal Crossing as a kid until I got into it when I was a teenager, and then I started playing New Leaf soon after.

wild world was my first animal crossing game! my mom bought a copy of it for me for christmas one year, along with a grey ds lite and a couple of other ds games. i was pretty young when i got it, so i had absolutely no idea what i was doing and honestly didn’t cherish it as much as i should have, but it was still my favourite game for several years, and i loved it so so much ^^

My first was the one for Gamecube (cast my vote for Amiibo Fesitval since GC wasn't an option lol). I don't remember too much about it tbh since I was so young, but I really enjoyed the relaxed gameplay. It was fun to wander around and not really know what's going on, but it definitely didn't have much of a hold on me because I didn't play another AC game until New Leaf. I'm only just now revisiting GC and it's cute. Definitely still very relaxed, and I like that I'm so limited with outside decorating because I don't feel any kind of pressure to worry about it. I'd still like to cut down and replant a bunch of trees, but that's not terrible to wait to do.

My first game in the series was Dōbutsu no Mori for my N64. Honestly I was so young that I barely remember anything, just that I could never get past the first house upgrade or Or maybe I did? I had a crush on the girl from the Wanted persons poster and a few tangent memories related to walking around my town or filling up my house with stuff. To be honest I don't even really remember my villagers but I feel like that'll come back to me if I ever replay the game again.

For real though, I'm going to cry. Why is my first game not on the poll? I would have also accepted Population Growing as a close second since they're basically the same game but with DLC. I feel like so many people on this forum started with that one and it's sad to not see it on here.

Mi primer juego en la serie fue Dōbutsu no Mori para mi N64. Era tan joven que apenas recuerdo nada, solo que nunca podía avanzar más allá de la primera mejora de la casa. ¿O tal vez sí lo hice? Tenía un enamoramiento por la chica del cartel de personas buscadas y algunos recuerdos tangenciales relacionados con pasear por mi pueblo o llenar mi casa con cosas. Para ser sincera, ni siquiera recuerdo realmente a mis aldeanos, pero siento que eso volverá a mí si alguna vez vuelvo a jugar al juego.

Tío, voy a llorar. ¿Por qué mi primer juego no está en la encuesta? También habría aceptado 'Populación: ¡en aumento!' como un cercano segundo, ya que son prácticamente el mismo juego. Mucha gente en este foro comenzó con ese juego y me hace sentir un poco triste por no verlo aquí.

Last edited:
Wild World was my first game, then came the OG Gamecube after. I didn't hear about Animal Crossing until my brother's birthday back in 2006, my brother didn't want the game so he gave it to me and I had a blast with it. Now I'm a veteran part of the Animal Crossing Franchise as a whole.

(Though, I did remember seeing the Gamecube Animal Crossing commercial back then, but I didn't ask to get it as I was too young to understand what was going on in that commercial, plus I may have seen it as boring as I liked games where it gets your adrenaline a rush as a kid. But boy if I did get it I would have liked nobody in that game. Everyone would be so mean to me I'd most likely not touch that game in years)

I do not like admitting the fact that my first AC game was Pocket Camp. After that I got New Leaf, which was my first mainline game, so I much rather prefer saying it's that. But it unfortunately isn't New Leaf.

My first Animal Crossing game I played was the GameCube version. I was 10 back when all three of us kids played it. We even fought over our original town, so we ended up having our own towns later on.

My question is, why isn’t the GameCube version on the poll?

My question is, why isn’t the GameCube version on the poll?
Beats the crap out of me. It really seems strange since the GameCube version was the one that started the whole fandom, up to and including this very post. It also seems that-- at least from other people's posts-- there's more than a few users who started with the GameCube.

City Folk for me. I was 10 when I started playing the game, and of course, had little knowledge of what to do in that game. All I wanted to do was ride the bus to go to the city! 🤣 (Though I didn't start taking Animal Crossing seriously until 2018 after picking up New Leaf and a 3DS for cheap)

Going a bit off-topic, I got hooked, and my hype for (then-newly announced) New Horizons was super strong. I really, really, REALLY wanted to play it, and actually stood in a GameStop line the morning of release day, not caring at all about what was going around at the time. The only other time I've waited in a video game-related line was to (unsuccessfully) purchase a PS5.

Unsurprisingly, some of the other men in line that had a resemblance to me were wanting Doom Eternal, which was released on the same day. Almost all of the women in line were getting New Horizons. What was surprising, however, was that several people bought both. It's so weird considering that both games are completely different genres, but New Horizons actually won over some manly crowds later on. I even saw some art of Isabelle fighting demons with dual-wielded weapons, and Doom Guy as a player character relaxing on a sunny beach. The fact that two completely separate gamer crowds banded together as one to celebrate both games was very heartwarming.

Wild World was my first! I really enjoyed it. I was also a child and didn’t know what I was doing. New Leaf was what really got me hooked.

Back