• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Did you ever play Wild World online back in the day?

Holla

🌸
Bells
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
I know the online servers shutdown years ago but I never realized Wild World could be played online back in the day. I never had wifi so that’s probably why. I didn’t get to play City Folk online either. It wasn’t until New Leaf. Now it’s shutting down too… :(

Nope, I didn’t start using online until New Leaf either because I had nobody to play with anyway - nobody I knew played Animal Crossing

Of course, I met someone and made some friends thru them too; was regularly hanging out and always excited to hang out with them when their gate opened. Always around 8pm I think :)

I'm in a similar boat and loved both Wild World and City Folk but never played online. I skipped New Leaf so New Horizons was the first animal crossing game I played online / multiplayer!

I remember the first (and only) time I played Wild World online was shortly before the servers shut down. I had someone from a message board come to my town to help me get the final Nook store. Now I just own multiple Wild World copies, so I can get it on my own. I will say, though, that I got Blanca in my town at one point (don't remember how) and she had the creepiest face on her. She had a face drawn to look like the Joker's face from Batman... it freaked me out.

All the time! I used to visit other people and just run around, see what they did with their towns. It was really great. The one issue is some people would “seed” (hack) museums in front of gates or the shop effectively ruining the hosts town. It never happened to me but it always put fear in my heart having people over lol

Nope because unfortunately I didn't get it until after Nintendo Wi-fi Connection was shut down. I know the fans have made a work around, but my internet isn't compatible with it, in fact I lost access to DS online before it was actually shut down.
I actually could have gotten Wild World sooner. I vaguely remember the employee at GameStop trying to describe Tom Nook to me. But that day I was focused on getting Pokemon DS/GBA games and I wasn't allowed to spend too much.

I tried to play it online back when it was first released! However, as it turned out, my internet just would not work for video games back then, and wouldn't for the longest time (outside of, like, GTS for the Pokemon games), so by the time I could've actually played it online, unfortunately the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection servers were already shut down. Thus I was unable to ever upgrade my Nookway to Nookington's. ah well, I guess I would more than make up for it years later, lol.

Sadly, no. I was 5-7 years old when I got Wild World, and I was younger than 10 when I stopped playing. I was a very dumb kid and it took forever for me to ask my mom to connect my DS Lite to the internet so that playing online was even possible. I don’t think I even fully realized that I could play with others. 😭

Even when my mom connected my console to the internet, I didn’t know anyone else who played and I wasn’t in any communities like this one, so I never had anyone to play online with, anyways. I didn’t play an AC game online until New Leaf.

• Hug
Reactions: Doo
I tried to play it online back when it was first released! However, as it turned out, my internet just would not work for video games back then, and wouldn't for the longest time (outside of, like, GTS for the Pokemon games), so by the time I could've actually played it online, unfortunately the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection servers were already shut down. Thus I was unable to ever upgrade my Nookway to Nookington's. ah well, I guess I would more than make up for it years later, lol.

You know what, now that I think about it even if I had wifi back in the Wild World/City Folk days my internet likely wouldn’t have worked either. Pretty sure I had dial up speeds back then… Even New Leaf and games on my Wii U struggled back in their heyday. Internet really was bad where I used to live…

Yes, I would go to YouTube videos of people's friend codes and add random people in the comments. Sometimes we would message enough to actually get to playing. It never was more than trading fruits and just looking around and then leaving, but that was my first experience ever playing an online game.

i played wild world online back in the day. i dont remember much from that time though.

I played Wild world back in the day, and online too, in fact that's when I started getting into forums like these. I remember visiting my brothers town on AC GC using a memory card in slot B, so the ability to use Wi-Fi was such an improvement.

Yes, more than I played New Horizons or New Leaf online honestly. I even made friends from playing Wild World online lmao. I wonder what they're up to now

I didn't even know Wild World was a thing until coming across this forum years ago. I thought there was just a long drought between the GameCube game and Animal Crossing City Folk. Still haven't played Wild World yet, but got the Virtual Console version from the Wii U's eShop before that shut down since it doesn't require the online functionality to fully upgrade the shop.

I was too young to know how all the online multiplayer stuff worked for WW and CF, and oblivious to most online communities until I was in high school LOL... So New Leaf was the first one I played online. Maybe I'll figure out the unofficial wifi stuff for Wild World someday to play with friends, but for now it's just my "chill for an hour or so in the evening" game anyway so I don't feel like I'm missing out TOO much as is.

I played Wild World though I don’t remember anything other than I had Dotty. I didn’t play it even as close as much as I played NL and NH. So I probably didn’t play it online.

I did on this forum back in 2005-2007! They're some of my best memories of Animal Crossing and I still talk to some of those same people today that I played with back then.

A fun fact about Wild World's online though is the many weird quirks and restrictions it had that newer players could barely imagine existing. For one, there was a strict limit of 2 players in a building at a time when playing online. So for example, you couldn't have more than 2 people inside Nook's at a time to sell and buy items or inside the Museum poking around. Everyone would take turns lining up outside to enter a building waiting for someone else to leave! Another restriction is there was no ability to send letters to other players online either, unless you were already in their town and dropped it off at their Post Office.

Don't believe I ever had. Sure, I wanted to but never had the chance to. My very first online experience in the Animal Crossing series is way back in City Folk in December 2012. My very first person I played with was someone named Cope and we had fun together.

I'm not sure if I wanna play Wild World online now, considering how lackluster everything is.

Back