• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was the first animal crossing game you played?

Which animal crossing did you first play?

• Wild World

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • City Folk

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • New Leaf

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Happy Home Desginer

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Amiibo Festival

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Pocket Camp

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • New Horizons

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Darcy94x

tired mama
Bells
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Red Rose
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
Red Lily
Red Lily
Just curious! My first was wild world but I was an actual child and I had no clue what I was doing but I do remember playing and that’s what enticed me to get city folk & new leaf and so on😊

New Leaf after the price went down to $20. I ended up with three copies somehow but it’s okay as I have three different 3DS to travel between Towns.

ACNH was my first but I have dabbled in new leaf and wild world. I do wish I had those games in their day though. They feel pretty dated now with all the freedom you get in ACNH, but wild world's dialog was good and I loved the pwp in new leaf and wish they kept that for special large items. I don't miss the grass deterioration. Idk who thought that would be a good feature to put in there.

The first game in the series that I played was the first one release internationally, Animal Crossing for the GameCube. I went to visit a friend at their house one day as a kid and they were playing it, so I very soon thereafter asked my parents to get me a copy so my friend and I could play together.

Been a fan more or less ever since. Didn't know about Wild World until years after it was released, purchased but couldn't enjoy City Folk for numerous reasons, but gave New Leaf a chance and fell in love with it. Didn't bother with Happy Home Designer. Was initially interested in but soon decided not to get Amiibo Festival, got New Horizons and enjoy it, and don't play mobile games so I never bothered with Pocket Camp.

My first time playing Animal Crossing was on the Gamecube! It was my cousin's game and we would play every time we had sleepovers. After that, I ended up buying Wild World for myself and have been pretty hooked since!

My first Animal Crossing game was New Leaf. Back then, I had heard about the series, but I wasn't quite sure if it was my cup of tea. I mean, come on, talking animals and village life? Seemed a bit odd to me.

But oh boy, was I wrong! As soon as I booted up New Leaf on my 3DS, I was hooked. The charming characters, the relaxing music, the adorable little town – it all drew me in like a moth to a flame. I found myself spending hours fishing, catching bugs, and running errands for my quirky animal neighbors.

Still, there was a small part of me that wished I had discovered the series earlier. You see, I had heard about Animal Crossing on the GameCube, but I brushed it off, thinking it wouldn't appeal to me. Now I look back and regret not giving it a chance back then.

But hey, better late than never, right? New Leaf opened my eyes to the wonderful world of Animal Crossing, and I've been a devoted fan ever since.

My first animal crossing game was for GameCube . Was my favorite game when I was young. I wish I still had that one not really sure what happened to it.

It was the GameCube version. I picked it up along with a bunch of other GC games from GameStop because it was dirt cheap and I needed games for the GameCube I had recently bought. I expected it to be a game I might play once or twice and then never play again, but as soon as I started it I was instantly hooked. A week later I had Wild World and a preorder for New Leaf, and 3 months later I used my birthday money to buy myself a Wii specifically for City Folk. The series pretty much became my life for the next few years.

I feel like I'm a little late to AC because my first game was New Leaf. I don't think I'd even heard of Animal Crossing before that title tbh??? Kid me honestly lived under a rock idk. Having played New Horizons though, New Leaf is still my favourite game by a longshot. But at the same time, I don't feel like I can go back to play it because of the quality of life changes I've grown accustomed to in New Horizons... truly a dilemma.

I feel like I'm a little late to AC because my first game was New Leaf.
You aren't late at all! A lot of people in the community stated with NL, myself included. Then again, I'm probably not the best source of information since I'm definitely on the younger side as far as TBTers go and thus wouldn't have been around to know what the previous games were like.

My first was Wild World back in like 2014 or so. A family friend gave me his son’s old chonky DS, and I asked for ACWW 😄

The Gamecube game was my first Animal Crossing. I've played every one since and it's among my favorite series.

Wild World. I was 10 at that time. It was interesting at first, but without any holidays it just felt repetitive. I also was not interested in fishing and bug catching, so that limited what I could do. As a result, I just kept resetting until I accidentally discovered the stories behind the NPCs whenever they sighed. I sold that game once I got New Leaf.

Still, I wish that Nintendo will make another AC game with some lore in it.

Wild World - got it when it first came out and was obsessed with it for ages, had a lot of fun playing hide and seek with friends and meeting all the villagers for the first time but didn’t really appreciate completing the museum enough

My first Animal Crossing game was New Leaf. I was sorting falling out of Pokemon and wanted to try something different so I decided Animal Crossing since it was part of the deal I got for my 3DS. The game exceeded my expectations and I spent many hours on it.

Wild world was my first one! I loved that game so much and played it all the time, and it was one of my first experiences being able to play a game with a friend.

Back