• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What song was #1 the day you were born?

The number one song was lost in your eyes by Debbie Gibson. I've never listened to it or heard of the song but I know of the artist and she's very talented. It definitely sounds like the music of that era too.

Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough by Patty Smyth and Don Henley. (Got a different result for US, but this was the number 1 song in Canada at the time!) Oddly appropriate song choice for this period in my life.

Alright so locally my song is "Mais qui est la belette ?" by Manau, and in the US it's I'm Your Angel by R. Kelly and Céline Dion
I don't know any of those lmao

i’m in the uk so it might be completely different for other people, but in the uk the number one song on the 24th october 2003, was hole in the head by sugababes… and i’m just showing my age rn 🙄

Here's a good site, gives a few different countries too.

• The Bluebells: Young At Heart (UK)
  • Snow: Informer (US)
  • Ugly Kid Joe: Cat's in the Cradle (Australia)
  • Ace of Base: All That She Wants (Germany)
  • Duran Duran: Ordinary World
I have literally only heard of one of these.

My birthday number 1 in the UK was 'Ferry Cross the Mersey' by The Christians, Holly Johnson, Paul McCartney, Gerry Marsden and Stock Aitken Waterman. Still not a patch on the original by Gerry and the Pacemakers!

Flava by Peter Andre (never heard of the song) in the UK and the good old Macarena in the US

Apparently 'Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)' by Baz Luhrmann. I've looked this up before but otherwise I never would have heard of it.

Edit for the US #1: If You Had My Love by Jennifer Lopez.

Last edited:
I looked it up and "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison was #1 on my birthday. Interesting, because in the past when I searched this I'm pretty sure it gave me a different song and artist. "Two Hearts" by Phil Collins (or Genesis?) I think.

Either way, I'm not big on 80s music. I don't think I've ever even heard the Poison song to begin with.

Monkey by George Michael.

Livin’ La Vida Loca

It’s not one of my favorite songs, but it‘s iconic and solid. I respect it. This is a fun one to land on.

Back