• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Songs you once liked that were ruined by the media?

I love Helden von Heute by Falco but a certain company uses it in all of their ads and now I always have to think of the company when I hear the song and I hate that fact.

Now, please enjoy, because it's actually an awesome sound.

Sunroof by Nicky Youre & dazy. Great song that I still like, but when it came out I loved it. Over time hearing it constantly on the radio for at least a year, though, I began to get a little sick of hearing it.

Last edited:
Big Energy by Latto wasn’t bad. But man, have sonic and ****ing homegoods beat it into the ground. Now I can’t hear it without thinking of ads. Also its extra weird as an advertising choice considering the lyrics are NSFW.

Here's two more I thought of:
  • This isn't exactly a song as it's more of a company "jingle", but I need to bring up KAY Jewelers. They've been playing the exact same ad way too much as of late (the one where the couple falls into the pool). Hey ad execs: not everyone is going to be buying expensive jewelry, let alone afford it up front, so there's no need to play your ad every single commercial break. I'm beginning to get super sick of their jingle solely because of how often they play this specific ad. It was never like this before.
  • Sandstorm by Darude. The meme from around 2016 had been dead for a while, and of course, Wendy's decided to bring it back this year and somehow make it even more intolerable by adding their own lyrics. It's even worse than the "Like a Boss" meme ad they ran in 2015. It's like they haven't learned from their prior mistakes when it comes to the internet community. It definitely wouldn't convince me to get their burgers, as the Wendy's in my town is poorly ran and has been known to make people sick. You know you're doing something wrong when the McDonald's down the street gets tons more customers and gets orders right almost every time. I'm surprised that location is still getting business, honestly.

Back