• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What kind of content is recommended to you by the algorithm on IG, TikTok, etc?

cornimer

grab acorns 'til you're delirious
Bells
Island
Crayola
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Space Whale Plush
Splat Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Kaleidoclover
Flower Glow Wand
Honestly, the algorithm has me figured out pretty well. My Instagram "suggested for you" posts are almost entirely Bollywood content because I'm a huge Bollywood fan. On TikTok, my FYP has been all nature imagery and videos lately. It's extremely relaxing, and I find myself going on TikTok to decompress between work meetings.

my tiktok algorithm is a mess. recipes, cat videos, comedy skits, absolutely unhinged ranting which is usually the biggest thing, religious trauma, more skits.

twitter barely has an algorithm anymore so we can throw that out of the window.

my instagram algorithm is pretty decent; it's mostly cute animals and silly memes. though i send my partner a lot of "me and my bf" "my bf when" memes and now i get some "bf and gf" memes 'cause i guess it thinks we're straight 💀

youtube likes to recommend me videos with less than 500 views of people going into washrooms and looking at.... automatic hand dryers? that and shorts/videos of clearly mentally ill people reviewing sports/movies. i miss the old youtube algorithm

twitter is even worse

I don't have accounts for TikTok nor Instagram, so nothing for those sites. On Twitter, it's all just hockey related tweets since I only use my account for hockey news, lol, though I never bother looking at what the algorithm suggests for me anyways. On YouTube, it's tricky since I watch a lot of videos logged out on purpose so the algorithm doesn't figure out what I do watch, but from the few videos I have watched (or "watched") while logged in, usually I'm recommended some combination of video game music, hockey highlights, and video game content of some kind.

I don't use social media, and sites like YouTube I just view without an account, sooooo honestly I don't know. And I honestly don't want to know! :LOL:

I just use YouTube. It recommends things pretty similar to or exactly what I've watched. It's almost entirely video games and a lot of it is music because I like listening to that and looking for fan remixes.

I don’t use any social media. I do use YouTube. My algorithm is just Total Drama at the moment which makes sense.

Boy am I glad I'm not a twitter user. I do have a faux twitter account, but that's only to look at tweets while remaining anonymous.

The only social media account I use regularly is YouTube. Which most of the time it recommends me content such as Video Games, (Mostly Nintendo games, but other games such as My Singing Monsters and Palworld so to speak also slide in as well) Cartoons, (Mostly Spongebob) Memes, and more. The usual stuff.

I use YouTube and Instagram. I don't trust Tiktok and so I've never downloaded it.

Anyway, the YouTube algorithm always gives me design and cooking videos. Instagram is mostly the same way. I do get some video game videos on YT but those were from channels I used to follow many years ago. I don't really follow video game content creators now.

I only use twitter/X and I've found it to be decent since the Musk takeover. The algorithm gives me Animal Crossing content for the most part, which is how I want it to be.

I deactivated my Instagram but before I did I think it was mostly other peoples art that the algorithm would recommend.. Sometimes pets (like how some people make an instagram for their cat or whatever). I'm not on TikTok

Youtube is a whole other beast. I made the mistake of watching a couple video essays and now that's pretty much all my main Youtube account recommends to me. My other account feed is all sewing/baking/cooking tutorials

My algorithm is a little inaccurate. If watching a video game on YouTube, I try to use incognito to avoid it shoving spoiler thumbnails in my face all over the homepage.

So I end up with a bunch of sports content instead. Since I don't typically catch those live either, I get spoiled on that too.

I don't actually like seeing recommended content, so I have the For You tab and suggestions disabled on Twitter (thanks Control Panel for Twitter extension), and watch history off on YouTube 😂 i also don't use tiktok or insta because curating content there is a pain and i just am not into them

If I turn it back on, my Twitter feed is usually art/video game/game dev-related posts. YouTube is... food and science. or food science.

On Youtube, it's video game or anime music, ASMR videos, and cooking! I don't have other social media.

my instagram suggestions are a mix of teacher memes, couple memes, art/doodles (usually the cute, motivational ones), food places, and recently i’ve been getting some real estate ones

My tiktok for you page is fortnite and cooking videos and then randomly the most outlandish video that I have no understanding why it is on my for you page and really makes me question my choices as a human being.

But also I am the creator of my own for you page so am I the problem? Likely

Back