• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What series are you currently watching?

I started watching a late 90s early 00s sitcom called Sports Night. The reason I decided to try it out is because it's written by Aaron Sorkin, who is the writer of my all-time favourite show The West Wing. His writing is intelligent, thought provoking and engaging. Even though this is a sitcom, the clips I watched on Youtube sold me on it because I could tell right away it was Sorkin's writing.

I also started watching the Wheel of Time with my partner because it's his favourite book series of all time. He also got us watching Invasion. I'm not sold on either of the shows so far but I'll keep watching because it's something we can do together.

It took me forever but I finally finished watching all of Darkwing Duck on Disney+. We aren't planning to renew our subscription for next year, so that and the Mandalorian became a priority. We'll just re-subscribe for a random month here or there to catch up on new seasons of things we want to watch. It's not worth an entire yearly subscription for us.

I'm currently rewatching Heroes and forgot how good season one was, it's just a shame the series quickly goes downhill because if the writing had remained on the same level as season one this show could've been another timeless classic.

started watching shadow beauty today! some parts are a bit too dark for my liking but choi bomin makes everything ok :)

Modern Family! It's my go-to series whenever I'm exercising. It's come to the point where I feel weird watching Modern Family just sitting down lol. I'm in season 2 so far and I'm loving it, it's actually pretty funny!

I'm watching a series called Pecados Capitales on my region's netflix. Its been a good laugh through a period of mediocre entertainment. I'm glad I stayed away from the liveaction Cowboy Bebop. Judging from reviews there's a reason the netflix meme with anime still holds true. Some anime can't and should never be adapted.

I recently started watching the office! i've been wanting to watch it for a long time and so far i like it a lot

i watched sailor moon and than for some reason i started watching miraculous ladybug with my lil sis lol and now im watching my little witch academia

scale.jpeg

I'm about halfway through watching Peter Jackson's The Beatles:Get Back documentary.Here are some takeaways at the mid-point of this epic:

-This series will probably be a bit boring to watch for non-Beatles fans but I wouldn't say it's for fans only.
-Linda Eastman(the future Mrs.Paul McCartney)was rather lovely.
-The Beatles drank a lot of tea......a lot.
-Twickenham was a bad idea.
-Billy Preston was an amazing musician.He gave The Fabs a nice kick in the pants when they needed it.
-Ringo was the glue that kept the loose Beatle bits from flying apart.
-I'm surprised by how,eh.....normal The Beatles function as a band.
-I don't know how they did it but this series looks fantastic.

I've been a Beatles fan for many years.I remember hearing their last few singles being played on the radio in the late 60's and even though I was just a tadpole I really liked those songs.

I am re-watching Friends lol. Again. Sometimes I need to re-watch something comforting, and Friends, Impractical Jokers & The Office are all my go-tos for doing that.
I worked on IJ in the earlier years :). It’s a fun show to watch and be a part of. Glad people are still loving it and find it as comforting as the office!

I worked on IJ in the earlier years :). It’s a fun show to watch and be a part of. Glad people are still loving it and find it as comforting as the office!
That is awesome! I'm getting caught up on Impractical Jokers myself, currently on Season 8. It's such a light-hearted, fun show to watch when I want to detox after a bad day or something.

air crash investigation. i always rewatch all the seasons (there's 21 now, oof) every few years. ironically, i'm not interested in planes or aviation whatsoever, i think it's just down to morbid curiosity because my interest in each episode tends to wane slightly once the initial crash is over. unfortunately, disney+ doesn't have all the seasons (and it isn't even my account, it's my girlfriend's lmao) so i'll have to switch to the site i last used to watch it for the other episodes.

I've been watching the Witcher lol. Not really my sort of show but my brother loves it so I enjoy watching it with him very much. Other than that, haven't had a ton of time to be watching much. I re-watched the West Wing a while ago, I honestly can't think of much else. I have been thinking about watching The Man in the High Castle since I read the book years back, but I am always wary of shows based on books I have read. It's not that they have to be replicas or really have any sort of level of correlation with the book, it's more that I can find it frustrating to see an adaptation if it isn't any good/ruins the book or if it vastly differs from my interpretation of the characters etc. If anyone has watched it, lmk how you found it!

I've never been much of a telenovela girl (mom didn't really let me watch them when I was a child because she thought they were super stupid) but back in the early 200's Rubí came out and it was so controversial even my mom watched it, me and my brother joined in. But I was like 10 when it came out and I don't even remember the ending, so we started to rewatch it and It's good, for telenovela standards at least. The main actress, Barbara Mori, was like the mexican (although I think she's actually from Uruguay) Megan Fox I swear.
Rubí is like a sociopath who only cares about herself and wants to escape poverty through marrying a wealthy man. Her mother can't work due to her health and her sister had to drop out of school to provide for the family, and now pays Rubí's tuition at a private university so she can get a degree and help her family. But being the little sociopath she is, Rubí befriends the richest girl in school and begins to wreak havoc in the lives of everyone around her. It's super fun.

Back