• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Kind of Fashion Sense Do You Have?

What I Wear Everyday: Plain straight blue jeans or black pants, plain colored t-shirts/long shirts with either plain colored sweaters or jackets over it. I also love ankle boots!

My Favorite Piece: I recently got a long black overcoat for winter. I've always wanted one, and it's beautiful!

If I Could Wear Whatever I Wanted: Corderoy skirts. Unfortunately, I just don't look good in them!

I wouldn't say I have one particular style. I really like dresses and skirts, but with thick tights or long length because I don't like showing my skin. This is what I used to wear at work daily, and I think dressing feminine / smart helped people to take me more seriously as an adult. But even then I feel like how I wear them is a bit of a deviation from the norm here, people don't usually wear long skirts/dresses like below the knee or thick tights but that's how I like them.
My other style is what I describe as "little boys clothes" which is where I wear what a 10 year old boy in the 90s would wear. This is what I like to wear on my days off / while I was still at university.

What I wear everyday: Since covid, pyjamas! Jeans / one of my flowy long skirts + a tshirt for going to the grocery store. Hoodie weather very soon!! 😄

My favorite current piece: A tea length silk dress, with little red poppies on a black background. It was an absolute steal of a deal from the thrift shop but it's kinda formal so I haven't worn it out yet.

If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: More dresses / skirts without "what are you dressed up for?" questions. 😑 This is why I would only wear those clothes for work, because work makes for a very good excuse. I would also love to try out more men's wear influenced clothing, I really want a waistcoat and some tweed trousers.

What I wear everyday: Pretty much leggings only in the cold times. Shorts in the warm times and dresses if it isn't windy out. For tops I like cute styled ones that are not revealing or crop. I like the colours purple, blue, pink, white, burgundy and grey.

My favorite current piece: My tights!! I have like, 8 but they're all great.

If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: More nerdy shirts of games or shows I like. I'd also get more animal type clothing (cat eared hoodie, backpacks that are fluffy animal shaped)

What I wear everyday: outside of 'rona when I actually have places to be, I have quite a few top options. T-shirts/tanks (mostly cropped these days as I find that full-length shirts with high-waist pants make me look frumpy, but I have a few full length ones I'll wear in a French tuck), a few really cute bodysuits (even though my torso is an awkward length for them), sweaters (same as t-shirts, either I tuck them and drape excess fabric over the lumps or they're just straight-up cropped to begin with), or flannels/button-ups (I'll wear them either tucked in or half-buttoned and tied into a crop). For pants, I mainly just stick with jeans. For shoes, I mainly wear boots or booties, but I'll throw on my AllBirds if I'm feeling lazy. And weather permitting I'll usually throw on a jacket - either my blue jean jacket, black acid wash denim jacket, black moto jacket, or - if I really want to impress someone - my trench coat.
My favorite current piece: A silver satin camisole that I've been finding excuses to have peek out from under flannels or jackets.
If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: Non-jean pants. I just feel horribly over-dressed in trousers and under-dressed in those flowy palazzo pants. It'd be nice to have more options for pants besides blue/black/white jeans, but they just don't work for me the way they work for other people in photos.

Business casual at work (barely passing) and casual & relaxed everywhere else. Love comfy sweaters, t-shirts, ponchos, shorts, and jeans. Any pieces that wash easily and aren't prone to wrinkling are OK with me. 🥰

I'm pretty back and forth depending on my mood. I guess I'm into something like a pastel goth? Or maybe I dress way beyond my age? I love flowers, and pastels, but also black and dark shades of color. I also love lace and frills and boots! I guess my style is dynamic?

99% of the time just t-shirt and jeans, or t-shirt and leggings.. I used to wear cuter stuff (which was a lot of modcloth dresses back when modcloth was better and not owned by walmart), but now, meh.. I do occasionally wear boho style dresses, but it's pretty rare.

My favourite current piece: A nekomancer shirt my friend gave me!

If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment, I'd probably wear over the top boho style stuff. Maybe some cute non-boho dresses. And I'd probably burn all my jeans and replace them with leggings

What I wear everyday: Dark scrubs for work, leggings and sweater for lazy, and lolita for when I am up for it.
My favorite current piece: None currently; there is usually something I like about each dress differently.
If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: Full over-the-top lolita lifestyling. Unwanted opinions do not mean anything to me, it is an issue of care and time. A lot of pieces require handwashing or dry cleaning. Wearing light colors may be scary when you are eating something with red sauce as an example, particularly at a restaurant where others are more careless.

Edit -- Another thought to add in for people putting lolita as their last option; do what makes you happy, please. There are people that are in their forties and above that are in the fashion. If you are not up for full-on lolita, there is always stuff such as otome kei that can be a happy medium. You will not know unless you experiment!

Last edited:
What I wear everyday: Just a plain tshirt and casual slacks, or sweat pants/track pants. Sometimes a plain collared blouse if I'm feeling fancy 😅
My favorite current piece: I haven't gone shopping in a while but my go-to is just a loose-fitting black tshirt from uniqlo or muji.
If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: I honestly don't really have anything else I'd rather wear. Thinking of clothes actually makes my brain hurt. Maybe an opportunity to wear my boots/docs. I rarely wear boots anymore because I live in a tropical country now.

my favorite outfits are the ones that i can sleep in

trackpants. sweatpants. t-shirts

hate jeans with a passion

Same, I haven't I've worn jeans in like 2 years lol.

Last edited:
A lot of my outfits have some kind of vintage vibe to them, typically 80s or 90s. I mostly pay more attention to fashion in colder months or when I'm going out somewhere. Most of the time it's a hoodie or long-sleeve shirt with athletic shorts, which has been my go-to for being at home. I got a few button-downs recently that I hope I'll get to wear soon, though

Honestly, tie-dye shirt casual with flare jeans or corduroy pants basically. I also like dressing up in like, hippie dresses or stuff.

i literally only leave my house to go to work, so it's a pair of black jeans & a brand shirt they've given me. when i'm at home i wear a sweatshirt and running shorts or sweatpants if it's cold.

I would say my style is sporty/tom boyish. I own 95% dark colors (blues, greys and black) and the only feminine thing I own are the leggings I wear to the gym.

I always wear Celebrity Pink jeans (they fit so well) with any t-shirt that's handy. I usually wear my husband's shirts and they fit almost perfectly, so they don't look baggy at all, yet you can tell they're a bit on the masculine side. I hate women's shirts because the sleeves tend to be so small (I feel so exposed on my arms). I only own Reebok sneakers (the ones made for weight training) since they're so comfy and have lots of support (literally).

Now that the weather is getting colder, I can finally wear my husband's hoodies (now those are baggy fit <3 ) and be in ultra comfort mode.

My favorite piece right now are these gymshark camo leggings that I wear for the gym. They are high-waisted and you can do literally anything without it rolling down or showing too much. They run a bit high, but super nice quality. Feels great especially for the colder mornings

I just like to be cozy so all of my shirts and sweaters are oversized and worn with skinny jeans. Usually wear black jeans with boots this time of year with a green military jacket (looks cuter than it sounds). It rains a lot here but not usually enough that I want to carry an umbrella so anything with a hood is nice.

Def casual, usually a nice lookin tank top with denim shorts and sneakers. I wear mostly black clothes, but I also really like floral prints (esp if it's black) moon, plant and moth related stuff. The REAL effort is in my jewelry. I coordinate my rings (I typically wear 5 at a time), necklaces and bracelets to the outfit I'm wearing. I do like punk and bohemian fashion (such opposites) but I don't wear anything that really relates to those styles, yet. I haven't found the right clothes for me.

I also reaaaallly love boots. I wish I had more pairs, but it's always hard to find my size and fit considering not only am I a size 9 or 10, but I find alot of boots too narrow for me to wear, my sneakers are a wide style.

What I wear everyday: Fitted t-shirts, plaid, button-ups, jeans, and dress pants. I also wear tennis shoes unless I need to hike.

My favorite current piece: My blue button-up shirt and dark grey skinny jeans. It’s probably one of the few outfits I feel confident in.

If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: I’d wear dresses and wigs outside of pride events. Sadly I couldn’t even go to those without getting stares.

Back