• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Kind of Fashion Sense Do You Have?

samsquared

飛べ
Bells
Switch
0358-4407-0607
Jingle Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Green Christmas Stocking
Tin Robot
Christmas Candy
Yellow Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
White Star Fragment
Red Star Fragment
Orange Mote of Flame
If you have trouble thinking about fashion sense, just consider what your personal 'kind' of style is. What kind of clothes do you keep in your wardrobe? Do you tend to follow trends, or do you build looks around basics? Are you more into alternative fashion? Think about what pieces you're attracted to.
Types of fashion include Casual, (Business)Casual/Formal, Lolita, Grunge, Punk, Preppy, Classic, Skater, Streetwear, Vintage, 90s/80s/decade, etc.
Most people don't tend to lean deeply into one category for their everyday clothes, but if we didn't have to worry about money or fitting in, what would you like to wear? Or what do you wish you could wear?

Here's a template to get started:

What I wear everyday: usually a turtleneck/t-shirt & jeans or shorts combo. its comfortable, but you can go outside wearing it. I keep my clothes in the blue-black for pants/shorts & pink/red-blue/green for shirts. i rarely wear white (although i'd like to).
My favorite current piece: A salmon pink skirt I got from a friend! It's very cute & flattering.
If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: I think I'd wear simple long gowns all the time lol and vintage circle skirts or mini-midi skater dresses. I like stuff that's not revealing but flatters my figure & makes my short stubby legs look longer. + cute = bonus. i think the long skirt crop top combo is really cute too.

Everyday l would wear a T-shirt with a logo of a character or characters on it or nothing. Sometimes also wear plain long sleeve shirts with a simple color of black, gray, blue, and red. For pants l just wear leggings. This is at home but i would wear these clothes also in public. Not much of fashion imo of what l wear even if it's matching. But l do wear a lot of flannels and hoodies. I also have a few pair of jeans and leather pants. I also own a skirt and a leather jacket. As you can tell l don't seem fashionable as other women and it sorta bothers me but l can't get into really girly stuff, just not the type. Then l remember l get laughed at or people judged me because l don't dress completely girly. But hey l still wear expensive leather boots, these shiny colorful pastel shoes, high tops, and one pair of guy shoes. Sorry if it didn't really answered your question. Kinda hard to answer it for me.

My fashion is casual. Usually I wear a t-shirt and jeans. If I have nowhere to go like now with the pandemic, then it’s pajamas all day.

There have been a few times dresses/skirts appealed a little to me, but even when I get one, I can’t get myself to wear them. I’m not interested in fashion, makeup and all that stuff at all (i hate makeup to tell you the truth).

I rather be comfortable than look good.

What I wear everyday: I pretty much always wear a graphic or tie-dye t-shirt, jeans, Converse, either my rainbow jelly bracelets or peace bangle, my ace pride ring, a watch, my peace sign necklace, and a baseball cap (I have a Super Mario hat, a VW hat, and a hat with my school mascot on it). I often have my hair pulled back, whether in braids or a ponytail, when it's warm out. when I wear my hair in a ponytail I always wrap it with either a scrunchie or a bandana. in Winter months (or colder months in general) I wear my hair down a lot. at this time I also like to wear a sweater, a sweatshirt, a light jacket, etc. one notable thing about my style is that if I'm wearing jeans I always tuck my t-shirt into my pants, and I wear a belt with a heart-shaped buckle on it. once in a while I'll wear sweatpants and leave my shirt untucked.
My favorite current piece: my favorite t-shirt that I own is an oversized (2XL) VW shirt with the front of a VW bus on it. it's very comfortable and I'm a HUGE fan of classic VWs. I also have a pair of Converse that are "tie-dyed," and I love wearing them though I've had them for 3 years now and they're getting worn out.
If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: I am OBSESSED with crazy golf pants!! there are so many awesome variations and I feel like I could pull them off with a solid color shirt and some shades! I don't currently own any, plus I feel like most ppl would look and be like "wtf that looks so damn weird" lmao.
s-l300.jpg

my taste in fashion is very reminiscent of the 80s and early 90s. I like to go to thrift stores and find clothes that one might be seen wearing in the 80s/90s (for instance, I have a wind jacket that I wear on cooler days that screams 1991). I often look at pictures of people in high school in the 80s to see what kind of clothes they wore and I mimic that. not because I feel like I want to fit in (obv people don't dress like that anymore), I just really dig the 80s fashion sense and I want to get more into it. the only thing I don't do that was super popular in the 80s is do crazy **** with my hair, like getting a tight spiral perm or teasing it.

edit: another thing to note about my fashion sense is that I absolutely HATE wearing skirts and dresses. I refuse to wear them. they make me extremely uncomfortable and I've honestly never really been able to pull off a dress. I'm not one to be really dressy. now I love looking at dresses, many dresses are really beautiful. I just won't actually wear them. I rpefer to wear dress pants and a dress shirt.
also (mini-rant), regarding wearing something without being judged, I would love to be able to wear a suit and tie. I haven't done this because apparently women aren't allowed to dress in suits or tuxedos. I think that's one of the stupidest rules set by society and I would love to break it. just because I'm a woman doesn't mean you can tell me how to dress.
there are so so SO many different ties out there, and there are some really awesome ones that I would love to own. I just have to somehow convince my family that I can dress the way I want without being judged. it won't be so easy to tell older folk that though lol.

Last edited:
What I wear everyday: If I'm working then I stay pretty casual with tshirts & tight sweat pants. I try to pick nice sweatpants though with designs so I don't die of boredom. Or some jean shorts if it's hot. I have to wear steeltoes for work so there's no point in dressing up. I do have a lot of button up shirts & colourful pants sitting in my closet though. I don't own any black shirts, it's all colours. Also I saw a bunch of floral turtle neck sweaters at the store and something in my heart said "yes". Too bad they were expensive.

My favorite current piece: I just got a new button up shirt that's striped with pink & mint. I found it in the woman's clearance section and thought I had found the best shirt of my life until I brought it home to try it on and realized it was a crop top haha. It's still my favourite though even if some of my man gut shows when I wear it.

If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: Oh people have hardcore judged me for years for being androgynous but if I had an unlimited budget I would want a perfect lolita outfit in yellow or pink. And then my friend irl would get the same outfit as me in black. Idk what occasion we would wear these outfits but I would find one lol.

I don’t really pay much attention to trends. I just wear what looks good, lol. If I‘m not going anywhere it’s always a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals because why would I want to dress up when no one is around? However, if I’m going out I usually wear jeans, a short sleeve or long sleeve shirt, and tennishoes. If it‘s for a special occasion or interview I’ll wear a sports jacket, dress boots, and style my hair to the side.

What I wear everyday: really depends on the weather. I fluctuate between pants (skinny or straight), skirts (maxi or midi pleated) and blouses (long or short sleeve with a pointed or rounded collar). Almost always wear a cardigan or a light blazer. Shoes; desert booties or a casual tennis shoe.
My favorite current piece: leopard coat
If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: tbh, I wear w/e I want and will always be judged. I live in area where people wear flip-flops and shorts. I like menswear and I've worn bowties. I don't care, lol. I'd like to try suspenders next.

What I wear everyday: on weekdays, business-casual stuff, which also depends on the time of year. Blouse, slacks, dress, pants, blazer, sweater, etc. If I wasn't working remotely now, I'd probably keep a pair of running shoes on the car for driving and wear comfortable flats/heels in the office.

My favorite current piece: my pair of Zwei slippers from Rooster Teeth. They're way too warm to wear in the spring/summer, but they make me feel adorable in the fall/winter.

If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: coveralls. Seriously. They're surprisingly warm in the fall/winter, and it's easy to layer up with a hoodie or jacket on top and leggings/long johns on the bottom. They're not very thick, so I can get by with them in the spring (summer might be a stretch on humid days), with a simple T-shirt underneath. It's also fun to personalize them by sewing on patches or attaching pins/buttons on them.

I'm definitely a classic style over trendy. I get items that will work long beyond a season. I pretty much stick with mid-calf a-line dresses, maxi skirts, and tunic tops. If I'm at home, pajama bottoms and a tee.

My favorite item right now are my leather booties. They're done in a patchwork pattern of colors, embossed leather, and have a chunky stacked heel. They're the perfect fall accessory.

If I could wear anything, I'd love to try a lolita look. I'm far too old for it, but I love the absolute girly aspect. Barring that, probably an Edwardian look. Sort of Anne of Green Gables (1985 version with Megan Follows).

What I wear everyday:
My sense of style has three settings:
1. Shirts with buttons and a collar, done all the way up
2. Baggy t-shirt, belt & jeans
3. Overalls
My favorite current piece: I recently got a pair of converse that have rainbows on the side, and the soles are rainbows as well. They make me so happy <3
If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: bowties!!! I want to start wearing bowties so badly!! But I can't imagine my mom letting me out of the house in one, or letting me purchase one in her presence for that matter 😔

I have zero fashion sense ;; My wardrobe is usually what's comfortable and a few anime t-shirts. However, I tend to be drawn to navy blue, white and gray colours; as well as polka-dot and plaid patterns.

What I wear everyday: Jeans, weeb tshirt, hoodie and gray/blue down jacket.

My favorite current piece: I've only started wearing skirts recently and I'm very fond of my long beige one with deep pockets. Can slip a switch in there. I love it so much. I just like being able to have things suoer accessible.

If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: I would love to try victorian or gothic lolita!

My boyfriend (fiancé) says I dress like a mom lmao
I kinda agree with him though. I wear this black cardigan with almost everything that makes me look like I'm taking my children to Sunday school.

What I wear everyday: Mostly dresses

My favorite current piece: Again, a black dress with stripes and cute brown buttons down the middle

If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgement: I'd probably wear a lot of jeans if they were comfortable :)

What I wear everyday: Usually a t-shirt, pants, and a jacket.
My favorite current piece: My leather jacket. I unfortunately can't wear it too much because it gets much hotter than it needs to be if I wear it (hotter than the other jackets I wear)
If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: Anything from the men's section. I absolutely hate the girl's section, but my parents give me disgusted looks when I look for graphic tees from there and it makes me feel dysphoric.

My wordrobe is 99% basics and I pretty much only wear the colors black, grey, taupe/beige, and occasionally white, olive green/dark green, burnt orange, or maroon. I don’t own anything patterned or brightly colored. For work I used to dress up, but ever since Rona I’ve been working from home so my daily outfit is pretty much pajamas or loungewear lol

I honestly have no fashion sense. I don't follow trends or care about how I look. I wear the most comfortable clothing possible in any given situation.

When I'm at home, which is 99% of the time now, I'm always in pajama pants and t-shirts. They aren't even usually color coordinated.

When I do go out, I always wear jeans, my Timberland boots, and t-shirts, long-sleeved t-shirts, sweaters or sweatshirts depending on the weather. My shirts are usually over-sized. I am a smallish woman but I mostly wear shirts in a mens large or x-large. I also wear over-sized mens hoodies and winter coats.

Most of my shirts are graphic tees that reflect my interests. Black, gray, and blue are the most common colors in my closet. I never wear pink or yellow.

I rarely wear skirts or dresses because I find them so uncomfortable. They are limited to things like funerals and weddings and even then I'll wear dress pants and a nice shirt if I think I can get away with it.

If nobody would judge, I'd wear pajamas/loungewear literally all the time.

I do like the look of certain clothing styles. I just don't like wearing them myself. I really like the goth, punk, steampunk, lolita, and Victorian fashions. I've worn some of those in my younger days but grew out of them. I still like seeing others wear them, though.

my fashion sense is very casual; i’ve never been one to follow trends or have anything super ‘flashy’ in my closet. the clothes that i own consist of crop tops, t-shirts, sweaters, hoodies, tights and sweatpants; i’ve never been into trying to be fashionable or what not, so my closet and fashion sense consist of whatever i like and feel comfortable in c’:

So many replies saying that you wish you could wear lolita! I also think lolita is really cute- there's so much diversity just in lolita too. Gothic lolita vs sweet lolita vs classic & i even saw a coord that was "pirate" themed. The huge shoes are also really cute.
if you've got a minute, you should check out this subreddit where they post their coords & talk about lolita. There are some really cute & talented people on there.

There are also a lot of people saying they want to wear suits or menswear although they're women- I say go for it! It's kind of a moment, a look, if you will.
54ac4e320829c_-_suits-5.jpg
5d769edd6f24eb16365e5a09
Brie-Larson-is-heading-to-studia.jpg
It's all about confidence, I think. If you wear ur suit & exude some absolutely powerful energy like cate blanchett, no one can stop you.

[snip]
If I could wear whatever I wanted for free/no judgment: Anything from the men's section. I absolutely hate the girl's section, but my parents give me disgusted looks when I look for graphic tees from there and it makes me feel dysphoric.
I'm sorry that your parents aren't more supportive of your clothing choices. For a lot of trans/genderqueer folx, getting to wear clothes that align with their gender identity is super powerful in validating their inner self. My parents were really similar w/my trans brother. Your gender identity is valid, no matter what you're forced to wear. I'm sending you good affirmation vibes from afar.

Casual and comfortable, if it’s soft I like it.. Lol. I went through a few years of being extremely into bright colours so I have some very flashy pieces that I’m never sure where exactly to wear 😂 Slowly starting to get
back into darker tones again, especially navy one of my favorite colours.

The non-existent kind. 95% of my wardrobe is t-shirts of my favorite series with more than half being black. I probably have like 6 tank tops and also some dress clothes for work. I just like to wear what looks cool and feels comfy. I think trench coats are really cool, but don't own any for myself. I'd like to get one for the fall/winter that I can wear.

Back