• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your Switch Icon?

LHA_493_NSO_M_G_GameNews_march_0224_EN_v01_1.jpeg

The man, the myth, the legend.

I missed him last March. So glad I was able to snag him this year!

shino with a plain orange background. 🧡 she’s my favourite villager, so i chose her as my icon as soon as i could. might spruce it up with a boarder or maybe a different colour background, but right now i’m happy with the simplicity. ☺️

View attachment 468939
i’ve changed my icon since i last posted— it’s now my best boy chabwick with an aurora borealis background! i think it’s my new favourite icon that i’ve had 💙

0F573627-9A6F-4688-B0B4-7B4CD2D3EDEB.png

Mine is an Eevee. I wanted an Eevee icon from the beginning. Good thing NSO distributed them last fall.

Mine is Eirika from Fire Emblem. She's my favorite Lord. I was happy that Engage gave us a lot of new icons.

Regret missing out on Sigurd, though.

oh you KNOW its pikmin rn! It's a lil blue pikmin carrying a pellet. I instantly bought THE WHOLE SET

Me last November:
I wish they'd add more series to the Nintendo Switch online menu where we're able to buy those icons and backgrounds with the Platinum Coins instead of just Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Animal Crossing. I'd probably be using something from Fire Emblem if they'd add some.
Well, wouldn't you know it, they did eventually add some Fire Emblem stuff thanks to Fire Emblem Engage's release this past January.

Here's the one I've been using primarily for the past few months. It features Ike, my favorite Fire Emblem protagonist and Smash Bros. main:
WSUbkg0.png

I also have an alternative with a different background, as well as one featuring Micaiah from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn:
3UN6JFP.png
D8ydCiL.png

I use the main one because I like the purple sky, but I prefer the castle architecture in the background of the other two, so it's good to have options to switch between.

Only complaint is that, since Ike, Micaiah and the other older characters are spirits in Engage, their models have that blue outline around them here. Beggars can't be choosers though, glad to have characters from my favorite video games as options now.

How does everyone have cool backgrounds and other images is it from having online membership??
Yes! One of Nintendo Switch Online's features is that they release characters, backgrounds and borders so you can construct your own icons. They switch up which games are featured on a somewhat regular basis, basically monthly or so, though it tends to be some of the same things like Mario, Zelda, Kirby and Splatoon. Other stuff like Fire Emblem Engage, Metroid, and Pokémon Scarlet and Violet such show up less commonly. One of the current ones is Pikmin 4. Animal Crossing has a pretty permanent page that switches out each month and includes all the animals whose birthdays take place in that month; in recent months, since they've cycled through it before, they've also begun to add some NPCs like Wisp and the Orville and Wilbur from Dodo Airlines too.

Yes! One of Nintendo Switch Online's features is that they release characters, backgrounds and borders so you can construct your own icons. They switch up which games are featured on a somewhat regular basis, basically monthly or so, though it tends to be some of the same things like Mario, Zelda, Kirby and Splatoon. Other stuff like Fire Emblem Engage, Metroid, and Pokémon Scarlet and Violet such show up less commonly. One of the current ones is Pikmin 4. Animal Crossing has a pretty permanent page that switches out each month and includes all the animals whose birthdays take place in that month; in recent months, since they've cycled through it before, they've also begun to add some NPCs like Wisp too.
Does it cost extra money for certain ones or once you have membership you have access to them all? And do you get to keep them or once they leave the shop you can not use them again?

Does it cost extra money for certain ones or once you have membership you have access to them all? And do you get to keep them or once they leave the shop you can not use them again?
They come with the Nintendo Switch Online subscription. You don't pay for them with real money but instead with Platinum Coins. Platinum Coins are earned weekly and for doing things like playing a game that features cloud saves or that has online functionality. Platinum (and Gold) coins are tied to My Nintendo, a Nintendo website, though you don't need to use that for this. Also just to clarify, Gold coins are earned from purchasing games and those can be used for discounts on future purchases in the eShop.

As for their permanence, I've never let my subscription lapse so far to know if they take them away or what happens, but you get to keep them even after they aren't available due to being cycled out.

They come with the Nintendo Switch Online subscription. You don't pay for them with real money but instead with Platinum Coins. Platinum Coins are earned weekly and for doing things like playing a game that features cloud saves or that has online functionality. Platinum (and Gold) coins are tied to My Nintendo, a Nintendo website, though you don't need to use that for this. Also just to clarify, Gold coins are earned from purchasing games and those can be used for discounts on future purchases in the eShop.
Thank you letting me know about it 😊 I will have to get online membership again soon so I can access these cool features :)

Mine was always my Mii. At first it was Isabelle with a yellow background, but then I switched it to my Mii.

mine is currently (and honestly usually is) kirby with a heart hovering over him! i think the actual render is from kirby star allies? i usually have my background set to a shade of pink to match it 💗

Despite my name here, atm it is a mew! For long time it was either Marshal or Eevee though!

Back