What is your profession?

I think that if you have an audience of any kind, and people listen to you, then you can influence the world in some way. If I earn success by doing something that I love, and then be able to make some kind of positive change in the world, I would be very happy. The only problem is that I haven't decided what exactly I want to do yet.

Last edited:
I'm a full time student (double majoring) and I have two (arguably unexciting) jobs, I work in the library on campus and I sell candles at a candle store. It's not ideal but it works for me.

Well, I'm still in high school, as I'm 16.:p Thus, I'm a student.
But, I'd really like to be a lawyer.

I'm a few weeks late on this reply but I'm studying medicine now and my first degree was in biochemistry. I was pretty set on becoming a teacher when I was younger and most of my past job experiences have been in child care. I'll probably be a pediatrician or family doctor.

Oh cool! I wish you luck with that! You really will be a student for a long time then! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think that if you have an audience of any kind, and people listen to you, then you can influence the world in some way. If I earn success by doing something that I love, and then be able to make some kind of positive change in the world, I would be very happy. The only problem is that I haven't decided what exactly I want to do yet.

I agree with you on that. There are a ton of different things you could do that would effect positive change in the world. Good luck finding your passion! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm a full time student (double majoring) and I have two (arguably unexciting) jobs, I work in the library on campus and I sell candles at a candle store. It's not ideal but it works for me.

Oh I have been there. I worked at my campus library and Bojangles' when I was going to school full time! Happiest day of my life was when I could finally survive off of one job! XD You will get through it! Just hang in there!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, I'm still in high school, as I'm 16.:p Thus, I'm a student.
But, I'd really like to be a lawyer.

Good luck finishing High School! What kind of lawyer do you want to be? ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm a graphic designer and artist. ^__^

Oh cool! What kind of graphic design do you do? ^-^

I do commissions (freelance), comics, illustrations, logos, signs, posters, lots of stuff... :^)

I do commissions (freelance), comics, illustrations, logos, signs, posters, lots of stuff... :^)

That is really cool! I wish I was more artistically inclined. I have a ton of respect for artists and musicians because I can't do it! XD Do you have a site that shows some of your work? ^-^

I'm not working currently, but I am in school to become a Mortician. If that fails, I was thinking either Roadkill Clean up, or working in some animal kennels maybe.

I'm not working currently, but I am in school to become a Mortician. If that fails, I was thinking either Roadkill Clean up, or working in some animal kennels maybe.

Oh interesting! I don't think I could handle any of those jobs personally, but it is great that you want to do that! ^-^ What kind of school do you have to attend to be a mortician? ^-^

Oh cool! I wish you luck with that! You really will be a student for a long time then! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree with you on that. There are a ton of different things you could do that would effect positive change in the world. Good luck finding your passion! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh I have been there. I worked at my campus library and Bojangles' when I was going to school full time! Happiest day of my life was when I could finally survive off of one job! XD You will get through it! Just hang in there!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Good luck finishing High School! What kind of lawyer do you want to be? ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh cool! What kind of graphic design do you do? ^-^

I'm not sure what kind of lawyer I want to be exactly, but I would like to have my own firm someday.

I'm not sure what kind of lawyer I want to be exactly, but I would like to have my own firm someday.

That is a really good goal to work towards! I'm sure you will figure out what type of law you want to practice once you start law classes. Good luck! ^-^

I'm still in school, and I'm a long way to getting the ideal job, but I want to work with animals someday. I'm thinking about being a vet. I can both work with animals and get enough money to support myself and all the animals I'll own. I just hope I'll have enough time to care for them when I get home from work.

I'm still in school, and I'm a long way to getting the ideal job, but I want to work with animals someday. I'm thinking about being a vet. I can both work with animals and get enough money to support myself and all the animals I'll own. I just hope I'll have enough time to care for them when I get home from work.

That would be a lovely career! I hope you are able to do that someday! I just had to take my kitty to the vet for a teeth cleaning and she had a tooth pulled. The staff there are all great, so it makes it a lot easier to bring her! Good luck in school! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Kindergarten teacher now, taught preschool for past 4 years.

Oh fun! Do you enjoy it? It is a difficult job for sure! ^-^

Right now I'm just a full-time student at a university studying information technology.

Previously I worked at a Hooters-type restaurant for fun, and I may have an internship with Universal Studios next summer~

still in school, but i want to be an engineer, probably in either environmental or water resources.

Right now I'm just a full-time student at a university studying information technology.

Previously I worked at a Hooters-type restaurant for fun, and I may have an internship with Universal Studios next summer~

That sounds fun! I wish you luck with school! I work with a girl who did an internship at Disney and she loved it! I hope you get it! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

still in school, but i want to be an engineer, probably in either environmental or water resources.

Oh cool! My brother-in-law is actually a mechanical engineer with John Deere, so I know some of what you will go through in school! Good luck with school! ^-^

United States Navy Sailor. I joined about 4 months ago. Boot camp was 2 months long and my "A" School was 1 month long. Finally at my duty station which is an Aircraft Carrier! That's the cool part, the not-so-cool part is that this Aircraft Carrier will be in the shipyard for at least a year for repairs. I haven't been assigned a specific rate (job) yet but right now I'm working with the guys who work on the catapult equipment used to launch jets.

Also, have a lot of love for the Navy Federal Credit Union! That wouldn't happen to be the credit union you're working for, would it?

United States Navy Sailor. I joined about 4 months ago. Boot camp was 2 months long and my "A" School was 1 month long. Finally at my duty station which is an Aircraft Carrier! That's the cool part, the not-so-cool part is that this Aircraft Carrier will be in the shipyard for at least a year for repairs. I haven't been assigned a specific rate (job) yet but right now I'm working with the guys who work on the catapult equipment used to launch jets.

Also, have a lot of love for the Navy Federal Credit Union! That wouldn't happen to be the credit union you're working for, would it?

Oh very cool! I would like to thank you for your service! ^-^ It is a noble thing for you to do. Sorry your carrier will be in the shipyard for so long. That is no fun! Are you hoping for a specific job? That catapult equipment sounds cool! ^-^

I actually work for the North Carolina State Employees' Credit Union, but I have heard nothing but good things about Navy Federal, and if I wanted to move out of NC that is the credit union I would apply to!

Fun Fact: NCSECU is the 2nd largest credit union in the country despite being confined to only NC. The only credit union larger than us is Navy Federal! ^-^

Back