What is your profession?

I'm an Early Childhood Educator, looks like there are a few of us around here! I prefer working with toddlers or kindergarteners but can work with any age, I'm qualified up til 12. I've worked in a variety of kinders and childcare centres, including as a one-on-one inclusion support educator for a child with additional needs, as well as doing private "nanny" work. When I'm cleared to work again (I'm having surgery for health issues), I'll be looking for a job at a not-for-profit childcare centre so I can work with a range of ages again. I can't wait!

I've always wanted to be a teacher or involved in education in some way. Back in high school I was planning to go to uni and help fix our education system from an academic angle. Life happened and I was lucky enough to find I adore working with children and families, and am well-suited to doing so. I work on improving things from the ground-up - and in the ten years since I first began studying, the EC sector has seen an incredible amount of development and positive change. We still have a lot to work on, but we're getting there step by step. At some point I'll return to study to get my degree and possibly a Masters, but for now I'm satisfied with my diploma. I've already got years of experience but I want to spend a few more years consolidating my current knowledge and working in a leadership role before I go back to uni. This is a field where on-the-floor work goes hand-in-hand with theory and I refuse to be one those people who rushes through a teaching degree only to find they have no idea how to run a room, those people don't last long lol.

:)

Wow it sounds like you have had an interesting career! I'm sorry to hear about your health issues and hope you are on the mend! Working with a range of ages seems like it would be fun!

My sister did daycare work for a while, and went to school to be a teacher. She taught 2nd and 3rd grade for 3 years, but they treat teachers so horribly in NC that she couldn't take it. She went back to school to get her masters and is now a school psychologist, and she loves it! ^-^ Good luck on your future education plans! No need to rush back. ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Existing. I don't really have a job, I'm on disability. I'd like to go back to school though(I never made it past 10th or 11th).

I'm sorry to hear that. :C I hope the nature of your disability isn't excessively painful! That would be terrible. It would be wonderful to go back to school! I hope you get the chance to do it if that is what you want! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nothing at the moment.. Living? Hopefully I can get some help with finding a job or just get some economic compensation soon though.

Sorry to hear that. :C It took me a full year out of college to find a decent job, so I can understand. I will keep my fingers crossed that you find something soon! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I work at IBM in automation (Computer Science related field) but my work is confidential. :p

Oh! How cool! Too bad you can't say what you do, but it must be pretty awesome/important! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I work at a silkscreen studio and I do freelance illustration on the side.

Cool! What kind of things do you work on at the studio? ^-^

im a dog walker/sitter :)
gets me out of the house and dogs! all the dogs! XD

and also work with retired greyhounds for three evenings a week. :)

Last edited:
im a dog walker/sitter :)
gets me out of the house and dogs! all the dogs! XD

and also work with retired greyhounds for three evenings a week. :)

Awe! That is awesome! I have always wanted to adopt a retired racing greyhound! They are such sweethearts! It will be difficult/impossible now that I have cats though... :C

I design a lot of apparel. Those graphic shirts you see a lot of, I make those lol.

Oh cool! I wonder if I have ever bought one of your designs and not known it! ^-^ I don't really wear graphic tees anymore, but I used to wear them a lot! ^-^

Currently proofreader @ medical/legal company and also CNA/HHA for older folks and disabled people. In a master's program to get a degree in occupational therapy. Can't wait 'til it's over! I just want to do meaningful work! I hate school!

I'm in college but I don't have enough time to get a job :(

Nothing wrong with that! I worked full time and went to school full time, and it was miserable! I don't miss those days at all. ^-^

Currently proofreader @ medical/legal company and also CNA/HHA for older folks and disabled people. In a master's program to get a degree in occupational therapy. Can't wait 'til it's over! I just want to do meaningful work! I hate school!

Oh wow! You sound very busy! I always liked school, but I know that is unusual. Good luck with your master's! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

im in school and i will probably never get a job lol

Haha! What are you in school for? ^-^

i am about to enter a bachelor of social work program and i eventually want to get my MSW (master of social work)

but for now i'm just a student~

i am about to enter a bachelor of social work program and i eventually want to get my MSW (master of social work)

but for now i'm just a student~

Well that sounds like it will be very difficult, but rewarding! Good luck with your degree! ^-^

Awe! That is awesome! I have always wanted to adopt a retired racing greyhound! They are such sweethearts! It will be difficult/impossible now that I have cats though... :C

Some greys can live with cats you just need to find one that does! We've rehomed some who live with cats.
So theres hope! XD

Some greys can live with cats you just need to find one that does! We've rehomed some who live with cats.
So theres hope! XD

Well that is reassuring! One of the kitties I have at the moment is very scared of dogs though so I wonder how she would do! XD It prob wouldn't be that bad actually since it is the barking that scares her and greys don't really bark. ^-^

Eternal student.

I was doing freelance work as a camera operator for several years but decided it just wasn't for me. I've gone back to school to study in a different field and feel so much happier for it. :)

Eternal student.

I was doing freelance work as a camera operator for several years but decided it just wasn't for me. I've gone back to school to study in a different field and feel so much happier for it. :)

Tell me more :eek:

Eternal student.

Haha! I WISH I could be an eternal student! I love school! XD What are you studying now? ^.^

Yeah I understand! My degree didn't get me where I wanted, but I have that piece of paper haha! (And a bunch of loans... :C) I still like to read and learn about history and I try to practice languages when I can! ^-^

That is soooo cool that you are a Vet assistant! ^-^ Is it amazing? I wanted to be a vet when I was little, but when I found out that sometimes they don't get better I couldn't do it... :C What is your fave part about it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh cool! Not quite the same, but I was a candy stripe-er for a while at a hospital. It was pretty fun! Do you enjoy it?

That's pretty hard to choose! But if I had to pick, my fave thing about it is seeing the care and love between my clients and my patients <3 It truly warms my heart to ease their worries and helping their furry friends heal and feel better <3

It can, however, be a very difficult thing, to see the life of an animal fade before me and my fellow staff (we can't save them all sadly :'( but I like to console my clients the best I can.

That's pretty hard to choose! But if I had to pick, my fave thing about it is seeing the care and love between my clients and my patients <3 It truly warms my heart to ease their worries and helping their furry friends heal and feel better <3

It can, however, be a very difficult thing, to see the life of an animal fade before me and my fellow staff (we can't save them all sadly :'( but I like to console my clients the best I can.

Aww! That is so sweet! ^///^ I'm sure your patients and their owners can tell how much you care! I'm sure you are very good at consoling! I just recently brought one of my kitties to the vet and both the vet and vet tech were amazing with her. I could definitely tell they cared about what they did! ^-^ <3

Aww! That is so sweet! ^///^ I'm sure your patients and their owners can tell how much you care! I'm sure you are very good at consoling! I just recently brought one of my kitties to the vet and both the vet and vet tech were amazing with her. I could definitely tell they cared about what they did! ^-^ <3

Ah, pets... Where would we be without them <3

Back