• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Industry do you work in?

It's been art mainly, but I'm working on branching out into some other stuff—I noticed I was falling into a hustle culture mindset that was really not healthy for me, plus AI art was giving me a ton of existential dread, and business hasn't been going very well with the recent economic troubles either. 🥴 So I've been studying writing and considering maybe getting into Youtubing as well.

I use to work in cleaning

until virus19 mushed it, and my health was declining alot so I'm not sure I could have continued it much longer anyway. Maybe.
It wasn't the job I aimed for in life, but it was the best paying job I ever had and I actually liked my job. I actually had the benefit of time off that was earned based on hours worked.
Best part was that I wasn't attacked and harassed by customers.
The company doesn't exist anymore in 49 states.

For now I'm at home, and I have been learning how to make video games though it is on the back burner right now due to pup. Not sure it will take me anywhere. I hope so, but it's unlikely since I didn't have any schooling for any part of it and I have the animal spirit of a turtle. My health is better but still have difficult days.

I wouldn't mind going into a physical call center office job if I had the opportunity. I think it may be something I could do if given the chance and given the patience. Had a hard time getting my foot in the door for that one when I was job hunting before and after virus19.

I work in IT in the insurance industry. It's not the job or the industry I would have chosen, but it pays well enough and on a good day I do enjoy several aspects of my job.

Food service; I make coffee. The degree I'm studying is justice/law focused/related so I'm hoping to be in the legal field in the future.

Medicine/Hospital work! Technically I'm an intern so I'm not fully paid, but I work about 8+ hours almost daily, depending on which department I'm rotating in. Right now I'm in the Pediatrics Department so work hours have been ranging between 10-20 hours (10 hours during morning/afternoon shifts, 20 hours if I have to work the graveyard shift which is around 3x a week), no weekends or holidays off unfortunately. I also have some additional work off-duty since I'm the one coordinating between my fellow co-interns and our higher-ups lmao.

It's funny since during TBT camp I feel I've said the phrase "I'm at work but..." one too many times. I'm sorry friends 😭 Work did come in handy when we needed a bidet for the scavenger hunt and there was a bidet in our emergency room bathroom lmao

I work in Marketing, Communications & Engagement for a charity! We support people who need it most and focus on reducing social isolation in deprived communities whilst having an environmental focus. I do everything from managing project websites to creating newsletters, graphics, attending networking events and public events as representing the project/s. I also liaise with other internal teams to see if they need support and generally sharing useful information and resources in a broken down easy to understand way. AND for the engagement stuff, it’s making sure our participants continue working with us and making sure they’re supported, if there’s any issues w our delivery then it’s my responsibility to implement a strategy.

Downside is I don’t get paid enough 😂 and I want a permanent contract!

I work in a design studio as a product designer! 👨‍🚀 I operate more as a visual & brand designer on a day to day, though. I love it! :]

im a wildlife biologist!! its a lot of fun because the entire job is rolling around in the dirt and looking for critters and is greatly satisfying because i feel as though i have fulfilled my purpose (being stinky and dirty)

I’m working towards being an author, and I’m going to write nonfiction books about topics, I feel like people, lack knowledge, information, awareness, and understanding on. I’d rather not get into all of the topics due to controversy reasons, but one topic I don’t mind sharing: it is going to be a book about the autistic spectrum.

And later on down the road, I will be going to programs for people with special needs, which will be like a job according to my dad, but I still don’t really have much detail about what it’ll be like but once I do, I will give you guys more detail. ^^

I work as a concept artist for an indie game studio. I've been designing creatures for a monster-catching game series called Nexomon. As of writing, the 3rd game is currently in development.

Back