• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your profession?

I think that if you have an audience of any kind, and people listen to you, then you can influence the world in some way. If I earn success by doing something that I love, and then be able to make some kind of positive change in the world, I would be very happy. The only problem is that I haven't decided what exactly I want to do yet.

Last edited:
I'm a full time student (double majoring) and I have two (arguably unexciting) jobs, I work in the library on campus and I sell candles at a candle store. It's not ideal but it works for me.

Well, I'm still in high school, as I'm 16.:p Thus, I'm a student.
But, I'd really like to be a lawyer.

I'm a few weeks late on this reply but I'm studying medicine now and my first degree was in biochemistry. I was pretty set on becoming a teacher when I was younger and most of my past job experiences have been in child care. I'll probably be a pediatrician or family doctor.

Oh cool! I wish you luck with that! You really will be a student for a long time then! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think that if you have an audience of any kind, and people listen to you, then you can influence the world in some way. If I earn success by doing something that I love, and then be able to make some kind of positive change in the world, I would be very happy. The only problem is that I haven't decided what exactly I want to do yet.

I agree with you on that. There are a ton of different things you could do that would effect positive change in the world. Good luck finding your passion! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm a full time student (double majoring) and I have two (arguably unexciting) jobs, I work in the library on campus and I sell candles at a candle store. It's not ideal but it works for me.

Oh I have been there. I worked at my campus library and Bojangles' when I was going to school full time! Happiest day of my life was when I could finally survive off of one job! XD You will get through it! Just hang in there!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, I'm still in high school, as I'm 16.:p Thus, I'm a student.
But, I'd really like to be a lawyer.

Good luck finishing High School! What kind of lawyer do you want to be? ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm a graphic designer and artist. ^__^

Oh cool! What kind of graphic design do you do? ^-^

I do commissions (freelance), comics, illustrations, logos, signs, posters, lots of stuff... :^)

I do commissions (freelance), comics, illustrations, logos, signs, posters, lots of stuff... :^)

That is really cool! I wish I was more artistically inclined. I have a ton of respect for artists and musicians because I can't do it! XD Do you have a site that shows some of your work? ^-^

I'm not working currently, but I am in school to become a Mortician. If that fails, I was thinking either Roadkill Clean up, or working in some animal kennels maybe.

I'm not working currently, but I am in school to become a Mortician. If that fails, I was thinking either Roadkill Clean up, or working in some animal kennels maybe.

Oh interesting! I don't think I could handle any of those jobs personally, but it is great that you want to do that! ^-^ What kind of school do you have to attend to be a mortician? ^-^

Oh cool! I wish you luck with that! You really will be a student for a long time then! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree with you on that. There are a ton of different things you could do that would effect positive change in the world. Good luck finding your passion! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh I have been there. I worked at my campus library and Bojangles' when I was going to school full time! Happiest day of my life was when I could finally survive off of one job! XD You will get through it! Just hang in there!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Good luck finishing High School! What kind of lawyer do you want to be? ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh cool! What kind of graphic design do you do? ^-^

I'm not sure what kind of lawyer I want to be exactly, but I would like to have my own firm someday.

I'm not sure what kind of lawyer I want to be exactly, but I would like to have my own firm someday.

That is a really good goal to work towards! I'm sure you will figure out what type of law you want to practice once you start law classes. Good luck! ^-^

I'm still in school, and I'm a long way to getting the ideal job, but I want to work with animals someday. I'm thinking about being a vet. I can both work with animals and get enough money to support myself and all the animals I'll own. I just hope I'll have enough time to care for them when I get home from work.

I'm still in school, and I'm a long way to getting the ideal job, but I want to work with animals someday. I'm thinking about being a vet. I can both work with animals and get enough money to support myself and all the animals I'll own. I just hope I'll have enough time to care for them when I get home from work.

That would be a lovely career! I hope you are able to do that someday! I just had to take my kitty to the vet for a teeth cleaning and she had a tooth pulled. The staff there are all great, so it makes it a lot easier to bring her! Good luck in school! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Kindergarten teacher now, taught preschool for past 4 years.

Oh fun! Do you enjoy it? It is a difficult job for sure! ^-^

Right now I'm just a full-time student at a university studying information technology.

Previously I worked at a Hooters-type restaurant for fun, and I may have an internship with Universal Studios next summer~

still in school, but i want to be an engineer, probably in either environmental or water resources.

Right now I'm just a full-time student at a university studying information technology.

Previously I worked at a Hooters-type restaurant for fun, and I may have an internship with Universal Studios next summer~

That sounds fun! I wish you luck with school! I work with a girl who did an internship at Disney and she loved it! I hope you get it! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

still in school, but i want to be an engineer, probably in either environmental or water resources.

Oh cool! My brother-in-law is actually a mechanical engineer with John Deere, so I know some of what you will go through in school! Good luck with school! ^-^

United States Navy Sailor. I joined about 4 months ago. Boot camp was 2 months long and my "A" School was 1 month long. Finally at my duty station which is an Aircraft Carrier! That's the cool part, the not-so-cool part is that this Aircraft Carrier will be in the shipyard for at least a year for repairs. I haven't been assigned a specific rate (job) yet but right now I'm working with the guys who work on the catapult equipment used to launch jets.

Also, have a lot of love for the Navy Federal Credit Union! That wouldn't happen to be the credit union you're working for, would it?

United States Navy Sailor. I joined about 4 months ago. Boot camp was 2 months long and my "A" School was 1 month long. Finally at my duty station which is an Aircraft Carrier! That's the cool part, the not-so-cool part is that this Aircraft Carrier will be in the shipyard for at least a year for repairs. I haven't been assigned a specific rate (job) yet but right now I'm working with the guys who work on the catapult equipment used to launch jets.

Also, have a lot of love for the Navy Federal Credit Union! That wouldn't happen to be the credit union you're working for, would it?

Oh very cool! I would like to thank you for your service! ^-^ It is a noble thing for you to do. Sorry your carrier will be in the shipyard for so long. That is no fun! Are you hoping for a specific job? That catapult equipment sounds cool! ^-^

I actually work for the North Carolina State Employees' Credit Union, but I have heard nothing but good things about Navy Federal, and if I wanted to move out of NC that is the credit union I would apply to!

Fun Fact: NCSECU is the 2nd largest credit union in the country despite being confined to only NC. The only credit union larger than us is Navy Federal! ^-^

Back