What is your profession?

I'm a customer service rep for amazon. I answer calls do online chats and webcam sometimes my favorite part is i work from home

I'm a customer service rep for amazon. I answer calls do online chats and webcam sometimes my favorite part is i work from home

Haha! Cool! I would LOVE to work from home, but it is impossible with my job. ^.^ I hope people are nice to you!

I'm an elementary school teacher. There are very few permanent jobs available where I live, so right now I'm just doing substitute work. As much as people might judge me for saying this, I don't always enjoy it. Most kids don't seem to respect me at all. My mom says all kids give substitute teachers a hard time, and that I shouldn't take it so personally. Still, I can't help but feel inadequate and incompetent when I get home from work some days. Sometimes I think I'm just not cut out for being a teacher.

I'm an elementary school teacher. There are very few permanent jobs available where I live, so right now I'm just doing substitute work. As much as people might judge me for saying this, I don't always enjoy it. Most kids don't seem to respect me at all. My mom says all kids give substitute teachers a hard time, and that I shouldn't take it so personally. Still, I can't help but feel inadequate and incompetent when I get home from work some days. Sometimes I think I'm just not cut out for being a teacher.

Oh I certainly won't judge you for that! When I came home after my sister's first day as a 3rd grade teacher, I found her sobbing on the couch unable to explain what happened. Her kids were very wild and she was at a low-income school. In the end she decided she couldn't handle it, so she went back to school and is now a school psychologist and much happier! My branch manager at work was a middle school English teacher and couldn't do it anymore, and one of the tellers was an elementary school teacher as well. I was planning on being a history or Spanish teacher, but mercifully realized it was a mistake and was able to change my major. I KNOW I couldn't handle it. :C

Teaching is not for everyone, and you will certainly not be alone if you decide to do something else! Don't pay attention to people who would judge. They obviously don't know any teachers IRL, and don't know how incredibly difficult it can be! It is often thankless, you work ridiculous hours, and get paid next-to nothing for it (at least in NC). I don't know your specific situation, or how much of your job you love, but I wish you luck! It is a hard career you have, and, if you decide to stay with it, I wish you luck and better/nicer kids in the future! ^-^

Oh I certainly won't judge you for that! When I came home after my sister's first day as a 3rd grade teacher, I found her sobbing on the couch unable to explain what happened. Her kids were very wild and she was at a low-income school. In the end she decided she couldn't handle it, so she went back to school and is now a school psychologist and much happier! My branch manager at work was a middle school English teacher and couldn't do it anymore, and one of the tellers was an elementary school teacher as well. I was planning on being a history or Spanish teacher, but mercifully realized it was a mistake and was able to change my major. I KNOW I couldn't handle it. :C

Teaching is not for everyone, and you will certainly not be alone if you decide to do something else! Don't pay attention to people who would judge. They obviously don't know any teachers IRL, and don't know how incredibly difficult it can be! It is often thankless, you work ridiculous hours, and get paid next-to nothing for it (at least in NC). I don't know your specific situation, or how much of your job you love, but I wish you luck! It is a hard career you have, and, if you decide to stay with it, I wish you luck and better/nicer kids in the future! ^-^

Thank you so much for your kind, supportive response. :) And thank you for sharing stories about other teachers who have switched career paths. It's good to know that I am not alone and that other people found that teaching wasn't as rewarding as they thought it would be. Like your sister, one of the schools I teach at is a low-income school. That can make all the difference in terms of behaviour. I'd love to help them and point them towards a brighter future, but at the same time they are so wild and unmanageable. DX Anyway, thanks again for listening. *hugs*

Haha! Cool! I would LOVE to work from home, but it is impossible with my job. ^.^ I hope people are nice to you!

Most times they are but other times ppl get a lil moody and mean

Thank you so much for your kind, supportive response. :) And thank you for sharing stories about other teachers who have switched career paths. It's good to know that I am not alone and that other people found that teaching wasn't as rewarding as they thought it would be. Like your sister, one of the schools I teach at is a low-income school. That can make all the difference in terms of behaviour. I'd love to help them and point them towards a brighter future, but at the same time they are so wild and unmanageable. DX Anyway, thanks again for listening. *hugs*

No problem at all! :hugs back: Hang in there! Whatever you decide is right for you is the best decision! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Most times they are but other times ppl get a lil moody and mean

Yeah I'm not surprised! I have worked in some form of customer service for the past 10 years, and people are not always nice! :C The good news is that overall they are. ^-^

I'm also a banker. I work for a small community bank. I do a lot of the same things as OP.

I would like to get into a training role, or become a librarian. I prefer to teach without the pressure of making sales.

I work as a Therapeutic Radiographer. My job involves managing the treatment of patients with cancer. I work in scanning the patients planning their treatment and then delivering it. The amount of time patients come in for treatment can vary from a couple of days to a couple of months. I enjoy making a difference for my patients and they're always so grateful for the care that they receive for the most part anyway. You get some tough days sometimes and it can be very stressful but to see the smile on people's faces makes it worth it.

Slave for my master...

Honest work I suppose! ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm also a banker. I work for a small community bank. I do a lot of the same things as OP.

I would like to get into a training role, or become a librarian. I prefer to teach without the pressure of making sales.

Oh cool! I actually work for a Credit Union and, thankfully, there are no sales aspects to our institution. ^-^ I am most definitely not a sales person! Haha! XD I enjoy training as well. I find it to be fun!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I work as a Therapeutic Radiographer. My job involves managing the treatment of patients with cancer. I work in scanning the patients planning their treatment and then delivering it. The amount of time patients come in for treatment can vary from a couple of days to a couple of months. I enjoy making a difference for my patients and they're always so grateful for the care that they receive for the most part anyway. You get some tough days sometimes and it can be very stressful but to see the smile on people's faces makes it worth it.

Oh wow! That sounds amazing, but difficult. I would find that to be emotionally draining, but I am grateful that you do what you do. I'm glad that people appreciate your help. ^-^

I don't have a job yet. In fact, I'm only in 7th grade haha ("that explains a lot" I can hear people saying lol). Better embrace these days while I can! I hear growing up is difficult.

Hairstylist, but I'm really considering leaving the beauty industry because I don't care about beauty >__>

I was actually thinking about it this morning how strange it is that I ended up in a teaching job. Because looking back, I don't think it was ever in my big plan or ideal job. I had the usual possibly unobtainable dreams for being an astronaut and things, but I'm pretty sure I always wanted to do something with animals. Not sure how or when that changed from animals to children ;) Also working in the police force was also something I considered after I left school, I may well have gone on to do that had there been any vacancies in my local area at the time. Generally I do enjoy my job, as challenging and physically demanding as it is, I wouldn't want to work in any other area than SEN.

Back