• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What is your most + least favourite personality type and why?

FAVOURITE personality type

• Total voters
My most favourite is probably lazy, which is a NH exclusive fave. I know a lot of people hate the constant talk about bugs (and sometimes it wears on me too), but they have some of the most humorous dialogue in the game for me. Second fave is probably jock, if only because they're always so friendly and raring to go.

Least favourite is probably normal. Don't hate them, they just don't stand out for me. Second least favourite (but only in NH) would be smugs. They don't feel very... smug, at least not in NH. "If I can do it, anyone can!" doesn't sound smug at all, it sounds very humble. I do still like them, but I prefer the super smug dialogue from previous games. I remember Olaf really annoyed me when I first met him in NL, then he grew on me as we became friends.

For those curious, my previous game faves are smug and cranky, least fave was jock and snooty. NH has certainly changed things up for me!

My favorite is a tie between normal and uchi/sisterly! My least favorite personality is jock.

least favourite: Uchi, there just aren't any cute ones tbh

Favourite: Peppy/Smug, peppy bc I just love how happy and excited they are about everything and smug bc the dialogue is sorta business related and that's adorable

I love all, personalities, but my favorite is a tie between smug and peppy. Smug villagers make me laugh and I like new horizons snooty villager dialog.

My least favorite is going to have to Cranky. I don't like how they act like old men.
I prefer new leaf Cranky villagers.

My favorite personalities are Smug and Snooty. They're really close so it's hard to just pick one and the answer of which I like the most kind of changes by the day.

My least favorite personality is Lazy. There are a lot of Lazy character designs that I really love, like Boomer, Clay, Drago, Erik, Lucky, Marcel, Raddle, Stitches, and Tucker. However, the personality itself is too childish and the decision to make them talk about bugs as a defining personality trait in New Horizons is...questionable.

Ooh, wasn't expecting Cranky to be winning the poll. Nice.

Anyway. My favorite type is Uchi. They give you medicine when you get stung by bees. 🥺
...That's all. It's very cute. That and I like tomboy/more masculine female characters.

Least favorite.... Hm... Probably Lazy? Never bonded with one prior to New Horizons and their talking about bugs doesn't really do it for me. Only occasionally will I find it funny, to make matters worse; the dialogue is easily repeatable in this game so it can get super annoying sometimes.

I find it hard to narrow down to just one, but I'm gonna vote normal. and I don't think I dislike any atm. I'm not a huge fan of hearing lazy villagers talk about their nasty habits but they have some entertaining dialogue and some of my fav villagers in the game are lazies.

normal villagers have the cutest dialogue, yesterday I was listening in on a conversation between Poppy and Lolly about visiting Lolly's house to bake something together.

Favorite is a horse race between lazy and smug, since I genuinely enjoy most of their dialogue, so much so that I can listen to Tex talk about his past endeavors in his band or Cranston weirdly obsess about bugs and still never get tired of it.
Least favorite is hard, since I now know after some experimenting that I NEED all eight in order to have a functioning town for myself at least, but I'll go with jock, only because the muscle talk does get really overdone. However, I still think they're funny and the right jock and can really elevate the dialogue imo.

Favorite is either Normal or Smug. I relate most to the normal personality especially bookworm types. Smugs entertain me, especially when they are exploring the island with a magnifying glass.

Least favorite is Jocks. I don't want to hear about your muscles 24/7. I have tried numerous times to have a jock on my island I always last two days before I am ready to boot them. If the split half of their dialog with something other than muscles they would be tolerable .

I think for me it's a tie between jocks and crankies. I love them both. Jocks are funny and I think of them as being kind of airheads but in a cute way. And crankies are cute old guys.

I don't really like normals. I honestly can't think of any dialogue that really has stuck out to me. It's very mild-mannered which is a little boring to me.

My favorite is peppy because I like how they are energetic, happy, and love of being a pop star.

Cranky is my least favorite because they could be mean sometimes. :')

I have voted for lazy, because that is my favourite, but I also love the cranky personality as well.
Lazies in my opinion are so funny, and say the weirdest things.
I love the crankies, because of how they act like cute old men and sometimes can be funny. Mostly talking about Wolfgang and Dobie here xD

As for least favourite, that's not hard- Jocks. The way they just constantly have to talk about working out isn't interesting or cute too me. Kinda just straight up annoying. 😂 Which is a shame, because there are a couple of Jock villagers that I really like.

My favorite is the cranky. They remind me of grumpy old men and they say they funniest stuff in the most serious way (in real life too). My least favorite is sisterly. I keep trying over and over. I think it's less about their personality and more that none of the characters are designed in a way that draws me to them. Kinda sucks because my idea of sisterly is more what I am in real life so I thought they would be my favorite. Tough, honest strong type of ladies. The big sister you go get when the bully won't leave you alone.

I really enjoy all of the personalities except jock and smug.

Sometimes peppy can be annoying too, if
you asked me this 10 years ago i would have said cranky and snooty are the best with lazy following close behind.

they’re all just so dull and lackluster compared to their old selves.

my favourite personality is normal! i know a few people find the normals to be a bit boring (which is totally okay!) but i just love how sweet they are and plus, so many of their designs are so, so cute and quite a few of my favourite villagers are normal. :’)

as for least favourite, it’s a tie between jock and smug. i honestly,, don’t care about sports or fitness at all and find the jock dialogue to be kind of annoying + i dislike most of their designs aha. the smugs have better designs imo but i find their dialogue annoying, too. 🥴

My favourite is Snooty because I’ve been attached to Olivia since the wild world days and I always looked up to them? 😂

My favorite is probably Peppy - I feel like they are so fun to talk to, and I seem to have pretty good luck in getting fun dialogue from my peppies. Plus they are always so happy to see me.

it probably doesn’t hurt that Tabby and Bangle, two of my all time faves are peppies.

very close behind or tied are the uchi and normal villagers. I love the uchi’s attitudes, how they are tough but sweet, and they have some really great personal stories and interactions worth other villagers. Normals are just so relatable for me, because I also love baking and reading and writing and sometimes don’t have the most confidence in myself. I love their positivity and gentleness. Normals and uchis also have really great designs.

my least favorite is cranky. Their personality seems too be...old man. I just don’t think ‘being old’ is a personality (but I also don’t want them to be mean and I don’t think meanness = interesting or unique). I also don’t want to think of any of my villagers as old, they all look so childish, and I don’t like the low voices. the crankies are sweet enough, I like them better when I don’t have the sound on, but I just find them the least interesting to interact with.

A lot of their designs are very fun though - Cyd, Ike, Kabuki, Rocco, Hamphrey, and Spike are just a few of the really great ones.

[obviously that is all just my opinion and no one has to agree, I know a lot of people love the crankies].

My favourite personality type might actually be a tie between the Normals and the Peppies! I do also love the snooty and smug personality but not quite as much. I feel like I relate with the Normal personality the most, lol. I find them to be really sweet, plus more than half of my favourite personalities design wise end up being Normals! There is something really endearing about the Peppies to me, though. I just think they're so cute, lol. I have Gabi on my island right now and I love her so much.

My least favourite is probably the Uchi's, with Jocks coming in close. I've just never vibed with the Uchi personality, I dunno. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of their designs and out of all my villagers Phoebe is probably the one I talk with the least. I don't love Jocks either, I find them to be a little boring but it's cute how much they run around lol.

I know it wasn't asked but man. If there was a most disappointing category it would go to the Lazy villagers for me! They aren't my least favourite, but I am definitely not thrilled about the change they've underwent. Stop talking to me about bugs, please. D: I imagine poor Blathers must shudder every time a lazy walks in and strikes up a conversation with him. 😔

Favorite is probably cranky or normal. The cranky villagers are straight up hilarious while the normals are so sweet and kind. I also tend to like the designs of the normal villagers best— they’re so adorable!

Least favorite is definitely smug. They’re so full of themselves lol. I know it’s supposed to be cute/funny, but to me it’s just off-putting. I genuinely find all smug villagers completely annoying (especially Rodney) and the only exception is Eugene because he seems pretty cool. But smug is definitely the worst for me.

Back