• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your job?

Nothing is set in stone for me right now, as I still need to learn about self-publishing and other processes that go into my following dream career:

I am working towards being an author. I want to write about issues, topics, things, etc. that pertain to me (whether directly or second-handedly), and hell other people too. There are a lot of things I feel like people lack knowledge, information, awareness, and understanding on. And I want to be that source of said knowledge, information, awareness, and understanding. I want to spread knowledge, I want to spread love, I want people to become better versions of themselves. I want to help people manage their insecurities and other negative emotions in better ways

I will not get into all of my planned books, as some may cause controversy, but some of my planned books will be about the following topics:

* Attraction to fictional characters and self-shipping
* Autism Spectrum Disorder (including disorders that can stem from it)
* The problems with our school system
* Understanding and managing mental health
* The importance of world peace
* The toxicity of beauty standards
* Understanding your child(ren)

I'm still young (25 years old), but I have been alive long enough to understand that the aforementioned topics are severely overlooked. My overall goal is to improve society as a whole. I want people to be kinder and more accepting when it comes to self-shipping and having autism (as I belong to both groups). I know I cannot rid the world of ignorant and injustice completely, but I hope to at least make an impact in some peoples' lives and alleviate hatred and bullying to a considerable extent. 💖

I’m a dietary aide in a nursing home. My main job is washing the pots and pans and other dishes used to serve the residents their meals. I also deliver anything that is to be consumed to the units if they ask for them and to deliver the meal trays and then pick them up after everyone is done eating. I do a few other small tasks. It can be a lot yo do but I do feel fulfilled and happy that I’m helping others. The pay isn’t too bad and this has been one of my best jobs that I’ve ever had. Only downside I’ve come across is that my psoriasis came back and I need to wear cotton gloves underneath nitrile gloves to keep it from getting worse again.

I work for an online bicycle company where I basically put stock away in the warehouse and create in-house products that we then sell online alongside everything else. It's not ground breaking job but it pays the bills and everyone in my department gets along.

I am a toddler teacher!! I love my job so much and I am so incredibly grateful to be working in such a wonderful nursery school. I've previously been a preschool teacher where I've worked with older kids (2.5 year Olds - 4 year olds) but toddlers (1-2.5 year olds) are definitely my favourite age.

The little ones are so sweet and they make me so happy. Not every moment is easy (it can be a very overwhelming job at times with so many little ones) but the good outshines the bad for me. It's so much fun getting to watch the lil ones learn and grow - it's crazy comparing how the kids were in September to now and it'll be even crazier come June!!

The job is messy, loud, chaotic, but it's full of so much love and I can't imagine doing anything else.

The biggest downside is the pay and lack of benefits that come with working in early childhood education. It's not seen as a "real" job by many people and that can be really frustrating.

I am a toddler teacher!! I love my job so much and I am so incredibly grateful to be working in such a wonderful nursery school. I've previously been a preschool teacher where I've worked with older kids (2.5 year Olds - 4 year olds) but toddlers (1-2.5 year olds) are definitely my favourite age.

The little ones are so sweet and they make me so happy. Not every moment is easy (it can be a very overwhelming job at times with so many little ones) but the good outshines the bad for me. It's so much fun getting to watch the lil ones learn and grow - it's crazy comparing how the kids were in September to now and it'll be even crazier come June!!

The job is messy, loud, chaotic, but it's full of so much love and I can't imagine doing anything else.

The biggest downside is the pay and lack of benefits that come with working in early childhood education. It's not seen as a "real" job by many people and that can be really frustrating.
I'm training to be a primary teacher and this makes my heart happy <33 I'm so glad it brings you so much joy!! It's such a rewarding (but demanding) job.

i'm a service manager for major corporate clients on behalf of a big service provider ! i like my job - i get on with my clients and generally nothing is ever toooo stressful and im paid more than i deserve

I'm a product designer in a graphic design studio! I work in a small (and I mean small) team of creatives, and our goal is becoming the design partner for brands who need a little more peace in their lives

Operatively, I'm the resident brand designer. Most of my efforts surround creating or refreshing visual identities and brand standards for companies, taking a brand's visual system and turning it into products (Like websites, apps, etc.), and overlooking our studio's brand system and visual presence.

I love my job!

I work at a nonprofit and enroll volunteers into the program. Not what I'd like to do forever, but it's the most peaceful job I've had thus far, and it's hybrid so I work from home 90% of the time, which I love. It's also my highest paying job, though that's not saying much as nonprofits notoriously are low paying.

I wash dishes for a local restaurant. Nothing fancy, as I never had any intention of going to college. I think schools shove it down your throat that you have to go to college to be successful. I wouldn't necessarily call myself successful, but I am happy and that is enough success in my book.
So many people base their whole self off of their job. You are more than your job. There is so much more to life than work. Happiness is key to a good life.

This is a great thread! It’s so cool to read what all of you are doing! I grew up wanting to be an elementary school teacher, and worked in a preschool during college (I loved it so much 🥰) But then I severed both nerves and tendons in one of my fingers and I didn’t have medical insurance at the time, so that took me out of commission. I just never got back to it! :( My career took me to Chase, where I wrote the letters that Chase sends out to customers. I absolutely loved that role, it was my favorite. It was quite an achievement to land too, as many people told me I wouldn’t be able to make the pay grade level jump from where I was to where that role was and I did - because the hiring manager was told the same thing once and she believed in me.

My last day of work was May 17, 2019, and now I am a stay-at-home mom to our sweet 4 year old, Nicholas (you can read more about him in my About section). I plan on homeschooling him until he is more medically independent and confident in what he is okay answering about himself to others. It’s funny, I wanted to be a teacher, and it all comes full circle, because I get to be a teacher to the best child I could ever ask for and dream of teaching. 💖

I’m in the process of writing a children’s book, and would love to get my art off the ground as a small source of income (wouldn’t everyone, ha) and I’d also love to find time to be able to write some lore for my vast amount of characters on my Toyhouse account. I have most of their backstories completed, but would love to find time to get actual book/fan-fiction material written.

Back